Ultra David Tweeting about KI

Nicely put buddy. I agree 100%.

With all due respect, why should I care about someone’s subjective point of view?

I would understand if said person added constructive feedback or a logical standpoint as to why the characters were good/bad.

I could care less if someone doesn’t like Jagos hair because it’s stupid. Those opinions don’t apply to me nor do they interest me in the slightest.

Food for thought.

5 Likes

Re-read my post. I didnt say he ever made any good posts. I said it would help us if he did.

Cute try on the call-out, though.

The ONLY difference between him and the rest of us is that, as an expert, he is more knowledgable and informed than we are, but that does not mean that we, as the non-experts, can’t also make a logical and well-thought-out case towards improving the game that the devs will listen to, nor does it mean that, as an expert, that he won’t make mistakes or selfish and uninformed choices and/or decisions. The devs will willingly listen to anyone with a reasonable argument regardless of their status within the community if it stands to make their game a better game.

2 Likes

James Chen would never make Tweets like that. Max would never make tweets like that about SF. And if he did, they wouldn’t change a thing.

MS listens to its player base
forums and competitors. Come on
 you know Keits would never listen to a tweet like that!! He would probably tell David to come up with solutions as to why it bothers him and how he can get around it before saying get rid of it.

Id love to see Keits respond to this tweet!

1 Like

So if he only makes negatives comments without any positive surely he just doesn’t like the game then?

Regardless of being positive or negative, logical and well-thought-out reasons must be given if change is to be made (and through the proper channels). With that said, a negative opinion can be made positively to better be heard. :wink:

3 Likes

Does anything he love in the game ? Seems only ranting mode here.

Let it be known that I think jagos hair is the best in most fighting games. The style and texture is awesome.

2 Likes

No, I get that. He didn’t say anything good about KI. But he didn’t provide any reasoning his negative opinions either. He just made a bunch of whinging noise, and you seem to suggest that because he’s a hi-profile SF commentator, he has gravitas by virtue and therefore should be listened to. That is false, my friend. He doesn’t provide any information that garners attention, just some likes and dislikes without explanation. The problem is, as a hi-profile member of the FGC, many of us WILL grant him gravitas by virtue of stature, and base their opinions around his without endeavoring to understand his opinions. That is not good. UltraDavid did a not-good thing. Not a bad thing, per se, but a not-good thing.

I think you put a little TOO MUCH emphasis on the opinions of those in high esteem, and TOO LITTLE emphasis on what and why they are forming those opinions.

2 Likes

His stance is the point I’ve been making from the very beginning and yet you discredit my post(s) and not his (and in fact praised his) simply because he said it better (and in simpler terms)? Interesting

Yeah I agree with that. A constructive debate or opinion on the ‘flaws’ is always more beneficial to all parties.
A solution or suggestions instead of picking holes

1 Like

Damn, is it really THAT easy to bait you guys?

10 Likes

Yes.

EDIT: 15CHAR

When it’s about KI then yes, we’re passionate fans dammit.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Who’s being baited and how?

If you’re referring to why we would reply to something so inane, my answer to that is simple - it gives me something to do and starts what I believe to be a rather productive discussion.

1 Like

You are expecting someone who deosnt play the game to give you in-depth descriptions of why the things he doesnt like are justified. Thats not going to happen.

And its not just him. Its an uncomfortable amount of pros and commentators. And it is only growing. Some of it is in forms that you cant even see. People straight up QUITTING KI because they know that their opinions mean nothing. And you guys are writing all of this off as unjustified, or saying “git gud”.

The damage is progressing, and MULTIPLE big-names are telling you about it, and you refuse to listen.

1 Like

I fail to understand the point of this.

I don’t care who this ultra david guy is or what he has contributed to the FGC, he is ONE PERSON with his own set of opinions. I’m not saying his opinions are invalid. I’m saying that the devs shouldn’t treat his thoughts like they’re the Bible, and don’t give me that crap of “the competitive community agrees with me,” because you are only speaking for yourself and maybe a few friends that you’ve talked to.

Besides, his opinions of characters are pretty understandable. He likes how some characters fight and he hates how others fight. Isn’t that true of pretty much every fighting game? I have gone on record saying that I hate how characters like Riptor and Tusk are designed (which are favorable matchups for my characters, btw). And don’t even get me started on other games like Smash Bros. But does that mean that it’s such a big problem that the game should be changed around that? No. And I don’t think ultradavid is trying to make that happen either. He’s just expressing his opinion because that is what you do on the internet.

Paul, if you want to express an opinion, express your own. Don’t use someone else to back up your stance.

17 Likes

@SonicDolphin117 I can’t like your post more than once. :’(