Was Season 4 hinted at?

If its not the 4 wins, then what was the hidden hint ? I dont think it was sacarsm towards ultimate cuz they purposely recorded a clip with 4 wins, and showed it. if it was 4- 2 or4- something, it would be coincidence.It may not be like other seasons, but it hints towards a fourth iteration.

Maybe

Or maybe they just enjoy watching us becoming crazy for a single number xD

It may very well be a hint, and I’m not denying that in the slightest.

But until they make official announcements regarding a further Season or a sequel, this is only a hint, not confirmation.

Be excited, discuss, speculate! Just temper your expectations because if the 4 wins don’t turn out to mean anything it will lead to disappointment if you were viewing it as an absolute confirmation.

@Dayv0, did you inadvertantly hijack my discussion? :confused:

All of a sudden everyone’s attention and questions are directed towards you, almost as if you had made the thread.

Oh well, I suppose I shouldn’t complain - it is on topic, after all

Good that everyone here just wants to have a good talk about the game, and doesn’t matter who is talking, right?

I just thought a lot of the questions and such would be directed at me is all
 It’s nothing personal.

Well how would the bot get a win though? Since an ultimate requires a supreme and the danger state it makes sense that they’d ■■■■■ up a few attempts to record it.

Or maybe KI4 confirmed lol or we’re only getting 4 ultimates lol imagine

1 Like

Oh, that would be like an elbow to the gut right there! If that ends up being the case, then we know 2 of them are Jago and Maya.

I feel like the “4 WINS” was because it took them 5 tries to get the ultimate.

Ultimates require a supreme victory, and that the last hit is grounded. They probably lost the first healthbar a few times, and maybe had trouble getting the last hit while grounded. (The reveal wouldn’t look very cool if they had to stop fighting and wait for the perfect chance to get a guaranteed grounded hit.)

1 Like

But wait, the Ultimate means a 5th win! Season 5 confirmed!.. jk.

In all seriousness, it probably just took 5 tries. Especially considering that you have to be on your first health bar and knowing how the AI can be sometimes. If it is legitimate, it’s a pretty clever hint.

They’re the devs. They could’ve programmed that fight if they wanted to! For that reason, I doubt it took 5 tries.

1 Like

Some of their other showcase videos show varying win counts. I imagine they’re just using AIs.

I like the suggestion above about it being a hint at a KI4. I suppose it could also be a hint at a 4k upscale update for the Scorpio.

KI in 4K? I would be down for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what’s cool about the ki people, that 4 can mean anything or it can mean nothing. We’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I dont think its a season 4 and here’s why:

• theyve already confirmed what they called “post season 3 content”, not season 4 content. Note that any time a character is introduced they are part of a season. Even Shadow Jago was part of season 1.

• The devs have hinted on twitter that they feel KI cant support seasons any further

• the whole point of 3 seasons was to push KI for launch of xbox one at 20$. Later on adding two other seasons to total 60$; full retail price of a video game. (I’m only recalling this and im not confident in its legitimacy)

I do think the 4 wins is a hint though. Why would it take 4 tries to land an ultimate? The fight looks somewhat scripted. I doubt that they would put CPU’s to fight until one got an ultimate. Seems inneficiant. Plus how do you ■■■■■ up an ultimate 4 times? Theyve been doing ultras for a while so I wouldnt imagine theyre messing up inputs that consistently.

I dont think its 4 stages either. You would have to make a stage for Mira, Raam, Rash, Killgore and then accomadate for the other shillouettes they teased at the character select screen.

I think costume pack 4 is the most likely, since if I remember correctly, everyone wanted more costumes/accessories

God there is so much clickbait in this post
you are really reaching here bro. 4 wins hints = Season 4 confirmation?? Lol thats your proof? Update the forum topic please. Then complaining that a forum mod is providing useful infororation that IS actually relevant? Wow.

1 Like

Precisely, I highly doutbt the 4 had anything to do with it.

Regarding your 1st point, that just means that they’re releasing content out of season. Just because there’s a precedent to release things as part of a season, it doesn’t mean they have to follow it.

On your 2nd point, that could simply mean that they can’t continue to do it in the traditional sense - that is to say, new modes, 8+ new characters, etc. It may mean that any future seasons we may get will simply be different or even smaller in nature - and I’d be okay with that.

Finally, about your 3rd point - the game, over the course of its lifespan, has had a wide-range of pricing, all dependent on the individual purchaser at the time they purchased it. Over time, it has ranged from anywhere between free to $80+ (and probably even more than that if you were crazy enough to buy every single character and retro individually). Starting on the 15th, people who were savvy enough to pay attention could get the entirety of S1 and S2 Ultra Editions completely for free (since the former was previously on sale as part of the FGwG promotion and the latter soon will be).

I am thinking, why the devs do not want kilgore to be considered as a season 4 character. What would be the problem? Meaning season 3 is over, so practically we are in season 4. The small number of the characters doesn’t mean that they do not make a season. Either there will be a different group of characters who will belong to a season 4 or these characters are just spare material that they are giving to us. But again why not to name them season 4 characters?