Ultra David Tweeting about KI

Better than what? He’s taking 2 different sides on the same argument! You can’t both like and hate an apple. You can, however like an apple and hate an orange. You see what I’m sayin’?

1 Like

Edited my post for better clarification. :wink:

You mean you don’t read threads from the beginning!? :open_mouth:

Not all the time.

Then again… I’m a skimmer.

Well yeah if he sees things he doesn’t like, he should have suggestions or opinions on how to change things. Saying outright that this is bad or doesn’t work means nothing if you can’t offer a solution or suggestion to it.

We will see how this plays out. EVO is done and S3 is coming to a close. Lets see where we go from here.

Right out with you this minute young man and think about what you just said :wink:

#…What?

No, I’m asking - if someone doesn’t play the game, why should their opinions be relevant?

I see your whole ‘uncomfortable amount’ point, but raise you a 30+% increase in tournament attendance across the board. That doesn’t look like a mass exodus to me.

I’m not here saying git gud. I’m trying to git gud myself, son.

I’m saying we need to chill a little. So many doomsayers, can’t seem to see the forest from the trees. Multiple big names are telling me about it. Multiple new recruits climbing on the bodies. Tournament attendance up. Sales/downloads up. Advertising up.

I don’t think it’s all downhill, is what I’m saying. Things are pretty different, maybe. But growth IS, Jack.

4 Likes

Well, then how can you know the whole story then? Remember, it’s about the journey, not the destination. :wink:

Sure you can read the end of the book 1st, but if you do, then a large part of the plot is lost on you until you go back and read the whole thing - once you do that the whole thing just comes together and makes more sense.

It’s like the famous plot of “OMG! He’s been dead the entire time!?” props to anyone who gets that reference

You won’t understand why or even what the story is about until you start from the beginning, so take the time to go back and start from the beginning. History teaches us things so that we may do better in the future - time to learn from your mistake, so go back in time, as it were, and get the whole picture.

Another reason to argue logically and with reason - history is written by the victors.

This is such a serious subject, and it is being taken entirely out of context, and slandered.

THIS SUBJECT is where we as a community need to find a balance and work toward a better future for KI. But instead people are blindly avoiding it as “scrub talk”.

At this point, EVERY pro player and EVERY commentator could come out and say “we dont like this” and im positive that everyone on this forum would say “GET GUD SCRUB”.
I hope this changes in the future, before it damages KI more than it has.

I dont think i have ever rage-quit from a thread before, but im doing it now. i cant bear to read any more of this community suicide.

Make as many snarky remarks as you like… i wont read them.

TBH Geek… This time that wasn’t the case.

But enough about what I did wrong (or right)

I’m going to get a drink and leaving this thread

Bye.

1 Like

…and another 1 bites the dust!

Ignorance is bliss…

…until you find out the truth.

Come on, guys, we’re not talking about Fouseytube, who has a god-complex where he views himself as above every human being on Earth :smirk:

David may have just been tweeting about aspects in Season 3 that he flound distasteful. He didn’t write the tweets in a way that made them look like rants or “poor opinions” but rather just his own general opinions about what he liked and didn’t like about it. Although I’ve never known David until now, I’ve found nothing wrong about his tweets. I mean, it wasn’t like he was expecting a vast majority of the KI community to side with him. Am I right!? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t recall ever telling the experts to “get gud” - only to explain the reasoning behing their statements, arguments, and opinions, which both Dave and Paul aren’t really doing. As a matter of fact, all Paul is doing is echoing Dave’s opinion. He’s doing exactly what I’m telling the community NOT to do.

1 Like

Lol when does Paul ever give logical explanations?

5 Likes

We’re not having at go at him tho. He has things he doesn’t like and that’s fair enough. But instead of him just griping about it he should go into why he feels as he does and maybe offer a suggestion.
If he went into his problems I’m sure the community or maybe even the devs would respond constructively.

True. He could have gone into more detail about his complaints on the KI forums. I’m not someone who talks about the opinions of others, but although I respect David’s opinions, being his own opinions, he should have went a bit more in depth about them.

1 Like

It’s difficult because on one hand, a developer needs to listen to everyone, so yes, everyone’s opinion has value, from the casual that just picked it up yesterday to the tourney pros that are very well in tune to this particular game and its multitude of intricacies or the genre as a whole (or both).

Yes, the opinion of a guy like David might carry more weight in terms of getting people’s attention, but because I don’t know how informed his opinion is as far as KI in particular is concerned, I don’t know how much weight his opinion should carry, and I’d hope that more people would recognize that.

Now, as a long time player with tons of genre knowledge? Yeah, I absolutely believe his opinion has real, tangible value. But I really can’t say how much his prior genre experience converts to or conflicts with a game like KI. I’m sure that sometimes it converts perfectly, while other times, he might let his own knowledge work against him.

I don’t know. I obviously can’t say that for certain because I’ve never met the guy and had a nice long conversation with him about the game or his expectations for it. What I can say is that because I don’t know how his past affects this game or how deep his knowledge of this particular game goes, that his opinion, while certainly valid, might not hold as much weight as some pros that know this game inside and out.

If pros have strong opinions on what they believe would make the game as a whole better, then I’m sure many people, including the devs, would want to listen to their well reasoned ideas. The hard part can come from determining what’s objective critiquing and what’s the other stuff.

The other stuff I’ve seen, from time to time, tends to fall in to categories such as “I don’t like change and you keep changing things” or “you changed my character and now I have to relearn them” or “stop making things so complicated.” Or just a bunch of subjective negativity that certain people feel should be listened to for reasons passing understanding.

Obviously, that’s not all I hear. Not even close. But the idea that we should just bow our heads and listen to everything, even the subjective stuff, just because certain people have more technical expertise or proficiency isn’t something I can get on board with.

I don’t believe that MS/IG should dismiss anyone’s opinion, and I think that the idea that someone’s opinion “matters” more is, in and of itself, a bit of a misnomer. An opinion can be more informed in specific areas, no question. But opinions can be valuable for a variety of different reasons.

I just think that in addition to thinking critically about feedback, we also think critically about how we balance that feedback against our own views, plus how we weigh one particular message from one particular part of the community against the perceived wants and needs of other parts of the community, because at the end of the day, pros need to have a viable, well balanced game (in terms of priorities), while casuals need something fun, accessible and exciting, and everyone in between needs a combination of all of the above in greater or lesser degrees.

6 Likes

Hence why I often question why the community listens to him. Being great at the game doesn’t automatically mean “what you say goes” at all or that people should listen to you. It only means that you may be more informed, but if you keep that information to yourself, then the game cannot and will not improve. Simply saying “I like or hate this” is not enough and never has been, in any debate.

The ONLY purpose Paul’s initial post serves is to start a discussion, and so far it’s not the discussion we need. There have been very few direct responses to Dave’s opinions regarding certain characters because he doesn’t give us enough info or insight in his Tweets as to how or why he came to those opinions. all we can really do is say we agree or disagree, but that still fails to explain how or why. Both Paul and Dave need to give us a reason so we can continue to properly grow this discussion and make a difference like they may want.

What I find interesting is that Paul posted Dave’s tweets in the 1st place. They don’t really explain anything to truly warrant a discussion to begin with (hence why I asked why we should care in my very 1st reply) and yet here we are…

3 Likes