What do we want MOST

Hate to break it to you but Ultimates were there first. I couldn’t tell you why ANnilation moves were a thing, I guess it was something they decided to do.

You are reaching a little for sure, but just because Ultimates may be a thing in the game, doesn’t mean everyone is getting an annilation. That is a possibility you may want to look at.

In season 1 Shago as a final boss did not have an annihilation but he did have an Ultimate. The characters with an Ultimate will be able to do so without the need for an annihilation it isn’t going to be that black and white. I will agree that anyone else wanting an 'annihilation, something to do mid-match and get a relatively free 48 percent damage right off the bat to be questionable.

The way I see it Ultimates=/= Annihilation.

@oTigerSpirit

I think Ultimates should be a thing in season3 and come along with the game for the time being. If not then a fund for a season 4 where it’s the focus of features with Ultimates included now that I think would be pretty reasonable. Though I can certainly understand where you might be coming from.

1 Like

I don’t mind them coming as DLC. I just mind them being extra. Funding for Ultimates or other things would be alright and if they came alongside with the Ultra pack with Season 3 thats fine too. Just not more charges on top of charges.

So hoollldd up just because people find it expensive means i should be able to pay for more? Lol

Thats rediculous we might as well all be Mormons lol

The point is that some of this stuff has no chance of getting put into season 3. DLC thats paid will see more content come.

I WANT to pay for it so let me have it? How is that unfair? Everyone can afford these DLCs but if you dont VALE its worth you wont buy it… thats your choice.

And no micro transactions havent pissed me.off at all! I dont buy any DLC in evolve, i didnt buy any car packs in forza 5 but i DID buy sunset over drive DLC, shadow jago And the witcher DLC.

I dont get the point of expecting everything to come in the game it wont and it cant but there should be choice!

Just because people value the content less than me and would rather spend their money on other things isnt my problem. I want ki to keep going and i want my game to be as full as i can even after season 3.

Thats not a liberty of the games devs thats my choice like eveyone else’s

1 Like

So, @oTigerSpirit I can certainly see your point and in general I agree with you. I don’t think it’s a good idea to do Ultimates as micro transactions or things you can buy one at a time. But it’s worth remembering a couple of things.

1. We actually have no idea what the S3 pricing or packages will be. They haven’t announced it yet. So who knows what we will get?

2. Micro transactions are universally reviled on video game forums. But developers and publishers are using them more and more not less and less. That means they are generating revenue. So either people hate them but buy them anyway, or else the actual market just isn’t represented by the people who post on forums. Companies wouldn’t be adding microtransactions to everything if they weren’t profitable. So the jury is still out on whether these really piss off consumers or if its just that a vocal minority complains about them on the Internet.

2 Likes

Never said that. Read it back, I said myself and Dragon but I can speak for others that the extensive amount of paid DLC can become tedious. Look at Killer Instincts ratings and what people say about the model used. It certainly hurt. There is no denying it. Pay for it all you want, I just find it ridiculous that someone has to pay for even more DLC on top of the Ultra bundle. Sorry I don’t find it reasonable to spend $120 for the ultra version of all seasons and not get everything there is to the game.

1 Like

I get this. But without this model tiger we wouldnt have KI would we? Did it really hurt KI that bad? Or did it make the games release possible?

Ki isnt like other games. We the community have built this game with no reviews or outward advertising. Weve pushed a game that was gone for 18 years and thats on a hardcore shooter console exclusively still and guess what its working?

We cant compare KI to anything else. For one KI is a better game and secondly its grown under certian circamstances.

If we have put all this into one game KI3 and launched it in march this year one month after SF5 do you think it would have faired better or worse?

I think the seasons have grown the game personally but i do agree its very expensive if we add more… but then so is DOA5 if i buy every costume. Or so is SF4 if i brought 4, SUPER, ARCADE, ULTRA?

#For me this post is about Killer Insticnts future

DLC packs after season 3 is that. @BigBadAndy is right. We still dont know how much it will cost maybe the ultimate version will come with acsess to the 1st 3 DLCs? Who knows.

#One thing is clear DLC is optional but no DLC is not optional

Id like to give the community the option. If we can afford it and want it that bad we will buy it.

Ultimates and retro stages aren’t coming in season 3 and rightly so. Season 3 is going to be as diverse and well balanced as season 1 an 2. The characters and game play matter more than anything else.

Just because these things arnt coming doesnt mean i dont want them. I want access to as much as possible.

1 Like

About that, I now u can end an ultra with instinct. But sometimes ppl seem to end their ultra after one hit in a different way (they have no instinct meter)…how do u do that?

Oress Mk+Mp to do an Ultra ender once you are doing the ultra.

1 Like

Thanks, that had been bugging me for a while now :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

lol I don’t know why you’re saying am reaching when their is visual evidence that the two moves are linked in visual appearance. Like you said, we don’t know why IG decided to make annihilation look exactly like his Ultimate but the fact is they were paid with out funding to make a unique character with his own moveset yet opted to give him his Ultimate as another move. Like you said, the original Shago did not have an annihilation yet how they made Anhilation is straight up his old Ultimate and his new one a longer version. If that doesn’t hint that future Ultimate will come in pairs of a shorter one and then longer True Ultimate I don’t know what will. Although Ultimates are not set in for every character, I have been warning since the beginning that an annihilation type move as demonstrated with Shago could come to every character since we have actual evidence with the character himself which didn’t have that move before. That is a possibility you may want to look into instead of ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug.

