What are you playing?

I beat every valkyrie in Gears of War 4 :smiley:
It didn’t took much, but some were really strong
[spoiler]And the queen![/spoiler]
It was an interesting challenge.

1 Like

I’ve played a lot of Assault Android Cactus (free with Xbox Live Gold) and I love it! Fast paced arcade-style action. Best twin stick shooter I’ve played in a long time.

I’m also still playing through Resident Evil 4 and love it as much as I always have. It’s still a masterpiece.

Street Fighter 5!! :scream::scream::scream:

Bloodborne!
Assassins Creed Origins
PS VR Skyrim
PS WOrlds VR
VR the Exorcist

PS VR The Teletubbies Adventure

Ha ha! @xSkeletalx
Is that a real game? My kids might like it!
I had everyone do the PS Worlds Shark attack encounter last night… oh man we all loved it. That shark looks so real and so close to biting you!

Bloodborne
Street Fighter V
Metal Gear Solid V

Actually, I finally completed MGSV. I have to say, the gameplay is the perfect realization of the ideas stemming from every previous MGS as well as more modern ideas about open worlds. Which really makes me sad then that the game’s story is one of the weakest in the series.

It’s strange, it almost feels as though Kojima had this grand idea in mind, only to have Konami say “no! finish it now!” about 2/3rd of the way in to development.

For one thing, [spoiler]you beat the final boss of the game 60% of the way through the mission structure.[/spoiler]

But not only that, you see story stuff out of order sometimes thank to some cutscenes being triggered randomly. One minute, [spoiler]Quet is dancing in the rain, and the next minute, she’s being interrogated.[/spoiler]

Then there are the plotlines that either don’t go anywhere at all, are written too vaguely, or simply end with a thud. There were also several characters alluded to, but not actually explained who they were or who they’d become. I had to watch a separate video before finding out that [spoiler]The character known as the third boy was actually Psycho Mantis or even that Eli was Liquid Snake [/spoiler].

I also saw a video that showed a partially finished mission involving Eli and The Third Boy that I’m fairly certain would’ve explained a few things a bit better. But nope, it wound up on the cutting room floor. What we got instead were several of the final 20 missions involving repeat missions from earlier only turned up to super difficult or made it so you couldn’t raise any alerts, etc.

There’s also the fact that the game has two chapters. Two? Who has anything with two chapters or two acts? My gut tells me that the story should’ve been about twice as long as it was, even with the tape recordings explaining so much, though still not everything, like [spoiler]where the hell is Gray Fox when all of this is going on? Isn’t he supposed to be one of Big Boss’s best friends? Where’s Eva? What happens to Diamond Dogs? Do they become merged with Outer Haven? How does that happen? Where’s Solidus? They make brief mention that Solid Snake is in the US, but no mention of Solidus at all?[/spoiler]

So yeah… Sorry if you read any of that stuff and had anything spoiled that you didn’t want to read. It just seemed kind of odd given that Guns of the Patriots had SO MUCH story, then this one was actually light on it. A lot of the time, it was also just story setting up the next mission or almost standalone things that didn’t really feel germane to the deeper mysteries of the series.


Okay, I’ll stop talking about MGSV now lol. I have started my next game though, Rise of the Tomb Raider! I’m only a few hours in, but man, the graphics in this game jut amaze me. The aiming feels slightly wonky, but other than that, I’m having a blast with it.

I’ve been playing lots of Tetris lately…all different types of Tetris: Arcade, Gameboy, the New Tetris on N64 (aka square tetris) GBA Tetris Worlds, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Tetris Ultimate…Tetris 2…
Yeah, I was playing a lot of Puyo Puyo Tetris, but it’s rather lacking in single player options. I mean when you get to where you can sustain level 15 for up around 45 minutes to an hour it gets kinda dull. They really need to get another less casual version of Tetris for the Switch.

