Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Not for my Dead Girl, Hisako… or Orchid.

Its a relic from a bygone era and I hope Capcom doesn’t feel the urge to bring it back like they did with Mashing Special Moves (Ed’s Psycho Flicker)

Well, special moves in KI is rather simplified, but usually that’s how Rekka’s work. Always have been in Street Fighter, at least.

1 Like

True

Also true

I was under the impression that a full price AE purchase would include all the existing roster and then the new “season.” Is that not the case? What platform did you purchase on and how much did it cost?

I don’t have any actual help to offer you. Only a handful of super hardcore players even pretend that the roster in SFV is, in practice, unlockable. They just did this so they could make the claim all the content was unlockable in game but it’s the worst sort of BS I’ve ever seen. If you want he characters you need to pay. Which is fine with me, but I remember all the insanity when the game was announced with people saying nonsense like “see? This is how it should be” and pretending it was a different model than KI’s seasons. Now they’ve been blabbing about how the AE is a “FREE UPDATE” for anyone who owns the game. Well, sure, it’s a free update but you have to pay for the characters. Smh :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

You’d be surprise how many people use this as some sort of Counter Argument. Obviously I’m not counting this instance as one of those situations.

Sometimes I get the impression I need to be half insane to understand FGC Logic and Reasoning, especially when somebody tells me Street Fighter must be difficult because of the Daigo Parry… they don’t even explain it, they literally offer that as if its Axiomatic.

LoL… and the cherry on top of all this hypocrisy is this “update” thing is nothing new… pretty much every game will have updates and DLC as two separate things… we had those last gen and that include single player games too.

Not true, you can earn a ton of Fm from character story modes, story modes, survival, and most importantly MISSIONS. there are usually 6500$ worth of Fm on mission every few weeks.

Complete that 6500 and a few survivals per character or story modes and you will get some FM…but… it will never be enough to uy the entire DLC roster. You just need to bight the bullet and by S3. IF you have Arcade edition you should have S1 and S2 DLC.

Have you updated the game?

1 Like

I absolutely agree, but it’s just like the Dark Souls fanboys… if it’s not hard, then it’s trash. -eyeroll-

Not that I find doing Rekkas hard though.

1 Like

LoL… see you noticed it too !!! I thought it was just me… :rofl:

Sadly yes. SF fanboys are the hipsters of the FGC, because “SF was the first”. They treat other fighting games as lesser for whatever reason they can come up with. Hence why the SFV launch was a tough break for them, as that was a huge step back for the franchise.

Even within the SF community there are hipsters going “SF4 is better than SFV”. And before that it was “SF3 is better than SF4”… I mean, seriously, who cares? Mortal Kombat is better than any SF, after all.

… that was an ironic joke, btw. Though I personally do like MK more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Joke or Joke… I’m right there with ya… I’m all for NRS Games… now if only they could do something about that Command Throw input.:arrow_down: :arrow_lower_left: :arrow_left: :arrow_right:

4 Likes

I absolutely loath that damn input! and the combos that you have to reach your left hand thumb over other right to help mash the buttons fast enough to get the combo to com out or rub your finger across the buttons. Kung loa combo or Super girl combo anyone?

1 Like

I got it on PS4, the AE Standard Edition. Looks like it came with a preorder bonus that I never redeemed, so hopefully that’s the code for season 1 and season 2 characters. The Standard Edition was $40.

Yeah I don’t mean to beat the dead horse of “oh look, Capcom’s doing Capcom things” but some of this stuff is kinda crazy. Assuming the code I have actually unlocks the season 1 and 2 characters, why the hell weren’t they just unlocked in the Arcade Edition to begin with? If the code is really just a preorder bonus skin type of deal, and I still have to buy those characters, that’s really going to ■■■■ me off.

I don’t see how paying $30 for a new season in this game is any different than paying $30 for season’s in KI, except for the fact that KI tended to also include new modes and what not as well and not require you to earn in game currency to unlock what you already paid for (ie the characters).

Ah, this was my problem. I’ve been hanging out in arcade mode, which is apparently one of the few places you don’t get FM or EXP from by playing, which is kinda odd given that this is the big new thing in SFV: AE. Honestly, I haven’t actually clicked on story mode yet. Do you still choose your character before you go in?

Yeah I’m really hoping the code I have from Amazon will be to unlock all of those characters. If I have to buy them individually, that’s… A lot.

Well, the game had me install something like a 12 GB update as soon as I turned the game on, but that’s been it since.

I really want the Peter bonus character.

