What could Orchid's Ultimate be

aint 32 years old too old to flash? In original KI she was 22.

I’d much rather orchid show her power more than her Breasts- can’t make any sense ever in this game. If it were rash I’d get it

2 Likes

I actually thought the reason behind not putting in the flash was because she grew more mature, as she is 32 now as in the original she was 22. lol.

Iron Galaxy devs have stated they have no plans to give any other characters Ultimate Combos in the future.

Makes me wonder if it’s worth buying this game since it won’t include my favorite feature in killer instinct,

well that blows

No plans doesn’t mean never. Just that it’s definitely not coming any time soon. The work needed to create ultimates are…ultimately…hehehe, to much of a resource sink to do it now good and properly while also completing all the stuff they planned to complete this cycle

In other words, no plans to have ultimate combos.

Should have seen it a long time ago.

I think instead of skirting around the issue they should actually take it straight on the nose and outright parody the whole boob flash thing.

For her ultimate have Orchid turn her back to the camera and appear to be unbuckling her combat bustier, with the other character in a semi-stunned animation look at her as if to say “really now?” Then, as she’s fumbling just before she turns, her opposition looks really shocked as Orchid suddenly whips around to face the camera revealing 2 sizeable hand grenades, (or whatever grenade type it is she uses) casually tossing one at her enemy’s feet, then flik flaks toward her opponent, punches them in the face and wedges the second grenade into their mouth, she back flips to a safe distance while the opposition explodes into light particles, leaving a character-centric item to drop to the floor where they once were.

For her win pose, she turns to the camera, shrugs and says “Told you so.” (Touch me and I’ll break your face) :grin:

3 Likes

Now that is a good one, nice thinking

I was just trying to call back to the classic No Mercy with a good portion of the modern Orchid attitude, straight on the nose. :wink:

People want the boob flash back? I mean sure, but…I think it would be more hated then anything. Wasn’t it rated “one of the worst finishers ever?”

What? Her fire cat thing is really just psycho hose beast magic? I thought they would eventually explain it with some kind of tech she had developed that made people hallucinate or something.

“I swear to GOD, man, she just turned into this, this, this, like FIRECAT or somethin’, man!”

When she goes instinct, it doesn’t even do much damage. The explanation could be that the opponent believes a fiery cat is running at them, and they wig out and leave their self open. Psychological warfare.

She weidls magic.

I’m not sure if the flashing thing really fits the new direction they’re taking her character? She’s the most military fighter in the game right now, not counting guests like Arganos, so I feel like something with a special weapons bent would make more sense. Air strikes, explosives, something like that.

You haven’t read her bio?

Normally I would agree but lately I have been thinking that ultimates should take what is special about a charecter and dial it to infinity (figuratively speaking) for example in orchids case she is a military girl right? What makes her different from other military girls like Sonya from MK is her fire cat. Therefore her ultimate should be like an ultra fire cat combo. Like… She summons a large group of fire cat(4-5). To maul and explode on the target with the last explosion coming from a much larger (glacius or tusk sized) firecat that orchid turned into.

Another example of this logic would be spinal. What makes spinal the most unique skeleton dude? I think it’s the skeleton arms he summons from his portal. So his ultimate should be summoning a gigantic skeleton giant from a large portal with a large sword. A few stabs later the skeleton sinks back into the portal with the still body of the victim in hand.

Omg lol

It’s turned into a beatnik what if contest

I’d rather have no ultimate if it has some of these suggestions

I think that would be more acceptable for the devs to implement, that is actually a really good idea man. Good job.

Not only does it have an essence of the classic KI finisher but it ends it with something more modern and acceptable for today’s players. I grew up in the 90s playing the original so I got no problem with that boob flash at all, but I guess the new generation people born after 2000 find it offensive. Anyways, your idea is great, because I think it will be acceptable, since it parody’s the original finisher (In the beginning) but ends it with a modern one. Original KI fans will be happy.

1 Like

Yeah I think with all of them it’s a case of keeping the 90’s cheese that we all loved, but knowing when it crosses the line into poor taste, Orchid has more personality nowadays than the fighting sex doll she once was, if Ultimates/No Mercys come to pass, they need to be reflective of what has gone before, but executed in a way that is clever and fun and appropriate to the new tone of the game.

More than anything (and I’m pretty sure I’m alone in my thinking) I’d like to see Humiliations make a return to balance the more serious tone in the new game, a lot of 90’s games had a serious tone to them, but had subtle silly undertones like the clown car background fatality in Eternal Champions and Humiliations from KI and also Babalities and Friendships from MK, where the humour catches you off guard and makes you see the game in a different, less super serious light.

2 Likes

I’ll take friendship type finisher.