I’ve also been going through the Megaman X legacy collections. I was a bit disappointed though that they didn’t use the PSX version of X3 with the FMV cut scenes and boss intros.
Then again they did get rid of the out-of-place Guns’n’Roses references in X5, so bonus points there for that. Still, with the GnR names or the original WHY DID THEY NEVER CALL THE ROSE ROBOT WITH THE SPIKED WHEEL WEAPON AXEL ROSE?!?!?!! I mean it’s such an obvious choice!!!

1 Like

I’ve been playing more Tekken 7 since Season 2 started a few days ago, mainly trying out the DLC characters from Season 1 (PS4 has it on sale currently). Eliza I liked since she reminds me of Batman from Injustice (1+2+3 combo ends in a launcher, just like Batman) as well as a more rushdown-based version of Akuma. Geese I haven’t got much time with, and Noctis has fun stuff but I never truly cared for pure rushdown characters.

Also Bloodborne’s DLC was finally on sale a week or so ago (about $6 IIRC) so I’m slowly making my way towards finishing that.

I thought only X4 was edited in that collection, makes the deal feel even more sour IMO.

X4 was edited? Huh…I didn’t notice.

X5 though, I never liked the GnR references in the names. I was excited to get X5 when it first came out, but that was just a huge letdown. It broke the X series naming pattern. Just like how the original MM series had ____man for all its bosses, the X series has always had adjective-animal(plant).

Storm Eagle
Frost Walrus
Flame Stag
Volt Catfish
Flame Heynard (Burn to the Ground!!)
Bamboo Pandamonium (awesome name :sunglasses:)
Magna Centipede

…the Skiver???..Duff McWhalen???

No thank you, I much prefer Tidal Whale and Spiral Pegasus. :grin::+1:

I mean seriously, It’d be like naming some of the the bosses in Megaman 11 Blocky, Bouncy, Zappy, and Tom. It’s just sacrilege.

1 Like

Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Egg, Inc.

Who’s catching up on their backlog ?

SoulCalibur VI network test!!!

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Killer Instinct (Finalizing my final character to level 50 “Rash”)
Horizon Zero Dawn

1 Like

Bought the new PS4 Spiderman game yesterday, probably the only time in a long while I bought a game shortly after launch (I’m a cheapskate most of the time). So far it feels like Arkham: Spiderman Edition, but considering those Batman games are done it’s not a bad thing to revisit that formula.

I’m also playing an old PC RPG called Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator, which was re-released on Steam some time back. It’s a fun game when the ball gets rolling, but it feels held back by having adventure game-style puzzles (hidden object or travel to old areas to find key items for progression). As someone who is bad at puzzles that gets annoying quick, but the rest of the game keeps me from outright quitting.

Also more MH:W (mainly the event quests) and Disgaea 1 (just started Etna mode).

Monster Hunter is keeping me from enjoying that game now. I must be spoiled or something. Well at least I can play as Aloy in MH now.

I Almost bought MH several times…I just dont know that Id play it enough to get my money’s worth. I do like how you can play as Alloy, Ryu and other skins though!

Red Dead Redemption 2! We’ll just go ahead and call it GOTY 2018. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2 installation discs! WTF!!! It just finished…here I go!!!

1 Like

I tried out Nickelodeon Kart Racers because I thought it would be a fun game to play with my kids. I mean, how bad could a kart game be with SpongeBob, Rugrats, Hey Arnold and TMNT characters?

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed and posted a review:

1 Like

Remember when we had to do that on the Xbox 360… and then BLU-RAY became a thing and they said we wouldn’t have to do that anymore… yeah… those were good times. :blush:

LoL… its funny because when you’re a PC Gamer you don’t even have a Disk Drive… I literally haven’t inserted a disk to play a game for 4 Years now… CRAZY !!! :crazy_face:

I feel games made for kids in general just aren’t as polished in 90% of the cases. Its especially disheartening to see this happen with well known IP’s like Looney Tunes and Disney Characters… our children deserve better (BTW I don’t actually have kids of my own… I just sympathise with their plight).

2 Likes

I skipped the entire 360 PS3 generation. I quit playing games at the end of Xbox and Game cube and return with KI on XBox One in 2013. SO Ive never had to do this lol
THe game is worth it though I tell ya that much!

1 Like