What are you playing?

I’ve been playing Destiny 2 on Xbox One X AND PS4 Pro. :slight_smile:

Decided to jump back into Learning Guilty Gear… well technically I’m not learning it… I’m vetting it. (Long Story)

Both Platform’s ? Why ?
Because no cross platform multiplayer ? :scream:

Well on PS4 the limited-time demo for Tetris Effect went up so I tried that for a few hours. With the imagery I’ve seen so far I’ve jokingly called it Tetris: Become as Gods Edition, mainly because of the box art (T-block descends from heaven) and the third stage of the demo having people in the background worship your progress in the level. The sound design and graphics are definitely on point, on those fronts I expected no less from the Rez: Infinite team (though I noticed the Deep level has occasional FPS hitches).

Though I soured my own experience trying multiple times to beat the Classic mode (non-endless version requires 150 lines cleared), I clearly am not as good at Tetris as I thought. Also the demo has a mystery mode, where the game RNGs a bunch of nonsense like giant blocks and bombs that blow up portions of the board.

Considering the demo only has 2 real modes (not counting the first 3 levels of the campaign) I got a surprisingly good amount of time on it. $40 still seems steep for a Tetris game though, but based on the store page description it’s not locking extra modes behind DLC paywalls like the Ubisoft game some years back, so it at least has that going for it. 8/10 would worship the T-block again.

Been playing MK11 a lot recently.

1 Like

I think we all have LOL…and its killing me to not play Sekiro but IM so wound up into MK 11 and Unlcoking skins and such I just cant break away from it! arrrghghhhh!!! lol

Yeah Ive been doing towers, practicing and unlocking things in the krypt.
I did play some King of The Hill, managed to get a 9 win streak.

Nah, I’m personally just waiting for the complete edition so I can have the DLC on a physical copy of the game (like with MKXL).

In the meantime I bought the Bioshock collection (since I never played 2 or Infinite) and FFXV Royal Edition (because it was $20 for a physical copy at the local Wal-Mart). I also bought Agents of Mayhem a few days ago, since after the Saint’s Row series I thought Volition would finally learn how to do proper gunplay in a third-person game (spoilers: they didn’t).

Playing and switching between RE2 Remake and MK11.

2 Likes

I loved RE2 remake!! I played it until I finished all normal and hardcore modes with both characters. I wasn’t going to play it after I played Devil may cry 5 but RE2 did the trick to keep me interested (not an easy task).
Cheers on Capcom, well played.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also thought it could not keep my attention but I enjoy the short sessions I play. I saved like 15 times already in 90 minutes of play :joy: Progressing at a really slow pace but it’s a breath of fresh air… Pretty ironic for a remake AND a zombie game lol

1 Like

im still on that mordhau train on the PC. this game is such sheer comedy gold, i havent lol’d so hard at the random BS i been seeing during the battles. i was dueling some guy with a zweihander, he was coming at me hard swinging left and right. i had my sword and shield blocking his attacks, i go in for a riposte, he blocks. then some buddy of his from left field comes in screaming chopping his head off trying to get to me LOL, since he whiff i stabbed him in the face cuz he didnt have a helmet on. pretty awesome hahaha

In addition to Final Fantasy 12 I’ve also picked up where I left off in Monster Hunter GenU on Switch. It’s weird because I can’t say if it’s making me more or less hyped for Iceborne. World is a huge step above GenU in many ways, but it’s gonna be a bummer going back to a version that’s almost all dinos and dragons (which so far doesn’t look to be changing with Iceborne).

Bought a used copy of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus for about $13. This game is surprisingly hard even on Normal difficulty, and even after I finished Shadow Warrior Classic’s campaign just a few months back (which is also a game where singular enemies can kill you in under 5 seconds). The weapon upgrades are fun though, especially the Nail Gun upgrade for the SMG which turns it into a slower assault rifle.

2 Likes

Been enjoying these short RE2 remake sessions a lot. The other day I managed to squeeze in, and play, 60 minutes before going to work. Both the mini boss and my watch telling me “if you don’t beat him in 15 minutes, you’re gonna be late for work AND you have start from that ■■■■■■■ checkpoint again next time” gave some surreal pressure while trying to dodge Lickers luring and licking in dark pathways :lizard:
Never thought it would be the perfect game if you don’t have a lot of time but the small map and short missions combined with save system works perfectly :woman_zombie:

I picked up Phoenix Wright’s Trilogy on Xbox recently, I kinda like point-and-click games after a period of playing more complicated games like MK11 and DMC. Managed to finish it last night, really liked the stories and characters and how absurd some of it was.
Going to start with Borderlands GOTY edition, clear up that and the other sequels in prep for BL3. Super hyped for that one, excited to see where the gameplay and story goes from the Pre-Sequel and TFTB (I really wish we could have gotten a second season for TFTB but oh well).

1 Like

still on mordhau lol, and its still hilarious. some guy was belting out smooth criminal on the lute while we were all chopping eachother to pieces. guys from both teams were bodyguarding the lute player as well, lmao

Try and beat this, you slackers!

:joy:

4 Likes

How did you find 73 typewriter ribbons?

1 Like

I am a cheat, so I played the game on standard mode instead of hard mode. On standard, the number of ribbons available is unlimited. I guess I am not a true hardcore player now :joy:

Anyway I was just happy to finish a game after months, since it’s hard to finish anything with our full-time jobs and family as you also know yourself…

1 Like

I finally finished the Bioshock collection, and I didn’t expect to like Bioshock Infinite nearly as much as I did (I was worried the more linear gameplay would ruin my enjoyment of it). Bioshock 2 has a worse story than the first game but the gameplay is far superior, and not just because they got rid of the terrible hacking puzzle from the first game. Overall I got far more surprises from those games than I ever thought possible, including bad surprises like the stuttering in some of the heavier parts of Infinite’s levels (clearly that game’s XB1 port was a little rushed in some areas).

Also beat FF15’s main story, surprisingly short but I enjoyed the game regardless (less so for the gameplay however). And Agents of Mayhem should have been more like Saint’s Row 4; it’s so watered down by comparison, and yet it uses 45GB of hard drive space (versus SR4’s 12GB).

1 Like