Virtua Fighter 6 Petition (Reached 1000 Signatures)

Oh I thought lewis already had Jet Set on his list, otherwise I would’ve put it on mine, doubt. Samba de Amigo’s another great one. Same goes for Phantasy Star! Wouldn’t mind seeing another Alien Front Online, though I can’t remember if that’s Sega or if that was just a game that was on Dreamcast. I recall enjoying it though.

Another one I meant to put on there was Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. Loved both of the entries in this series!

1 Like

Samba De Amigo that was my no. 1 played game on the dreamcast. :smiley:

1 Like

lol Michael Jackson :joy:

But this one is the best :

and yes the music is from VF too…

I don’t know why SEGA is so wtf but Virtua Fighter is the best fighting game.

Best gameplay, best roster, best music, best customization, …

How can they let this franchise ? Why ? Why no VF6 ??? :sob:

2 Likes

I personally don’t think a mobile VF would work without simplifying the controls and overall system mechanics… There’s a ton of subsystem intricacies in VF that may not necessarily be in other fighters, and even if they are, it’s on a minor scale.

I believe Sega does need to put VF out in a way that is easily accessible to all players, as well as make the overall product truly appealing in all aspects. Gamers don’t just want bare bones anymore. This “sandwich” needs to have all the right trimmings and flavors, per sé… Story mode with an in-depth background for each character showing how they all are integral to the main story is essential. There are so many unanswered questions regarding the J-6 organization and everything else that reading the instruction manual doesn’t really cut it anymore.

Sega should actually bring back the in-depth tutorial found in VF4:Evo. They attempted it in VF5FS, but it still pales in comparison to the original tutorial. You could learn all the ins and outs of the game, in conjunction with going through individual character tutorials so you could understand the overall objective/play-style for each character. There was even an in-game method of finding possible combos based on each move regardless of the hit type (NH, CH, etc), which opened up a ton of other possibilities regarding sabaki setups, ni-taku/san-taku setups, etc…

I really feel that VF6 could be something big, but again the ball is in Sega’s court. They have the support of their fans, both pro and casual. They need to be more personal and approachable, listen to the fans, and provide feedback. Sega has done this in Japan for VF, why not do the same for the rest of the world???

1 Like

An art style change and a bit more (optional) flashy stuff might be needed.

Not to the DoA extreme but Tekken always had the more attractive characters who always sparked my interest more.
As for art style, SNK artists doing Capcom games or Capcom doing Tekken characters was refreshing IMO. I wouldn’t mind Sega opting for a new style to shed their “boring” look.

Other ideas:

• design for MS Scorpio as a trial to test the market?

• Online focus: online practice options, online tourney modes, etc.

• combo trial builder. You design combos with a max duration of 4-5 seconds and others can download them for a challenge.

• free to play with 6 starting characters would have my preference. Story mode should focus on individual stories rather than an integrated story that makes no sense as a whole…

• a vf4evo tutorial but I think the resources to do this might not be enough.

but the phone version doesn’t have to be as in depth as the console version the only reason i said that because is Sega doing a lot of stuff in the mobile market. Have their main developer make the console version and have a smaller developer make the phone port. Would you consider street fighter 4 a complicated game but not as much as Virtua Fighter but last time i check you only need 3 buttons in Virtua fighter so it would be easier for phone people to play. It doesn’t have to be same or play exactly the same just needs the same name and same characters so if someone that owns it on the phone might want to pick it up on the PC,XBO,PS4,3DS, and Potentially the NX. By saying phone i’m trying to get the most sales, reach the widest audience and if it succeeds enough we could get a Virtua Fighter 7.

Virtua Fighter doesn’t need to change at all to be more flashy or casual no way, like what combo assist in VF ? lol rip SEGA if they do that fans will kill them.

This game is for people who love art martial and pure figthing games like Japan arcade. Not all video games are for kids or casuals fortunately.

VF just needs to be next gen and fresh but no way it has to change a lot, gameplay is perfect.

And btw all the versions of Virtua Fighter 5 sold more than 2 millions, so… still better than Street Fighter V.

It’s just SEGA they scare, and they don’t know if they can make a better VF than VF5 i guess.

And the trolls who say VF has to be a phone game get outta here.

VF is a hardcore game with a solid reputation and considered by a lot as the best fighting game ever, it has always been played on arcade and on fight stick.

Virtua Fighter a phone game… rofl …

Funk the casuals ok ?

All the versions of Virtua Fighter 5 sold more than 2 millions.

Like wtf ? go make Tekken or Killer Instinct casuals but don’t touch VF ok ?

And they made VF so perfect and deep to make it like a flashy game garbage and mashing for casual noobs.

No way it never gonna happen, just learn the game as everyone did.

It’s called VF cause it’s VF. Go make Dead or Alive for the casual girls if you want, but not with Virtua Fighter for the real men.

if your responding to what i said then you must not have read or comprehended what i was saying. I was never Saying Change the game or make it less complicated. All i was saying is make a less complicated phone version made by a different studio to get more people in the game without hurting the game or the hard core fan base. The other things I agree with you on no flashiness or combo assist because that not what it needs but what it does need is to have the best and most in depth tutorial in fighting game history so more people will and can play so the franchise can grow and gain more sequels to appeal to the passionate fans like you @SonicBros3D. Virtua fighter can be great all it wants but if Sega doesn’t have the confidence in the franchise then you will never get another virtua fighter game again. So thats why I proposed a the free to play model along side being on every device imaginable i.e IOS,Android,Steam,Windows10,XBO,PS4,3DS, and potentially the nx. Because we all Know fighting games are niche and Virtua Fighter is even nicher so lets help it grow.

With all the versions Virtua Fighter 5 sold more than 2 millions.

For a “niche” “fighting game”, that’s great !!!

VF on mobile… Just forget about it lol :joy:

There is a lot of tutorials on YouTube, and on the website VFDC + the VF community is great to help and learn the game.

We already have Tekken 7 coming why would we want a Virtua Fighter? for the love of god just ask for a SF3 HD Remix or a Last Blade 2 HD Remake. Something thats actually interesting

You missed 2 things about what VF6 needs, New characters & a Story mode.

3 Likes

You probably don’t know VF to say that joke… ?

I’ll drop any game all dayz for a new Virtua Fighter.

And yes 2 new characters, a new male and female character maybe ?

Quest mode > story mode ?

In fact VF just needs to be next gen i think lol…

2 Likes

what does VF bring to the table that Tekken 7 does not? its pretty much the same style of game. If Capcom is going to spend money on a remake of some old IP it had better be SF3 HD Remix or hell bring Marvel vs Capcom 3 to PC and current gen consoles

If look at VF series it dosn’t need to bring that much except new characters (Possibly Guest Characters) & a story mode.

1 Like

If Capcom actually wastes money on VF before they actually do a SF3 HD Remix I won’t ever buy another title from them again. Doing a VF game instead of a SF3 HD remake is a slap in the face of old school fighting game fans.

Capcom doesn’t own VF Sega dose.

2 Likes

ok well then carry on, once its not Capcom’s money I have no business in what sega does since I don’t play their games.

lol you really don’t know VF, that’s why !

Go watch some gameplays, tournaments, or go to VFDC…

Call me when you can do that in Tekken or another fighting games :

Virtua Fighter is so >>>>>>>>>> on every points, gameplay, roster, musics, game modes, customization,… everything.