couple of weeks my backer copy of bloodstained ritual of the night will be in the mail. cant wait! ill be playing that one heavily
I wasn’t all that interested in this but I ended up playing the 8 bit prequel game with my son. Now I’m on the fence so let me know how it is.
My family has been playing a lot of Beat Saber, especially since I managed to get mods for it back. There were even a few Killer Instinct tracks in there, albeit they were from KI1. Somebody should remedy that and get some KI3 representation on there. I’d love to end one of the tracks by doing the beats for an Ultra Combo.
ill let you know, if you played castlevania symphony of the night or any “metroidvania” like aria of sorrow etc on the DS, thats pretty much going to be it. you’ll have a map to explore with gates for you to pass, abilities to find, secrets, weapons, armor, hidden rooms. i played a demo of it a year or 2 ago and it handled quite well, just that the visuals at the time were pretty low quality. im glad igarashi delayed the game until 2019 so they can improve it. heres a launch trailer, which i found amusing
My favorite Metroidvania was probably aria of sorrow, which they have steadfastly refused to remake or re-release. Some of that has to do with the fact that these games are terrific mobile games for when you are on a plane or train and the DS was a great system for old school 16-32 bit pixel art.
I worry when they move into 3D because it just doesn’t seem that fluid. The prequel game was actually constructed more like castlevania 3, which had some branching paths but wasn’t really a “Metroidvania” game at all.
yeah i have order of ecclesia which ill pop into my 3DS when i am stuck somewhere if i have it packed. they’re just so ■■■■ convenient, much like the switch which has the castlevania collection currently. unfortunately, i dont think konami will give us iga’s works involving castlevania anytime soon since he left the company and went his own way with bloodstained.
i played curse of the moon as well, and it was really good. its a rock solid old school castlevania experience, i was pretty impressed with it. i went ahead and restarted it so i can work myself back up to the nightmare mode. as for fluid, the next gen version of bloodstained played quite well i didnt feel like the controls were floaty or disconnected. i used a switch controller on my PC FYI
Didn’t Iga work on Symphony of the Night though? And Sony managed to get a PS4 exclusive bundle with that and Rondo of Blood long before the new Castlevania collection came out. But I agree in that I don’t see the rest coming back.
Also I finally finished Wolfenstein II. Ehhh…just like Shadow Warrior Classic it spends more time punching the player in the face with difficulty spikes, then letting them actually have fun with the game. But I did find the Wolfenstein 3D easter egg which is basically an in-universe version of the classic game (called Wolfstone 3D); it contains all 6 episodes but reskinned to make William and his crew the bad guys instead.
Outside of Final Fantasy Type-0 and Batman: Arkham City I don’t have much of a backlog anymore. Anything else I bought recently (Dissidia NT, Geometry Wars 3, etc.) doesn’t interest me enough to the point of obsession.
thats what im talking about
I’m currently playing “A Plagues Tale” and it is amazing! Really great story telling, characters, and dark atmosphere and suspense. Highly recommend it.THere are some famous actors doing voice work as well…I believe “Ned Stark” is some where in this game.I dont think there will be much replay value since its basically like playing out a movie you control, so I bought the disc so I can trade it in once complete. This is a game the family can watch you play or your wife, ect… check it out!
Finally started devil may cry 5.
Im going to play the new one one day…I enjoyed the demo.
I downloaded the Nvidia RTX remaster of Quake 2…it’s pretty cool. I’ve never been a fan of Quake or Quake 2, but the ray tracing effects are really cool.
I’ve been playing APEX Legends lately, and still slowly working my way through Sekiro. I’ve actually been spending more time working on assembling/painting miniatures than I have been playing games.
Not a game but I’ve been building a true gaming PC these past few days and finally got it completed and working, which is something I’ve wanted to do for years. I’ll probably be booting up Fallout: New Vegas again soon, as well as PREY which will be nice with reasonable load times now.
today ill be firing up bloodstained ritual of the night after work on my PC. cant wait!
Looking forward to a full fledged review 6/20 9am EST sharp
![]()
dude…its really good. worth the wait
I see its out…you been following this one for a long time. I remember the kickstarter years ago. How is it? IM looking at it now.. 40$ though? ehhh… Ill wait. This looks like something Id rather play on the Switch. I might do that.
just wait for a sale if you are skeptical, to me, its worth the 40 bucks 100%. but im a huge castlevania fan, and so my opinion will be biased lol. see reviews, watch gameplay, and decide for yourself on this one. it does have its flaws, i think there is one song in one of the zones that needs a bit of TLC with the mix. the strings are overpowering the drum beat and its kinda jarring. or maybe its a PC thing, im not sure
If you have a PC there is a minor launch sale on Steam right now, about 4 or 5 bucks saved, though you might be better off waiting for the proper summer sale if you’re not gearing to play it immediately. Honestly a little tempted atm, especially since I just built a gaming PC I’m currently breaking in. lol