The Replay and Analysis Thread

Hello everybody!

This thread objective is helping our community members to improve their gameplan and general skill in the game. How? Easy!

-Post a video with you playing KI
-We, the community, will analyse the set, and provide you tips and advice to make you improve!
-Feel free to tag some people if you want a particular person to help you

Don’t be ashamed of your skill. We are not judging: we are helping! Nobody is going to make fun of anyone, we are all learning!

As suggestion, I would recommend to anybody who wants to analyse to make deep and analytical posts, not just: you shoud block more, and vague stuff like that.

Share your fights, so the community can share their knowledge!!

9 Likes

Reserved for Dayvo vs @GalacticGeek.

The video is here!
https://account.xbox.com/es-ES/gameclip/60d57a1c-ee8f-4f93-8eac-313284c707bf?gamertag=Dayv0&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

I would like to ask for their analysis to @TheNinjaOstrich, @STORM179, @DEClimax, @Infilament and @Sasuke99I. Anyone can help tho

2 Likes

And I’ll get this thread started!

So, I fought GutterMagic recently with my Kim. It was a good set of matches, but I ultimately lost. Why is that, and can you help me?

Excluding STORM179 :slight_smile:

1 Like

:pensive:

2 Likes

Lol. If you want to explain a second time, go ahead. You do you dude. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Cool. I’ll be posting my matches here soon.

1 Like

same here

1 Like

Updated my second post with a link to the set

Copy and pasted.
@GalacticGeek You are too impatient. Block is an amazing tactic. 2-3 grabs hurt less than eating a full combo. You attempted some fancy stuff. Too much in fact. You could’ve killed once but instead went for shadow payload assault. It is a great move but don’t rely on it. Your execution is off as well. You dropped a lot of combos and meaties. Dayv0 went for Shadow Lighting strike a few times(whatever it is called) but it isn’t invincible so you could’ve beat it if you meatied properly.

@Dayv0 You did well. You went for the command grab and it worked. You capitalized on it. You used it as what it is. A command grab. Beat blocking opponents but also untechable. That’s good but it is also more than that. It is a battery command grab. It builds pips for Eyedol. You do not use it though. Same thing for teleport. You used it as a teleport. It is more than that. Use your pips and you will be amazing.

Incoming giant MLA essay tomorrow…

1 Like

Okay, so here’s what I noticed:

I jumped way too much (certainly more than I normally do). I’m usually pretty grounded. Time and time again, I was getting hit by his wakeup DP. I think this is because I often don’t think of it as a DP, since it uses different inputs, despite the fact that that’s what it actually is. An easy fix, mindset-wise.

I also locked out on a lot of his ADs despite knowing how to read them - this was an in-the moment panic-like state, rather than being calm and collected, where I would do better. Then again, it’s Dayv0 and I knew he was recording, so there was plenty to be nervous about.

Regarding Eyedol, I learned 3 things: How much advantage he has using s.MP after QCF+P, how far his command grab can actually reach (much further than I expected, and I was surprised to see him use it off of the run), and how fast his s.bolt comes out. I tried to beat it, and never could. Is it instant?

I was, as many have said, still doing YOLO ruin/n.disaster from full-screen on occasion. I tell myself not to do this, but still often think players will use a projectile or other long-range attack and I want to take advantage of that, but it often backfires against more defensive-minded players. It’s basically a case of jumping the gun.

I’ve been trying to break the habit of using ND up close as an opener after a normal due to how punishable it is on block , but I’m not quite there yet. I try to do pulverize instead, since I think it’s safer, but it also pulls them in closer, so it doesn’t make it all that much easier…

I throw too much up close. Not something I do often unless I’m nervous or in a panic which I was in this case.

Dayv0 told me my combos are too long, and while this is certainly true, I pride myself in doing them (although I can name at least 2 I messed up during our set on account of it) because of the satisfaction it brings. Typically I try and go for 1 lockout and end it before they recover, but there is the occasional mishap where I think I’ll be able to finish a move into ender, and just before I get the ender, they break. So, memorizing which setups combo-wise are safer with that will help a lot there.

Not part of the set, but I find that my s.pulverize gets broken a lot because of how slow it is. What surprises me is that even if I use it as counter-breaker bait, most experienced players in my experience still don’t fall for it, which is disheartening. I’d do s.ND instead to push them into corner since it’s harder to break, but generally speaking, if they don’t fall for bait of the s.pulverize, then they can usually break the s.ND too.

In regards to counter breakers, I still have a hard time with them. It always seems like I’m late when performing them when they try to break my shadow moves. If I wait for a 2nd yellow flash, I’m already too late even though I never saw a 3rd, and sometimes, I’ll not see 1 of the flashes at all, which makes it even harder to predict. If I do it after the 1st flash, they don’t fall for it… Also, players who can change up their break timing mid-match are my worst nightmare in these scenarios.

Another kind of player I have trouble with are those who manual flawlessly. I’m used to breaking ADs over linkers, so even though I know how to use manuals to better predict the follow-up linker (or is it the other way around? I can never remember), I’m usually locked out 1st, and even when I’m not locked out, I’m usually too flustered to properly read the linker and/or break in time.

I’ll add more in another reply if I think of it as well as when this discussion evolves (ARIA would be so proud!), but that should be good enough for now, I think.

So, have at it, you scoundrels! I’m ready! :smirk:

See, and you got ALL OF THAT…

Just by rewatching yourself, and taking advice and tips.

Keep going. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a quick tip after an initial viewing, I don’t know Eyedol well but dayv0 should capitalize on successful grabs more, almost every time you landed a regular grab on Geek you just backed off instead of pressing your advantage and continuing your pressure.

1 Like

I had all of that during the fight. Dayv0’s my witness. I was calliing a lot of it out. Watching it is just a reminder. I think that’s why the replays work, though. Not just because you’re calm watching it rather than panicking mid-fight, but it’s also because you get that constant repitition and reminder, so it has a tendency to stick more. I keep telling myself about much of these things sans replay, but much of the time I’m reminded of it when I make the mistake again, so it really is kind of self-defeating…

So long as you guys are okay with uploading our fights to help me improve via replay, consider me sold.

1 Like

I actually noticed this too. @Dayv0, were you going easy on me? Be honest!

I would post but I’d get laughed off the forums.

Nah, you won’t. We are all trying to help. :slight_smile:

Even if you button mash, we will help you.

3 Likes

hey…do you guys mind giving me a little help?

With what? Oh wait…

Duh!

Of course. :slight_smile:

the vid is a bit old, but I need, help, I had a FT5 rematch against my Friend NexusWuolf after I bested his Tusk with General RAAM, the rematch was my Maya against his Jago, I went with Maya believing she was perfect to stop him and I literally got destroyed in a 5-0 situation

How can I Improve on how to play as her, she honestly harder to manage since her season 3 re-work, so what should I do?

What’s worse is that if I get caught in his instinct, I cant stop his projectile manuals and his flipout combos