Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

@VladKravich I didnt mind how the story was laid I didn’t mind that it wasn’t an outright retelling of MK4 but what I was more bothered was just how the characters were handled. I’m admittedly still salty about Johnny Cage somehow being the main star of the game. There’s a bunch of others I’d have issues with to, but those are just minor.

I have to admit it, the main reason I even played MK9 so long was that it even had a co-op latter on it, which was amazing as ■■■■! my brother and I would play that over and over again! I wish MKX had done the same thing.

Well alot of the screams the characters make when they get defeated do make that sound already. So you can just make it to where those sounds play.

2 Likes

In the year that I have played MK9 I also loved the story. I played it about 5-8 times. It was like I was watching a movie. Only downside was Reptile wasn’t playable in the story and he lost to stryker of all people.

anywho the ultimates in this game are decent TJ’s is probably my least favorite and I think Riptors is good, (Its not what I was hoping for, but not bad)

1 Like

You don’t say…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Being top 5 when there are no fighing games that are hugely played nowadays isnt something to be proud about, sfv and mkx ran out of gas, smash melee is as niche as always and idk anything about weeby gear tbh.

Well at least injustice 2 and mahvel 4 could resurrect the genre

In my opinion KI is No1, sorry those other games let you down.
Great graphics, excellent combo engine, the game is deep.
The only thing I dont like is Rash, when I run a lobby, and
he shows up, I kick em off the lobby right away.

He is the only one I do that to- Im sorry.

I have injustice 1 and the combo system reminds me of stick figures poking each other,
I hope number 2 is better. I do like Marvel though.

Well I don’t know abiout you all but here was some reasons for why the ultimates, stated by Mr. Tempus himself

As for the nostalgia factor

Who is this guy?
Is he like one of the original devs?
Can I fight him?

Who was he talking to?
Ask him what he thinks about Riptor’s Ultimate?

That’s pretty unfair don’t you think? maybe if you ask for pointers you can easily unload the hurt on the toad? : P

IDK I think it’s sad that if people think the FG genre needs to be revived by games that don’t even have an original roster sounds silly. If only people in the community didn’t bicker so much though, hell people fight more than the actual characters do, which is hilariously silly.

He’s infact, the BOSS of the dev team, at least that’s the vibe I get .3.

1-yes, Tongue, wreaking ball, juggle punch repeat X60 = Kicked from lobby.
Thats is not fun.

2-I wonder who his main is? It would be cool to meet them, know there mains etc…

You can try breaking that stuff or asking people how to beat it. What if someone kept kicking you for using Riptor?

You right, Im being lazy, plus I really dont like rash.
I guess mabey Ill practice against the computer now
that they put the AI in god mode it’s better then the
dojo.

TempusChaoti aka Adam Isgreen is pretty much the head of MS KI team right under Ken Lobb. So yeah, he pretty much runs the show.

"Tempus (pronounced TEM-pus), also known as the Lord of Battles, was the god of war. "
Cool… I think he is in charge of straightening some things out.

Ive been doing some thinking, TempusChaoti is the guy who at least
leads the story development. And I found out what the KI story
is based on. I wont tell, but I know. you will have to find out for your self.

Wut.

The clues are in my last two comments.
(If you figure it out, keep it to your self)

Just whipped up a quick visual (and audio) example to better illustrate my point:

1 Like

Adam Isgreen’s official title is “Creative Director” for KI. He is very involved in the game’s story, among other things. He does participate in these forums as well.