Guessing game: The remaining Ultimates

Ok, so we have seen Jago’s ultimate, so Ultimates are coming back. Now, the question is obvious: How are going to be the remaining ultimates?

Let’s recapitulate:
Jago:
Black screen, several hits with the sword into launcher, jumps and punchs his opponent, charges a huge endokuken over his head, white screen for several seconds and returns to the stage(no black screen), his opponent appears burning, Jago lands and performs a unique win pose, 10 seconds duration aprox

Shago:
Black screen, Shago uses his sword to hit several times side to side his opponent, then lauches his opponent to the air, and after a brief pause, jumps for an airborne slash in the air, his opponent falls, and Shago hits him a last time while landing, black screen fades away into normal stage, zoom into his face, 12 seconds duration aprox

If we consider this, we can conclude that Ultimates probably will have:
-Black background while performing the Ultimate
-Normal background while performing the win animation
-10-15 seconds duration aprox
-Not extremelly violent(no gore)

So, let’s speculate about the rest!

On construction

Sabrewulf:
Wulf increases his muscular mass similar to his instinct and jumps against his opponent, and performs several hits with his claws, similar to Wolverine Berserker barrage, finishing it with a eclipse, Wulf howls while a full moon appears in the background, and performs a final jump to hit the opponent while in front of the moon, obscuring them. Wulf lands and he poses in a final howl

Glacius:
Glacius starts to concentrate cold around his hands, similar to his taunt, and several dozens of shatters emerge from the ground, hitting the opponent while the screen starts to fill with ice. After a white screen, we see Glacius’ opponent frozen, while Glacius closes his fist with anger and(offscreen), his opponent breaks in pieces that fall in front of Glacius

Thunder:
Thunder performs a Call of the earth, and while his opponent is grounded, he summons several lighting attacks from the sky, hitting with them several times, and then Thunder jumps into the air, and performs a H. Skyfall while the last lighting falls, hiting both of them at the same time, causing a massive explosion. When the explosion fades away, Thunder drops his tomahawks and sits in the ground, meditating

Sadira:
Sadira throws several kunais which restrain her opponent in the air with their arms open, then Sadira throws two more against his opponent, walks away while she holds them with a web, and propels herself into a powerful kick against her opponent, who is tied with the webs into a cocoon. Sadira then uses a web to the air, and hangs herself out of the web, similar to Spiderman when he descends with a web.

Orchid:
Orchid summons several firecats which hits several time her opponent, and then she transforms into a huge firecat wich jumps against her opponent into a last explosion, after this Orchid emerges victorious and performs a taunt with her weapons

Spinal:
Spinal laughs while several spectral hands hold his opponent, then uses his shield to power devour his opponent soul, after that, the spectral hands grow bigger and smash between them his opponent while Spinal laughs

Fulgore:
Fulgore launches his opponent with his plasma blades, then performs an angled eye laser several times, and while his opponent falls, his reactor overcharges and shoots a huge hype beam. His opponent apears burning, while he camuflates himself

TJ:
TJ begins to punch his opponent with ferocity and speed, ultimately leading to a launcher which throws his opponent really high, while he taunts at the camera and waks away, yet he comes back in the last second and performs an aerial superman punch against his opponent which smash him to the ground.

Maya:
Maya lauchs her opponent to the air, and then unleashes her daggers true potential. She throws them joined like in her intro, and then both daggers get separated and start hitting her opponent several times, until Maya jumps into the air and performs a powerful Mantis attack while her daggers come back to her hands

Kan-Ra:
Kan-Ra uses sand to create two giant hands which holds his opponent, then uses a improved version of his regular grab absorbing a blue energy from his opponent, which crumbles into sand, after what Kan-Ra says he did nothing wrong and smiles XD

Riptor:
Riptor performs some hits on her opponent, then he is stunned and walks away from her, we get first person view from Riptor’s opponent, and we see her jumping against him and obscuring the screen with her bite

Omen:
Omen launches his opponent and summons dozens of orda shields, and he laughs while they start to be shoot against his opponent. After a while, Omen jumps and performs an aerial demonic despair, after which a flash occurs, and only Omen’s opponent appears, but when the camera zooms into his head, Omen’s opponent is wearing a mask similar to Omen’s

Aganos:
Aganos lauches his opponent, throws a giant rock to the sky, and summons an absurd amount of walls(10 or so), performing a ruin that makes his opponent go through all the walls. When the opponent is in the ground, defeated, the rock falls just in that place, smashing him

Hisako:
Hisako uses her possesion attack and hurts her opponent, throwing him out. Once they are recovered, we take the point of view of Hisako, who starts to crawl towards her opponent, who scared tries to scape, but Hisako ultimately manages to get him. The final screen(where the Ultimate letters appear) is the scared face of the opponent from up close, just when Hisako is reaching him

Cinder:
Cinder unleashes his max power(instinct fired up effect) and begings to throw infernos everywhere, burning his opponent and the screen. After some seconds with everything burning, Cinder emerges and says something like: Ahh, I love the smell of naphalm in the victory, fels supreme!

