Guessing game: The remaining Ultimates

Yeah, no doubt they already found it: They wouldn’t go into making ultimates without a good way to do all.

Like they said, Aria’s Instinct gave them the way to implement Shago’s ultimate in every stage(and now all). They figured out a way for sure. But surely that way demands tons of work, and that’s what I was highliting

Spinal -

Screen blackens

taunt/laugh

Spinal fires off a shadow skull which hits the opponent

while the skull is chomping into them Spinal teleport hits over and over (Think level 4 damage ender) the last hit launches them into the air

then while they are in the air, to finish it Spinal summons a giant spectral hand which grabs them,gives them a nice squeeze/crunch, then violently throws/slams them back into the ground

taunt/laugh lol

1 Like

Fact: IG COMPLETELY ripped of Goku’s Spirit bomb.

Seeing as how KI has always been an amalgam of various tropes, I think it is a valid observation to “guess” what tropes they will bring into the game.

Hmm…

Orchid - Naruto Kyuubi cloak:

…some sort of Naruto attack out of this transformation.

Sadira - Some sort of Spiderman web swing reference
Fulgore - Terminator “whatever”.
Kilgore - Robocop…I’m thinking more the enforcement droid from RC2 (I forget his name):

2 Likes

I can se ethat working out. Though who knows what the devs have in mind : D

I can see Aganos’ ultimate simply ending with him crushing his opponent under his massive foot, much like he did with Orchid in his reveal trailer.

Riptor would undoubtedly call upon her pack, much like how the velociraptors did in the Jurrassic Park kitchen scene prior to a coordinated and vicious attack from all sides.

I like ARIA’s multiple bodies all at once idea.

Maya’s ultimate will likely bring back a variation of her old dagger ender.

I don’t even want to think about what Hisako would do.

I wouldnt be surprised if shago gets another finisher and end up as the only fighter with a no mercy. People would complain again but i dont mind if it happens.

Cinder - thow a big pyrobomb under the feet of his victim which he detonate forming an intense column of fire toasting his victim into ashes.

Please tell me you’re joking lol

I can see Cinder doing a bomb juggle but I’m more expecting him to explode or something like that.

I’m on my way to work. Later ok definitely come back and join the fun. This is my favorite part of being on the forums thinking of different kinds of cool concepts that everyone can see and discuss

1 Like

Fulgores no mercy/ultimates involving machine guns were super iconic in the two arcade games. It’s highly unlikely but I would love to see this recreated. It might even be kind of neat if they had his hands morph into Kilgore’s Vulcan cannons for this. They may be saving it for Kilgore though.

Regardless, the sound effects associated particularly with the KI 1 arcade game had a really distinct quality in the arcade which was ear piercing with lots of high and low tones. It’s right up there with the PAC Man death theme for iconic arcade sounds in my mind. I’m certain the devestation beam sound was made either by sampling this original or as an homage to it. This should definitely be part of his Ultimate.

Well if we are going to get into super specifics Jago’s is more akin to Frieza’s Supernova than Goku’s spirit bomb since a genki dama takes quite a bit of time to gather the genki needed from living things, while Frieza can generate his supernova instantly like Jago did :wink:

It was just theory crafting how to get around the issue of Orchid’s original finisher, which is arguably the most memorable (for controversial reasons) and certainly the most notorious of the original No Mercy/Ultimate moves, lots of people in that thread calling for boobies, I was thinking of a way around it.

Ok I got one:-

Glacius, space cop - Glacius liquidizes under his opponents feet, freezing their feet to the floor, then reforms next to them, next he makes several ice poles surrounding the opponent until they can’t escape and forms and pops a giant ice ball on the top of the poles, quite literally jailing his opponent, while in the cage his opponent starts shivering and their teeth start chattering. Cut to Glacius doing a cool pose.

If ya ask me as iconic as it is, I think Kilgore should get the machine gun attack because it just makes so much more sense now.