YES!! This guy! I’ve been advocating for that since season one. KI could really use an older, sage-like / guiding force type of character and this guy would be perfect for it. He’s honestly one of the characters I want to see most in the third season, even if he probably has the small chance given how obscure he is. Either way though, great call here, man!

1 Like

I say your reaching because that was ONE character who did it. Just because Shago has an annihlation doesn’t mean the others will.

The point of the matter is simple: The annihlation move is something Shago got as a part of his gameplay, the Ultimate is a finisher. Yes there just so happens to be a similarity between the Ultimate and the Annihlation because they are altered.

HOWEVER how do YOU know that someone like say: Fulgore will have an annihlation attack if he manages to have an Ultimate? how can you suddenly assume that will happen with the rest of the cast? because only ONE character had it?

To be clear I am not ignoring it, I am simply looking at the bigger picture and there is much more of a variable then just the black and white Ultimates means everyone gets Annihilation moves.

That’s like saying a fruit basket should not have apples because one just so happen to taste terrible to you. while for me apples would make the fruit basket that much more varietive and more fun to eat.

Long story short, your made your assumption just based soley on that without looking at the whole possibility that the rest of the cast may not even have Annihilation moves

Simply put: You shouldn’t make that possible conclusion based off ONE character. Because it’s just ONE character and not really a focus on patterns of the entire cast.

1 Like

WHAT DO I WANT THE MOST?

Season 3.

#1 FREE for Season One & Two Owners:sunglasses:
#2 ULTIMATES for everybody (MKX has on average at least 12 ways to finish a fight per character)
#3 SEASON 3 Endings for everybody!

id love classic stages, a proper rooftop stage (the pinnacle is cool and all…but i really wanna fight on TOP of a building not in a penthouse)

1 Like

It is one character but you also forget he is the only character who does Ultimate’s. You’re completely dismissing the argument because the rest of the cast doesn’t have ultimates which is insane because how would any of them have an annihilation type move if they themselves don’t have the ultimate like Shago. I never said I knew, read every comment I made, it’s all a possibility but a high one at that. All of my arguments are preemptive attacks because I don’t want that to happen.

I never said it is 100% confirmed they will get an annihilation but when the only character who has an Ultimate gets a move that is literally the same move with same animation along with his Ultimate it’s a pretty big nod that this might happen. READ MY LAST COMMENT, they built Shago from the ground up! Why would they give the only character with an Ultimate, that was funded SPECIFICALLY to have a new move set, to have a move that is nearly the same as his Ultimate as well as his ultimate. That in itself is the basis around my argument, they could have just given him his Ultimate and then if they truly wanted a unique move like everyones from the cast like Omen or Fullgore’s they would have done just that and not made it look like an Ultimate. I mean everyone on here knows Omen was a rushed bonus character so the rest of the cast could have extra time for production and they gave him his Despair move in that short time frame. Why couldn’t they have done the same for Shago?

Your assumptions are based on solely thinking that one character doesn’t matter. He isn’t just one character. He is De character. He is the only example that we have on our hands. He is a preview of the next season himself. Just like TJ having a recapture along with the cast having one, Shago has a stagger mechanic that the rest of the Season 3 and maybe even season 2 and 1 cast will get. Yet you wan to ignore this one character that is already showing a huge influence on how the game will change.

Yes I am assuming it comes with an Ultimate but as history has shown, IG tends to preview mechanics and then add them to the rest of the cast. You say “how can you suddenly assume that will happen with the rest of the cast? because only ONE character had it?” Well TJ was the only one to have a recapture and then Season 2 had it and so did characters like Sabrewulf and others. One character had it but it spread to the rest.

I am only trying to show disinterest in the annihilation move so it doesn’t happen. But ignoring the past and hoping it won’t happen is not something I can do. Am basing it on one character but he is the most important character. I don’t know why you are saying that basing it one character is wrong when there is no way to look at any other when none of them have received an Ultimate yet. There is nothing to gain by looking at other characters. Shago is the only one important in the matter.

Maybe they gave Shago’s annihilation a similar animation because they wanted to add an instinct super because they felt his instinct was too weak and they just happened to use the animation of the ultimate but shorter because it fits and works. Shago is already previewing a new mechanic. It is called stagger. His annihilation is no way associated with other characters getting an instinct super.

Fair enough. I can see why you passionately argue your side. You just want KI to stay alive. I suppose I can’t fight that since I want it to be around as long as possible. We will see then what is to come.

1 Like

Most don’t see that for us to even be here and spend energy requesting and suggesting, we CARE about KI, there’s no other agenda but wanting the BEST for this franchise.

I hope this season 3 mirrors the passion, and I finally realized that KI may be saved by Maximilian and his presence. I’m excited to see what his input will bring us for season 3. Modes, supers, stages, costumes etc

1 Like

I will pay for Ultimates if they were Dlc. How much? $0.00

1 Like