Aria:
Aria’s three drones surround her opponent, all of them construct their correspondient Aria body, and they start hitting her opponent between them, finishing toghether with a DP(blade body), a charge(booster) and a projectile(bass), finally merging all of them in one(instinct) wich puts her feet in her opponent in a triumphal pose

Kim-Wu:
Kim performs several hits before launching her opponent, she concentrates and jumps for an aerial dragon kick with the dragon spirit surronding her, dealing another kick in the air which throws her opponent to the ground. When she lands, she spins her nunchuck, stopping to watch Yao and smile

Tusk:
Tusk begins to slice several times with his sword, which gets hotter each hit, until he puts his sword to the sky(similar to his instinct animation), charges it, and lands a last hit which creates a huge shockwave. After the shockwave, Tusk puts the sword over his slouders(similar to his select screen stance)

Rash:
Rash performs a wrecking ball attack that launches his opponent very far away. Then, he summons his bike, and starts riding against his opponent, with several camera changes showing up Rash and his opponent faces while he speeds up, crashing with violence. After some seconds, Rash reapears while his body blinks, similar to 2D sprite games when you reapear, smiling while looking at the camera

Arbiter:
Arbiter stabs his opponent several times, then he grabs you and performs a last backstab, similar to when he killed Thruth on Halo 3

Mira:
Mira uses her blood to strike several times to his opponent, which ends on his knees, then Mira slowly walks in, and after some seconds taunting, she bites her opponent neck, sucking their blood. This could be problematic with characters like Aganos or the cyborgs XD

Gargos:
Gargos creates a portal under his opponent, which falls in a black stage full of Dretchs and Izziks, and Gargos laughs while his minions starts to hit his opponent endessly

Raam:
Raam hits you with his HK, and while stunned, he begins to walk towards you, and while scared, he grabs you and performs a slow but powerfull domination stab, similar to the one who killed Kim in Gears of war. He then throws you away while screaming to the camera

Eyedol:
Both heads awake, and Eyedol performs several hits with his mace that also shoot lighting strikes, he then launchs you to the air, summons a giant meteor that smash you, and after the hit, he does a taunt similar to his KI1 stomp

Kilgore:
Kilgore locks his opponent with his missile launch, and his chainguns start to roll, but when he is going to start firing, he malfuctions, and after comically saying “Bip-Bup?”, explodes with a huge explosion. The camera shows him in the ground, where he barely wakes up while buzzing.

Eagle: kappa

10 Likes

Easy copy paste for everyone to easily post your ideas

Sabrewulf:
Glacius:
Thunder:
Sadira:
Orchid:
Spinal:
Fulgore:
TJ:
Maya:
Kan-Ra:
Riptor:
Omen:
Aganos:
Hisako:
Cinder:
Aria:
Kim-Wu:
Tusk:
Rash:
Arbiter:
Mira:
Gargos:
Raam:
Eyedol:
Kilgore:

I’m gonna be lazy and paste this idea I put in her character sub section:-

This, but altered somewhat.

4 Likes

I like these ideas, but here’s my Aria one:

She bashes the opponent with a sucession of blows, and finishes with a crescendo that pushes him/her into a coffin-shaped UT crate. The crate closes revealing the words UT Research Dept on the front.

Idea being that whoever was Ultimate’d by ARIA gets sent to UT labs for research and experimentation.

This doesn’t really fit with the lore, though. I’d be happy with a gigantic Demonic Despair pillar of energy that consumes the opponent.

Well, Omen wants to posses Jago again, so he can feel all the emotions he had as Shago again.

So, in his ultimate, he could achieve this goal

For Arbiter, it could be akin to how he killed (Halo 3 spoilers) the Prophet of Truth in H3 (skip to 4:20).

For RAAM, it could reflect how he killed Kim in GoW1 (skip to 1:45).

1 Like

Makes sense, but I don’t think the mask transfer is the best way to show this. Perhaps Omen disappears and the opponent turns to face camera and does the Omen cackle with a shadow glint in his eye.

Maybe, who knows. But I liked the idea of having each character with Omen’s mask XD

Actually, I was writing something similar before you posted it, so we think alike in that XD

1 Like

Yikes!! That’s certainly well thought out. I don’t think either the suggestion of unbuttoning or the whole “grenade in the mouth” thing will get past MS’s review, but kudos for thinking about it.

EDIT: @Dayv0 just seeing all these listed out makes it clear what a HUGE job it is to go back and program all these into the game.

2 Likes

Say it all: programing them for all the characters, against all possible opponents(specially hard for characters like Aganos or Riptor, who has inhuman bodies), with the ending pose for each stage and ilumination

A TON of work

1 Like

I’m too lazy to even think of the ideas, lol

How dare you!