Fulgore’s new finisher has to invovle a laser of some sort. That much I know.

All I know is, Id love to see Fulgore an Ultimate similar to this, but with bigger lasers:

You could say, jago is now jagoku (jagohan?) lol.

Glacius: Freezes and shatters opponent.

but he has that move all rdy

yea in fullgore should be like i am firing my boom

I’ll just start with the screen going dark, since I’m assuming there might be a hit or two first, but we’re talking about the cool part, right? Right. :slight_smile:

Sabrewulf: A medical table like the one in his stage appears in the darkness. Sabrewulf smacks them against the table and the clamps shut on their wrists and legs. Cut to Sabrewulf flipping a switch, which generates electricity sounds and screams. A few moments later, the camera shifts and Wulf does a pose next to a smoldering, crispy corpse.

Glacius: Phases through the opponent and expands around them. Several hails appear one by one inside of him as blood spews. Once he phases through the opponent, they’re nothing more than a pile of ice and blood.

Thunder: Raises his tomahawks up to the air, where they’re struck by lightning. He aims the tomahawks at the opponent and the lighting fires at them, lifting them up in to the air. He then spins around and throws both tomahawks at the opponent. The camera stays on an over the shoulder view of him, as you see the opponent flip backward from being struck. The camera pans to the side as they fall to the ground.

Sadira: Camera zooms in on her, and several large eyes light up behind her as the massive spider comes in to view. She kicks the opponent up in to the air and the spider lunges at them, devouring them whole.

Orchid: Busters the opponent up in to the air. She lands on the ground and talks in to her wrist com or whatever it is from her intro and says “target spotted” or if they can use the voice actor again, “backup required.” A voice says “roger that.” And you see the opponent land on the ground, but Orchid is nowhere to be found. They get up, only to be barraged with machine gun fire and missiles that explode, disintegrating them.

Spinal: Slices the opponent up in to the air, and starts doing his power devour. The eyes on his shield start glowing read and a large, glowing red mouth opens on the shield, which pulls the opponent down, out of the air, and in to the shield. Spinal laughs, and holds the shield up, spraying blood straight up in to the air.

Fulgore: Gotta be machine gun head, right? Perhaps maybe some cooler variation on it?

Alrighty, gonna stop with season one. Man, it’s hard to think of something that would look cool AND still have a T rating. Since the game has blood, I’m assuming that’s an option, but who knows.

1 Like

Personaly I hope fulger gets a super power version of the hype beam! Others sound pretty cool to though.

1 Like

As a Spinal main since the original KI1 I would be hyped if his ultimate in this game was similar to the idea @Dayv0 had with the Spectral Hands holding them in place (or even Spectral Skeletons as a call back to his best original arcade no mercy) while he uses Power Devour to steal their soul and he just cackles manically the entire 10 to 15 seconds, lol. Whatever his ultimate is it definitely NEEDS to have him cackling the entire way through. Spinal needs his insanity vibe kicked up to 11. Please @developers make it crazy, lol.

As for my second fav, Cinder, I liked @JEFFRON27 idea with the fireworks, lol. Can’t wait to see what flashy crazyness the devs came up with for him.

Orchid… aw man the classic KI fan/old perv in me wants an homage to her “flash” but either @NitricZenith parody idea or seeing her go Phoenix with Firecats on her opponent as @BblackorchidD sugggested would also be sweet.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, that thought crossed my mind, like have some sort of “ramping up” sound on while he’s doing his normal hype beam, maybe a few of those robot noises he makes, maybe it stops, he presses a few buttons like how he does when you pop instinct, then this gigantic, screen sized, top to bottom laser gushes out of his chest with maybe a lower sound than his normal hype beam, and you can see the opponent’s bod actually get vaporized from the bones before the bones vaporize as well.

I thought that’d be cool, but then I thought about people wanting some form of the head gun and figured that seemed as likely as anything else, if not moreso. Still, I’d be more than happy with a mega hype beam! :slight_smile: