What are you playing?

What? I thought they will release Dishonored 2 on Nov 11th?..

Yeah, but you get it a day earlier if you pre-order. And the midnight launch is before 12am in my area.

Ah, such a good movie. Tried to watch it and was immediately disoriented by the editing during action sequences. I forgot how much they used cuts before.

Sabrewulf taunt 2 CONFIRMED

While just a tech demo, Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Sonic Utopia. By far the most relaxing game Iā€™ve played in a long, long time.

Got Ori and the Blind Forest for roughly $5. Iā€™m excited to try it out when I have the time.

For all of you playing Skyrim remasteredā€¦and because we donā€™t have a general video games meme thread:

1 Like

I just started Dark Souls 2ā€¦man its so hard at the beginning. I cant stand how the souls series is harder at the start and gets easier as it goesā€¦ it should be the other way around!

I guess Im used to being able to take a shot or two and not having to hit my enemies 5-7 timesā€¦ugh

I guess skipping tot he 2nd area for a specific ring could be the problem but whatevs

Also been playing SF5 the last few nightsā€¦ its fun, different change of pace from KI for sure.

If youā€™re not already using one, find a weapon that does strike damage and use that for the early game. Thereā€™s a lot of early game enemies with poor strike resistance, some of which can be particularly troublesome for new players.

Also, some general advice for levelling: in the early game, ignore all stats other than adaptability (and attunement, if youā€™re playing a spellcaster.) Adaptability raises your agility, which is hands down the most important parameter in the game. Agility dictates how much invincibility your roll and backstep will haveā€“at 85 agility, you have a measly 5 iframes on rolls and 3 iframes on backsteps, hardly enough to consistently dodge many of the attacks that will be thrown at you. Getting agility up to 108, though, means your roll will have 13 iframes and your backstep will have 8. Thereā€™s no point trying to push it higher than 108 thoughā€“the stat soft caps at 110, and itā€™ll take something like 15 additional levels of adaptability to raise it to 111 which is where your next roll upgrade is.

Itā€™s not that much of a loss to forego other stats for your first 20 or so level ups; at that stage the majority of weapon damage is coming from weapon upgrades rather than stats, and raising your health isnā€™t nearly as important as being harder to hit.

Well Ive beat DS1, DS3, and BB and Lords of the fallenā€¦so I know my way around the seriesā€¦but Im right at the beginning of Majura or whatever the hub is calledā€¦supposed to be heading to the forest but I went to the Fire temple or whatever with all the knights in the broken up castle above the waterā€¦trying to get that ring and then head back to the forest area as I should be. But damn all i have is the Morning star and I cant take but about 3 hits.

Im a warriorā€¦IM not fond of sorceryā€¦but I love pyromancy.

Alll the souls series is hard at the start because Im so used to kicking ā– ā– ā–  mid to late gameā€¦then you start with nothing and its like crapā€¦I need a totally different strategy!

Ill def take the advice on the Agility stats and finding a better weapon soon. thanks

@FallofSeraphs76 @DEClimax Iā€™ve found that souls games really hit their stride when you find a weapon you really enjoy. Mixing and matching your playstyle to get what you want out of a character are part of why I really love the games.

For example: My Dark Souls 2 character is a little treat I like to call King Beth: Sheā€™s got the Kingā€™s Armor/Crown on so she looks majestic as all hell, and sheā€™s got an Ultra Greatsword in one hand and a Havelā€™s Great Shield in the other. All that, and sheā€™s got a high enough equip load to still fast roll. Doing 600 damage to everything in the room and then having the luxury of choosing to block or roll away is really swell~:heart_eyes:

But yeah, Climax speaks the truth about Blunt/Strike weapons. DS2 is absolutely lousy with Heavy Armored enemies. Strike damage and Lightning Infusions will definitely be worth your while.
From personal experience, Iā€™d also recommend giving some of the really big Strength weapons like Hammers or Ultra Greatswords. I forget what makes them so good in this one, but in DS2 I think is where the huge weapons were at their peak. Something about poise boosts and hyper armor to help you muscle through enemy strikes. Really good for clear mobs and even helpful in PvP occasions.

In other news, I recently got around to finishing some bits of Skyrim I never got around to the first time: The College, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood quest lines. Iā€™m also nearly done with all the achievements since Iā€™ve been holding off on the mods (odd choice, I know).

1 Like

Anymore if I play Skyrim the college is one of the first things I try to do, if for no other reason because one of the early missions where you go to a dwarf ruins and thereā€™s a big spherical machine at the far end (shows you how long itā€™s been since Iā€™ve played the game) the place is lousy with scrap metal you can melt down & forge armor from. Just clear all the enemies out of the place, then start on the back end and start picking up everything on the way to the front, ignore the weight limitā€¦just keep going. When you get to the front deposit all that is over your weight limit into a container and then keep going back & forthā€¦it helps boost not only your forging skill but also gives you enough money itā€™ll just about fund your entire playthrough of the game.