I challenge you to post at least Glacius and Tusk!

I double challenge you!

Plot twist: Only Jago gets an ultimate

Imagine how annoyed everyone will be :joy::joy:

5 Likes

LOL. Okay, fair enough.

Glacius: Glacius had several “no mercy” and “ultimate” moves from the first two games, but only one was interesting or inspiring and that was his “T2” style absorb, where he turns into a blob of metal and envelopes the opponent, basically dissolving them and then reforming. I think this could be combined with his “puddle” no mercy so that for his KI S3 ultimate he puddles, moves under the opponent, “blobs” upward enveloping them (this is going to be a bit of a challenge for the huge characters), then re-puddles and reforms with the opponent having vanished. There is a suggestion of violence and death here but it’s not gory per se so I think it has a chance of making it past the review board.

Tusk: Tusk is harder. His Ultimate/No Mercy moves from KI2 are a meteor strike (which was very cool in KI2) and a dinosaur coming from off screen to eat the character (which could have been cool but was actually pretty lame). The dinosaur is off the table. The meteor strike doesn’t make much sense outside the context of his Stonehenge stage (where meteors were flying by in the background), but it is highly doable and not dissimilar to Jago’s ultimate that was shown. I don’t think they will go this route though. The trouble with tusk is that it’s going to be tough to just show him cutting someone to ribbons with his sword. What’s cool and unique (ish) about him is the sword heating up, so I agree that we might see something using that visual. Something that was in his original ultra that is a little bit missing from his current ultra is the super fast and repeated skull-splitter. So I would like to see an Ultimate where we get a close up of skullsplitter linker, over and over, speeding up to ridiculously fast then some kind of either explosion or ground wave (i.e. skullsplitter in neutral) that sends the opponent flying.

1 Like

From the ultimates are here thread^

New ultimates

Sabrewulf offscreen rip and shred ( like riptor but more visceral)
Glacius ice star ball burst
Thunder spirit prayer like forge from xmen next dimension
Sadira huge crazy spiderweb encasement
Orchid if one, helicopter kick into space
Spinal multiple skull drop ( at end looks like Sadira skull piles)
Fulgore machine annihilation
Combo spin punch into space
Maya carnival style knife throw (both knives are thrown very near to each side of face as they are on ground)
Kan Ra mummify process gauze bandage process
Hisako sindel scream telepathic blast away
Aria digitize loser into pixels
Kim Wu the ultimate dragon cannon swirl envelope
Tusk auroral sword drop
Mira bat frenzy/ blood drain
Gargos soul drain ( extensive version of his ‘salty’ grab)
Eyedol head split (off camera like riptor/ Sabrewulf you hear him pulling the head apart but off screen Hisako vegetable crunch) / alternate super multiple club bash

Just for kicks. Make ARIA do the kaioken from DBZ but in her style.

■■■■■■■ GEEEENIIIOOOOOUSSS!

I’ll take a shot:

Cinder: Full on fired-up he goes into a fire-flash kick sending them into the air, throws a big plasma bomb on them and then snaps his fingers and creates fireworks. The best part; the color matches the character’s colors.

CINDER ULTIMATES=COLLECT EM’ ALL!

Fulgore: Now this is a simple, yet awesome one: Fulgore charges a giant devatation beam and blasts the opponent away with it, the opponent disentigrates into a blue or red ash depending on how the beam itself would be colored. And in honor of the Devatation Beam’s nickname, we shall call it “The Hype Beam” shoirtly after this, Fulgore shuts down and reboots in the snap of a finger.

Riptor: Aside from calling on members of her pack to attack, only other thing I can imagine is something involving the use of her tail or they can call back to one of her old-school finishers in KI. For hilarious effect.

TJ-Combo: return of the foe-meets screen finisher.

Glacius: he uses a shatter effect to trap the opponent and uses a special type of hail which ecplodes and freezes the opponent in places.

Hisako: Possession turned up to level 11. Opponent is left with twisted limbs and stuff. Hilarious, yet pain-ful.

they just have find a generic animation that works for everyone. Similar to how Riptor and aganost are thrown the same way by Jago. Etc.

Sadira: a big NOPE factor for everyone: she summons hundreds of spiders (they can taken from her stage) and drags them away off screen or something. But IDK maybe the big web thing can work, so long as it invovles spiders.

Mira: she can have Sabrewulf’s finisher from KI2. It makes sense now that she has the bats.

It’s not a matter of animation only, it’s a matter of perspective: since characters have different sizes, you have to use either an universal camera angle(which takes effort to find with some characters), or use diferent camera angles depending of the character(which means more work)

Well I’m sure they can do that. Perspective wise it’s a matter of fidning the right angle, especially since the black background doesn’t get things in the way.