Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

LoL… I literally came here to do what you just did… I gotta work on my Timing.

Anyway… so far, other than Arkham City, The Honest Trailers have been pretty spot on with everything they’ve said about these games.

I’m guessing they’ve avoided any controversy just by presenting the series as Funny rather than Serious… unless if theres some lawsuit I don’t know about.

1 Like

Honestly :smirk: I don’t like honest trailers. In my opinion, every joke they make, especially about games and popular movies, has already been hammered into the ground by the rest of the internet, so even if it is a legitimate critique, i’m Just sick of hearing about it. It just gets annoying after a while.

2 Likes

Fair enough, you don’t have to watch them if you don’t want to.

1 Like

I’m only a member of two FGC so I kind of depend on these trailers to keep up with the latest trends.

Most recently its been Lootboxes… lol I don’t even know this was a thing until I saw it in two Honest Trailers.

I am a huge fan of Monster Hunter and the Honest Trailer for Monster Hunter is the greatest thing ever. I think the jokes can be both true and critical but also really positive. I think the “why isn’t this review a 10?” Culture we have now in gaming is kind of crazy. None of us love the games we love because they are perfect. We should be able to laugh at ourselves, our games and the flaws or peculiarities about them without thinking it’s a dreadful insult that needs to be defended.

6 Likes

This is one of the weirder Phenomenons about Gamers. Its not enough for us to like a game… we want the things we like to be good. So when somebody shows up and says a game sucks because of so and so people behave like you just murdered their Family or something.

But why do gamers care though ? Why is it so important ?

1 Like

And I did laugh. The first 2, maybe 3 times I heard it. The problem comes when you here it over and over and over again. That’s the problem.

Because games take time to play and cost a lot of money. So when someone tells you what you like is bad you almost reflexively defend it in order to prove that you didn’t waste your time and money.

1 Like

It’s just human nature. People often attach their sense of worth to things they enjoy and put time, effort, and money into. When their told it is all a waste or worse, that their choices are negatively affecting those around them, people tend to get defensive. It’s not just games, it applies to any part of a person’s life…job, love interests, parenting techniques, religious and political preferences, whether or not you think pineapple belongs on a pizza (it does, with ham), and so on.

3 Likes

LoL… I think its too exhausting. I’d just agree but say I love it it anyway.

There’s degrees to everything. I have a pet peeve about reality based arguments. If someone says something subjectivethats fine. But if it’s verifiabky false I have to argue.

On the flip side, if they say something that is verifiably true about a game that they don’t like, why argue? Monster Hunter is an insane game that is hard to get into, filled with arcane systems, unclear interactions, pointless fetch quests, and all kinds of wonky grindy stuff. But I love it anyway. And after so many years, I admit I love it a little bit because it’s so awful in some ways. It isn’t a game for everybody and I wouldn’t try to make someone like it.

5 Likes

I know this sounds dumb but… do any characters in SFV have a Rekka Special move ?

I have a Friend who used to play Abel in SFIV and not having that is kind of a Deal Breaker for him.

Oh wait… Karin has one right ?

Is there someone else ?

Karen is the only one… Laura kind of has something close. There may be another but I cant think of one right now.

1 Like

Yeah I find it rather strange that SFV doesn’t have a proper 3 Strike Rekka. It feels like this should have been one of the things that are supposed to be in Season 1 but here we are in Arcade Edition and still no proper Rekka… its unlikely Sagat, or Blanka are going to have one.

Oh well…

My friend’s not going to be happy. I’l try showing him Karin…

So after holding off on this game through the initial launch and assuming Capcom would put out a new version with the stuff I didn’t want to pay for separately, I bought Arcade Edition day one.

Of course, it seems as though about 60% of the roster is locked. From what I’ve read, a lot of the old ways to get fight money, like story mode, for example, no longer work. Is this true? What are the best ways for someone to earn fight money?

I don’t really want to play online if I can avoid it and arcade mode doesn’t seem to give fight money or level up characters, which is apparently supposed to help you gain fight money?

If anyone could steer me in the right direction here, I’d really appreciate it, because on the surface, it seems like there are a bunch of modes that don’t really earn you anything to help buy more of the game with the currency you need. I really hope I’m mistaken.

Pretty sure Ed and kolin has rekka moves.

They do ?

You mean Vanity Step ?

And what about Ed ? I didn’t find anything of his that was similar to Abel or Hisako.

Karin is the only one in SFV who has rekka moves. Fei Long usually has as well.

1 Like

He didn’t like Fei Long’s Rekka because you had to keep Inputting the entire motion for each individual Rekka and neither did I. Pretty annoying when games do that.

But… that’s what a Rekka is…

1 Like