Now that you mentioned it I hate those motions. Since I play KI2 from time to time doing that HCB/HCF + forward/ back + button motion is annoying. I don’t know why I can’t get it as often in the sanwa as I got it in the old arcades (I don’t remember struggling this much to get a stick motion!, unless it was broken).
Same as KoF which has some QCF, HCB motions + button (at least you can use shorcuts depending on the character special moves and cancel it). And then SF QCF/B x2 motions.

I’m a KI fan since always, the way they work on the inputs is the one I like the most (yeah,it’s not thatt I’m lazy but have anyone played Primal Rage? those inputss are kind of unorthodox lol) .
Some people complained on how easy this KI was compared to the old ones, but still I’ve seen players struggling with some stuff regarding to combo confirms.

Anyway, just saying that I feel very comfortable with KI combos over any other game I’ve tried so far. If they are too hard and the game isn’t fun I won’t bother. If they are way too easy (an auto combo all the way long) it turns me off, KI is in the middle, it just fits my taste.

I’m also spoiled by the time you need to wait for a match, the ammount of matches you can play online, multiplayer alone (though it could use some improvements) and the best netcode I played in a fighting game that I know (Bonus comment)

1 Like

LoL… I completely forgot MK had that… if my pad had a turbo button then I would shamelessly use it… I mean… it seems like thats what they want… right ?

Theres no Hope for King of Fighters… that game is straight up Anti-Accessible right down to its very core… as far as I can tell Kukri’s the only thats got reasonable special moves… but then the whole thing just falls apart again when trying to do his Supers.

Me too… Thank God for Combo Assist.

It wouldn’t bother me… infact Combos no matter how easy or difficult provide me absolutely no satisfaction… after all in many Fighting Games combos are a one way interaction… and if I wanted a single player experience then I would just play DMC4. Luckily Street Fighter combos tend to be some what short… unless you spend both your V & C Meter… and Combos in KI are Still multiplayer thanks to combo breakers.

1 Like

Yes DL the code, thats your season pass for 1 and 2. also arcade mode gives a little bit of FM and XP. But not as much as missons or the character story. I think the cinematic story mode you have to DL as well from the SF store for free. it gives you a big chunk of FM and XP as well.
But as far as the 6500 per month or few weeks you can just keep up with that in the menu of missions and if you cant figure out the big money one each round just google it and the answer of how to get the 5000 FM will be on that FG website or youtube.

1 Like

Wait, what? Do you have very small hands or is the controller too large for you?

1 Like

Meanwhile in other news… I just found out Vega can link 3 Normals together.

Now this isn’t unusual in SFV, several Characters can do that aswel but what makes Vega so cool is that he does it with Slower, Harder Hitting moves while everybody else usually do it using the Light Buttons only… hell… technically those aren’t even real links since light attacks cancel into themselves.

Pretty Cool… unfortunately Vega is also a Vain @ss Hole, so he’s kinda difficult to Sympathise with. I’m sure Tokido would like him.

I think his thumbs are just slow… like mine. The only way to get moves that require mashing to work is to bring in another Finger to share the burden…

Another method is to release your right hand from the controller and grip it nice and tight with your left hand… from there you can you use the fingers on your right Hand to drum the buttons rapidly…

I wonder if The People who make Fighting Games are aware players resort to these techniques to get the moves to work properly ?

I know Namco is aware that Tekken players use the “Claw” Technique when they play on pad.

NO there are a few combos strings that have to be pressed so fast in sequence its hard to do that with just your thumb on your right hand. So i reach over real quick and use 2 thumbs or slide my right thumb across the buttons real fast to get it to work.

I have big hands with really long fingers. Been playing extremely technical guitar for 30 years, last thing i have is small hands lol

1 Like

The :arrow_down::arrow_left::arrow_right: input is atrocious. If a character has that input, I will not use that character. It just feels painful to do.

2 Likes

What’s cool about NRS games is that you can more or less just press in the sequence within a rather wide window, and then the character will perform it. I can’t remember the FGC term for it though…

Yes, they move fast, but unlike Street Fighter games, you don’t have to be frame-precise when it comes to doing combos.

I’m bad at timing, so SF combos I suck at, same with MvC games because they just move too fast for me to keep up. Which is one of the reasons I feel a lot more comfortable with NRS fighters.

And also, you don’t have to slide across the d-pad like in Street Fighter, you can press Down, Back, Forward + Attack instead of doing half-circle and quarter-circle movements. Maybe that will be easier.

True, that specific input is indeed annoying as hell. It takes practice to perform, but it can be done.

Oh, and last thing… Big hands and can play the guitar? Nice. :wink:

2 Likes