Was Season 4 hinted at?

when/where was this? :smiley: Iā€™d love to see this!

Man this doesnā€™t mean that there is not going to be a season 4. It means that new seasons will not be released as a package but as pieces. As long as the community supports season 4 will be happening. At least that is what i understand. It would be nice if a @developers gave us some more light about the plans.

Yes, Iā€™m not saying that we are not getting more content at all. I donā€™t even believe that we are not getting a traditional season someday

I just say that we are probably having more ā€œnon seasonā€ content, like Kilgore or the 2 remaining characters, who doesnā€™t belong to a season

Yep, i think more likely seasons wonā€™t be scheduled but what happens in the next year or something will be wrapped up as a season. Looks like a full season may seem a bit risky for the devs so they are going step by step.

IMO itā€™s not a matter of risk, itā€™s a matter of schelude

When the game was smaller(less characters, less stages, less modes), it was easier to make it big. For example, creating TJ and TJ stage was done with the 8 original characters in mind, and the 8 remaining for S2. The lighting on his stage was done with 17 characters in mind.

Now, Kilgore is made with 26 characters in mind, 21 stages in mind. Itā€™s a lot work to do(hitboxes, lighting, design, ULTIMATESā€¦)

Creating a character now itā€™s more time consuming than in S2 for this reason. So, they canā€™t follow a montly character release. IMO and being generous, the next character may be released in march(KI cup), and the next one month before EVO. But maybe itā€™s a longer schelude, and we get them later

Well, it certainly could be a sign that KI4 isnā€™t happening anytime soon, but given that this has been the most requested feature for quite a while, it could just be the final touch on this iteration. A final ā€œthank youā€ to the fans that have been asking for so long.

Truth be told, Iā€™m not making that argument, or any argument one way or the other. Iā€™m just not entirely sure how Ultimates are actually a sign of more things to come. Could you possibly elaborate on why those specifically make you think that way?

FWIW, I hope itā€™s not a sign that this KI is ending, as Iā€™d love a 4th season.

I donā€™t think that 27 characters is so much bigger problem than 17. I donā€™t know, there is also has been 5 months from the previous character release. Also they did it (the monthly thing) some months ago, now is impossible?

I have one question. Which is a huge huge number of characters?

For me? None. I would try to learn the basics of every character KI could take.

30? Fine
50? Better
100? BRING IT!

But considering lighting, ultimates, match ups, design varietyā€¦ 30 characters is a quite formidable number

Honestly not really. Itā€™s just adding finishing moves like these to every character this late in the gameā€™s lifespan doesnā€™t seem like something theyā€™d do if thereā€™s a new game on the horizon. I would thing they would just save those ideas to add them to the new game, and then possibly build off of that. I mean adding a few remix characters, yeah, sureā€¦theyā€™ve already shown it doesnā€™t take a whole lot of effort relatively speaking to add someone that is 80% something already in the game anyway, but an entirely new set of finishing moves for what will likely be everyone? Yeah, that doesnā€™t seem like something theyā€™d add on the tail-end of a dying game.

100% agree

KI sequel is not in the plan. Long life to this KI!!!

1 Like

Devs in the survey were talking about that huge huge number. I thought that that number cannot be under 35.
They also said about the future plans that KI 4 LIFE.
In the trailer we have that 4 wins, better graphics (i think), a strange sound in every new move and ultimates!
We have a tournament fund that will probably send the winning price in some tournaments really high.
We also have a new color/style for ultra-combo.com.
I donā€™t know, i think devs are trying to give us what we want, they just cannot announce it.

2 Likes

With the lag the animation had, at first, I believed it was a mobile port XD

1 Like

Whereā€™s trailer?? I asked someone about this, but nobody answer me!

IIRC that strange sound has to do with the electronic Jago figure Ultimate Source is makingā€¦itā€™s supposed to light up and make sound effects when Jago does moves in game, and uses high-pitched sound (supposed to be out of human hearing range) to communicate with the figureā€¦ but there has been instances IIRC where some people have been hearing it like it was in the Ultimate tease footage all the time.

ā€¦I could be completely wrong about that though and it may have just been a video recording issue.

1 Like

Go to 2:06:11

I donā€™t see 4 wins in trailerā€¦ Itā€™s only Ultimate. :confused:

Below Jago healthbar

IMO itā€™s going to far looking for hintsā€¦

2 Likes

OH! I never notice that until now! I get it now.

Itā€™s shown during the Jago vs. Kilgore match right before where Jago ultimates Kilgore (you can see it displayed under the monkā€™s health).

If thereā€™s 1 thing Iā€™ve learned about IG - they may be subtle, but theyā€™ve always been pretty straight-forward with their reveals. This is why I personally believe S4 will happen (although, maybe not in the traditional sense).

I may be wrong about this, but I choose to firmly believe it, because if thereā€™s 1 thing Rogue One: A Sar Wars Story has taught us, itā€™s that we need hope. Even if Iā€™m wrong about it, thatā€™d be okay, because we now know IG continues to have big plans for KI - and thatā€™s a good thing (whether itā€™s S4, 4 new stages, etc.).

Jyn: "ā€¦are built on hope."
Saw: ā€œSave the ā€¦, save the dream!ā€

I said it before with the release of the skins - those were just appetizers to something much bigger and better, and what do we get? Kilgore and 2 other new characters and ultimates!?

And the best part? Theyā€™re not done yet. They may yet have a few surprises up their sleeves. Why else would they be so coy about things?

Are you ready to be surprised?

I am. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay thanks for the Info.

1 Like