We are NOT getting KI4! And here's why

Even if it’s not a direct story continuation, it would still be the 4th game in the series. So even if it’s not officially called KI4, it’s still the 4th Killer Instinct game. There is nothing wrong with calling this KI KI3 or calling the next one KI4 to simplify what game we are talking about in discussions.

1 Like

Through its popularity its known as MK9. :wink:

1 Like

I know. It’s so weird lol. Some people even call it MK 2011. This is why I wish people would either use a sequel number or a new name, but oh well. What can ya do lol.

I have to disagree simply cuz despite not being a big MK fan, I really want to see what Dark Raiden is going to do now since he was teased at the end of MKX.

I’d kinda like to see that too. Still hoping Liu Kang and Kitana are some sort of dual sub-boss though and not the real boss of the game. Don’t really want Dark Raiden as the boss either though. Curious what they’ll wind up doing.

I didn’t like MKX nearly as much as many MK fans did, as I’m not a big fan of the variations idea (though I did enjoy the new characters), but the story, plot-holed as it may be, still keeps me coming back for more.

As this applies here as well, I’m going to quote myself;

We have a situation where there are potential hints, but also what appears to be an obvious tongue in cheek joke (“look really closely and see if you can find what is new”) about the video which revealed Ultimates; it is possible that the 4 Wins is significant and hints at something, but there has not been an official confirmation about anything else.

None of us know for certain what is coming after Fulgore’s release, and we need to wait and see. There’s plenty of room for discussion and speculation about possibilities without argument.

Accept that we all need to Stay Tuned and all find out what’s next together.

1 Like

I think the 4 was put there intentionally just to get discussion going on. Because before we saw the Ultimate at the end the first two things we all noticed was timer stuck on 99 and the 4 wins for Jago. Very intentional, but does it mean anything or was it something meaningless put there because they knew it would get us talking?

The world may never know…

Well actually, we will know, just probably not very soon lol

Never said ki3 was relabeled ki gold. I said there is no ki3 you have ki gold

This thread is hilarious. People definitively talking about things they definitively know nothing about. Lol!

I’m just happy Ultimates are coming. And new characters have been announced outside of the seasonal model.

S4 very well may come, but as of right now, an official season need not be announced. KI is alive and well. KI’s future is bright.

2 Likes

Ah, misinterpreted what you said. My bad!

That’s kinda what I’ve been getting at in both this thread and other threads as well. I really don’t get anyone looking at the information we’ve been provided with and coming to a conclusion that we’re definitely getting this or definitely not getting that.

I’m not trying to mock those people either. I simply need to know more. It’d be great if we could get some exact language here. Not saying we “deserve” anything, but I think it’d help clear up some of the confusion.

I honestly feel like they were just being funny about the ultimate reveal. Being sarcastic about saying look really hard to see it and all that.

1 Like

Seems just as likely as anything else right now, if not more so.

I think all we can say definitively is that more content is coming. Whether that be in the form of a season or not really doesn’t, and should, matter. Content is content, and it is evident that the Devs are listening.

Personally, I’ve fallen in with the crowd of wanting a stop gap of sorts. I want another full blown season, hell…I’d be happy with new installment (really makes no difference to me), but I don’t need it now. They have SO MUCH great content in KI currently that can be fleshed out and/or expanded, that they can really hone in on what is here and make it outstanding!

As long as they are supporting the current game we have with fixes, and expansions of existing content, I think KI will be fine. Shore up what is here now, and take all this momentum into the next thing. No need to rush if you ask me.

2 Likes

He’s the one who said he would eat crow.

Indeed, I thinkt he highlight is that Ultimates are a thing.

Yeah… this little kid made some tasty b8, I r8 8/8.

I oughtta know better by now.

If y’all catch me poking my nose in a thread like again, please, just tell me to shut up. There are way more important threads to pump my energies into.

From now on, if it ain’t gameplay related, I ain’t payin’ it no mind. It’s better that way. :smiley:

2 Likes

In my thread I point out that I strongly believe that a S4 (or something like it) will occur, based upon the 4 wins. However, believing isn’t confirming like Skeletal said, so for the time being I’m choosing to remain hopeful and will continue speculating until an actual confirmation - after all, why tease us for nothing? In my mind it does mean something - maybe not S4, but definately something of import. So, to answer your question, it wasn’t a joke (although I nearly overstepped with my claim in the beginning). If you’d like to speculate along with me and others, my thread is wide open for ideas. :wink:

1 Like

@Iago407 @MDMMORNING @Blade4693 @CrimsonScorch88 @xSkeletalx

Well, I don’t know about you guys but I don’t think the 4 wins Has to do with anything. For all we know that could’ve been the attempt they were trying to make before they had a match where Jago kept it.

The tease could’ve been the Ultimates

2 Likes

This topic has turned into a mark war.

I’m sorry, Geek. I only caught the first post of your thread, and based on the tone I had (mis)perceived from your use of huge text and your enthusiasm, I had thought you were having a bit of satirical fun. Pretty sure I had a laugh, might have ‘liked’ it, and moved along.

I am sorry for my misunderstanding, and for professing my misunderstanding as your intent. I oughtta slow down on making a jxckass of myself around here, else Chaley’s gonna cook me a crow.

1 Like