Ultimates are here!

Just gonna put these right here.

4 Likes

Maya’s is not that. It is however one of my favorites.

22 Likes

You know what it is.

2 Likes

We’ve already got a thread for it, so yours will likely be locked but yes ULTIMATE! :heart:

2 Likes

As excited as I am about it this needs to be merged into other Ultimate threads.

Please let Orchid ultimate have something to do with the firecat even have her all yellow and Phoenix- like on fire herself and just totally own all ultimates of ultimates. Omg does anyone have a mop

I like when you guys sneak such surprises on us past Reddit people.

Mira / shadow lords was spoiled for us, Kilgore was spoiled
But you guys really kept this under wraps and my hat goes out to you!!!

Now we all will be guessing ultimate for each character!!!

I’d love Kim Wu ultimate to be a dragon spirit based ultimate nothing nunchuck unless the spirit is formed from the nunchuck. I’d love to see the multiple dragons swirl around faster and faster to form in to one huge f in dragon and consume the loser.

Very Blazeblue/ Persona 4/ Guilty Gear like amazing spectacle please

I love you all @developers

Wait…are you implying that the ultimates are already done or very close to be done? Hmmmmmm in that case…care to spare any hints on ARAI’s? :slight_smile: Please…? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

SAY WHAA O3O You guys must be WAY further along than I thought. Can you at least tell us when they may drop or give us more details on the next news drop? pretty pleeeaaaaseee!!

3 Likes

Stay tuned™

1 Like

Odds are they’ll all have something to do with the character’s main themes.

Jago: Fireballs
Orchid: Firecats
Maya: Daggers
Kan-Ra: Sand
Aganos: Rocks
Glacius: Ice
Cinder: Fire
Fulgore: Beams
Kilgore: Guns
Gargos: Minions & Portals

You get the idea.

1 Like

The spirit bomb endokuken…I just…sigh…

Just be patient for Aria’s. That one I know will be cool.

1 Like

I am very impressed with this ultimate, I wonder whether it is a final version, or needs some improvements, such as on the black background. I noticed that the first part of the Ultimate takes place on the ground, here you could still see the current stage. Then we change the scene and we are at the top, here you could use this stage sky…
you could use some little trick to avoid this black background.

here is a small example rushed. (Jago, Riptor stage)

Each stage has a different sky, so you might have a different visual effect based on where we are.

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15871498_1005664516206497_5120109546662753596_n.jpg?oh=84a8290d03bd3e33ee8989a5e3b3da0f&oe=591C3F7C

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15871442_1005666766206272_5104237055376313871_n.jpg?oh=89644d48ade35cc8da891ae110292c94&oe=58DFBF8F

$10 says it’s either a transformation or something to do with her drones. Maybe she’ll probe them. Or a 3 hit combo, each hit per body.

I think the black background is fine and here’s why:

1-The darkness indicates a special moment, it’s not about the background which can distract. It’s just you, your opponent and the mega death fireball whatever that’s gonna end them.

2-The darkening and blackening effect, in my opinion, is remenescent of the dakrneing background of the old-school KI.

It calls back and enhances the moment. Which just enhances it. I’d not worry about distractions like the black background. Besides because of the way the stages are made the black-background can allow for more cinematic and new and extreme angles without limitation. Especially if you risk showing parts of the stage you didn’t want the audience to see.

It’s about the moment, not what happens around the moment.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the black background too much. In MK9 the background goes black and only the floor remains visible. Darkened but visible. They might find a work around but it’s complicated, especially because of stages like fulgores where a ceiling exists.

1 Like

yep. Personally I think the black-background just enhances the moment. Because of what I stated earlier.

1 Like

the background is never turned black in the old games. Rather it darkened, but it was still possible to see the stage. What we have in this KI, is not a choice of style, but a forced choice. So do not come and say such absurd things. It seems that all you have forgotten how it was the ultimate of Shago before, nobody asked a black background.

in this video, everything happens exactly as I said, internship is replaced by air, you can explain how you can see defects of the stage, if you only see the sky?

I have not forgotten but all thigns consider, I see why they went with what they did and personally I don’t have any issues with the choice if it means we can ge tthem all on every stage. May not of been possible before hand since devs would have to go back and add stuff to the stages and modify them to make that work. Which would/could taken a good while to do rather than just animating the untimate with a black background effect
Besides I still consider it that it’s almost a call back, but it darkens the moment more or less. I get what you’re saying but at the end of the day; if the black background helps the devs pull off these amazing Ultimates without risk of exposing spots on the stage you’re not ment to see, I’m fine with it.

I will still say that with the black background it enhances the very moment and background isn’t distracting.

2 Likes

BTW Rukari did tease that we are getting something on the 10th. May not be this but who knows.