We support the fourth season and the future of KI!

Ehh.. That last picture is color 9…

and the other one looks like would I imagine his mimic will be.

no. color 9 have more tattoos and it is darker.

They look cool, but you forgot to include the legs

1 Like

They’ve repeatedly stated that they’ll keep making content as long as we keep buying it. They’re adding more content, they’re doing surveys that specifically refer to new character ideas and they’re still tweaking gameplay.

Anyone that looks at those facts and comes to the conclusion that this game is complete isn’t looking hard enough.

Also consider the fact that right now, at least, MS doesn’t have a whole lot of proverbial irons in the fire. Outside of Halo, Gears, Dead Rising (though that’s not their IP) and Forza, they don’t have a whole lot of other active franchises beyond KI. They’re bringing back Crackdown and they’re trying to make Sea of Thieves and Scalebound take off, but other than that? Why would they kill KI now in this reality when the monetary investment isn’t likely all that cost prohibitive and the audience, by any metrics we’ve seen, continues to grow?

As far as monetary investments go, I think people poopoo this because it doesn’t have a massive team or budget like MKX and that’s presumably true, but also consider the fact that not every game requires that budget to be good, fun or successful, and that after a while, the law of diminishing returns comes in to play. Not saying they’ve reached that point, but if MS still budgets for it and I still like what they’re making, I’m happy.

Sure, we could all be “happier.” If they’d just put hero art on the Checking DLC screen, match the combo fonts to the victory fonts, redo the Fight On pre-match screen to make it more flashy and stylish and upgrade the character’s faces and hair, it’d be perfect right? I’d be the happiest I can be.

But what about fixing the retros? And those people want ultimates. Oh and those people really want stages for Mira and Eyedol and that guy needs Joanna Dark, but those people don’t want anymore guests and those people want a lot of new characters and they want 8, they want 4 and these people want none.

We all have our vision for this game and they’ll never please everyone. But my point is that THREE years later, they’re still getting the chance to try. They’re still adding new stuff and they’re not doing it out of any sense of charity. MS is still supporting it. Not Fable, not Dance Central, not Lost Odyssey or Crimson Skies or Conker or Banjo or Sunset Overdrive or any other theoretical arrows in their quiver, but KI, a fighting game we never thought we’d see again, that launched with this weird online only, pseudo F2P structure and six characters from a dev we’d never heard of.

To be around and to still feel fresh and fun and filled with unique ideas after having so much working against it, including a dev change? To me, this game still feels special in a way; like it’s ours, and MS and IG bend over backwards to help make it feel that way.

So yeah, I want a 4th season. I want more of a really fun game with amazing character designs, unique modes, and cool content to unlock and if that takes high level players having to relearn matchups or master new characters, then so be it. If you want KI to be “complete,” then you have the Definitive Edition. Personally? I still have a lot I want to see them do with this game, but I’m also excited to see what they do next, and all arrows point toward their being a “next.” I hope you’ll all keep going with it as I intend to.

Bring on 3.5, 3.6, and bring on season 4!

6 Likes

…for that classic, Boss Eyedol look…

classic Eyedol had grey leg.

In 3 years, I spent my time in each of these ideas, which you liked most?
PS, Zar, is the Kaor evolution, the vampire Vlad tepes before Mira come true. Zar is the Mira field, I imagine it as a vampire with the ability to change appearance and become in his opponent, like Spinal in KI1.

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15123041_1183281698375563_4838892435299463058_o.jpg

1 Like

I would like…

  • Selew
  • Monker
  • yokku
  • Axe
  • Jadeen
  • Rosalee
  • Eretra
    &
  • Avel
1 Like

I would like 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14 and 15 going from top left to right

Eagle, Elana, Axe, Jadeen, Ryozu, Joanna Dark, Avel, Zar and Shadow Orchid would be a cool season 4. Is this what we’re talking about here? I’m not sure how we got from the merits of a 4th season to character ideas, so I think I’m a bit behind the conversation lol.

All sounds good in my opinion, but my question to you is… with all the wonderful ideals you’ve presented, why aren’t you working for IG?? lol

Shadow Orchid only if it is a completely new build and moveset and ultra EVERYTHING needs to change.

Ok, also different appearance, name and background

So, a totally original character without any link to Orchid xD

Absolutely. The idea of recycling rigs and animations are without sense.

Make an evil corrupted person and execute it right.

graphical update is the base for the next steps. there is no need for a graphical update in the last season. it is a plan for the game to continue competitive. as far as we want a season 4, it will happen. IG guys do not have to rush for the next step. KI is a good game and we are not in ps1 or ps2 era when the graphical improvements were drastic. graphics in our days are almost complete, so there is no need for killing games. just updates every season, without losing any content.

I think that the KI graphics are perfect, if IG had not revealed the new lighting, I would not have thought this. If there is something to fix graphically, are the costumes back of the first season. fix some polygon model and the hair.
but IG has done excellent work from S2 onward.
retro costumes of orchid, Jago, Sabrewul and Fulgore, they need really touches. Even actual Sabrewulf needs tweaks and actual Orchid hair.

Unfortunately I think that is coming from a slightly biased viewpoint :-\

While I wholeheartedly agree with you… I just don’t see any way that KI will win.

SF5 is still a FAR bigger franchise, SF4 almost singlehandedly kickstarted the FGC towards what it is today, and although Pokken is on a console that very few people own, it’s still a Pokemon game and it was pretty well received.

KI going up against two of the most well known franchises in gaming history doesn’t seem like a winning fight.

I would love to see it win, and honestly think it deserves it… but I just don’t see it happening

Do it Kappa

2 Likes

SF5 has been pretty well savaged in the media for not delivering much content. The award is supposedly being determined by gaming media so we can at least hope they have an informed view. KI S3 is an odd contender in any award situation because it’s really 2/3 of an older game. I don’t know if they will judge the addition of S3 characters/modes or if they will look at the whole game. In either case, I think you have a pretty strong case that KI has delivered more, but I think a lot will depend on how the actual judges are considering the games.