I havenā€™t played DS2 in a hot minute, but from what I remember the heavy weapons generally worked opposite to how they do in the other gamesā€“where in DS1, an ultra greatsword has long startup on the swings but quick recovery making it easy to roll afterward, in DS2 they swing a bit faster, but have more recovery. It made them feel a bit less responsive, but you could also more easily get swings in from smaller openings.

As an aside, I remember how crazy things were at the beginning of that game. Dark magic was totally out of control, and some weapons were crazy busted. My first character on the PC version ended up becoming my main PVP character for a while, and, wellā€¦between great resonant soul and the defenderā€™s greatsword, there were few players that would actually take more than two openings to kill.

Im about to hit DS2 hard once I beat Soul of Cinder in DS3.

Still trying to solo him the last 2 days.

Is there no pyromancy in DS2?

DS2 does have promancy, but due to the differences in how fire damage scaling works itā€™s a bit weaker than DS1 pyromancy if you have low INT or FTH when using it. Still, from what I remember pyro benefits the least of all magic types from scaling, so itā€™s not that worth pumping those stats for.

DS1 pyro is the shi*t! I can bust out great combustion all day and wreck fools lol

DS3 it doesnt work so well. Chaos Vistages works best for me and Black flame orb.

Im looking forward to getting into DS2, but so far the difference is hard to adjust.,

Dark Souls 3. Restarted my sl100+ character for a Deprived class. The beginning is hell (on the Abyss Watchers now) but I know the hard work will pay off in PvP.

After today, nothing but Pokemon Sun! Praise the sun!

EDIT: ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  everything I said. I just found my copy of Viewtiful Joe! SO EXCITED!!

Wait, s.crew isnā€™t allowed? What?

Tried to play some Sleeping Dogs last night, I vaguely remember it being better than what it is. Maybe GTA set the bar too high for open world crime games.

I may just go back to some Fallout tonight, although I also want to continue on Skyrim.

I bought Titanfall 2 and beat the campaign in two gaming sessions, neither of which felt particularly long. The story made me care a little about the main character and his Titan, but I never got invested in what happened to either of them, and I definitely didnā€™t care about any of the other characters at all.

The trajectory of the main character in the early part of the game was insultingly predictable and Iā€™m not one of those people that tries to figure out what will happen next when I watch movies or play games. Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t need twists to be super out of nowhere unpredictable, just maybe a bit less clichĆ©? Plus, it seemed kinda pointless given that there wasnā€™t any connection to any of the other characters. Seemed like they couldā€™ve handled that a little differently, maybe skirted their own rules a bit without having to blow them up.

The story also just felt like typical sci-fi stuff. Iā€™ve seen that background for a main character in so many games and movies lately, and it wasnā€™t particuarly done well. It almost appeared as though the devs couldnā€™t decide if the main character should be a blank slate everyman or not, and they kinda just went in between.

On the plus side, the structure of the gameplay within the campaign feels perfect. Moving around the levels, and what happens between you and your mech throughout is a fun adventure. Thereā€™s some nice variety sprinkled in and they do a good job of throwing new things at you from mech loadouts to new story beats. I still donā€™t think the story is very good, and the ending left me wanting more, but the actual structure of the adventure was fun, even if the narrative that tied it all together didnā€™t really do much for me.

I will say that the gameplay is solid, though I should say that Iā€™m not a massive shooter fan. I donā€™t usually buy them, but thought Iā€™d give this one a shot for the mechs and because people kept raving about the campaign. Still, the out of mech stuff didnā€™t really do it for me, even if wall running adds a nice little something extra to the typical ā€œshoot with this gun, now shoot with this more powerful gun, now shoot with this massive gun, now shoot with this gun that lets you shoot people from far awayā€ formula.

But the stuff in the mechs, and the boss battles? Those felt fantastic. The boss battles were great, even if one of them frustrated the crap out of me. From the first moment you get in, it just feels powerful and exciting. The weapons in the mech work well, have a lot of variety, and make me think the multiplayer using mechs like this would be amazing. Of course, Iā€™m not really in to multiplayer, so I probably wonā€™t check it out.

I know, why did I buy this game? Well, robots are cool and I thought Iā€™d like the campaign. Plus I havenā€™t played a shooter Iā€™ve actually enjoyed in a long time, so I donā€™t play them very often. Just wanted to see where the genre was at.

Overall, the shooter stuff was shootery and the mech stuff was awesome, but I really donā€™t get why people keep saying that this campaign is so good beyond the structure, as the narrative wasnā€™t anything new or different or really engaging (for me at least). If you can look past that, then I must say that this is a very high quality game with a lot to like about it even in spite of my gripes.

If you like shooters, you should definitely give it a shot. :slight_smile:

Do they have any other modes aside from Campaign and Multiplayer, or are those all the game has to offer out of the disc?

To the best of my knowledge, thatā€™s all thatā€™s offered. Not sure if theyā€™ll be adding any more modes via DLC though.