Kilgore... Ultimate

Honestly I’m not sure how they’re going to make all of these fire finishers unique.

Jago flames them to death, Tusk flames/stabs them to death, Fulgore beams/burns them to death.

If everyone gets an ultimate there will be Cinder, Riptor and Kilgore that could potentially have fire related finishers. That’s a lot of fire, I just hope they can make them all unique enough. Honestly Jago’s and Fulgores are pretty much the same exact thing, thematically.

1 Like

They are not going to show the body burning up, so people need to let the fire issue go. The ultimate is about finishing the match with a move, and it not about setting someone on fire.

Tell this to KI classics… Pff.

Do people really need to see what happens to the body after say a Fulgore Ultimate?I’m pretty sure the intent is there that whoever it hits,isnt surviving it.

Adam Isgreen has stated that it’s intentionally left up to interpretation whether or not the opponent dies.

Jumping back in the conversation for a moment, let me put some words in my own mouth -

We knew Eyedol would come back in S3 before we started S3. It wasn’t iffy or unconfirmed- our plan was to have the entire KI 1/2 arcade roster back by S3.

From Ken: Eyedol in KI arcade was built in 3 days, so there was not a lot of deep thought put into his design. Ken thinks it was cheap boss and while that was fun for the time, he doesn’t consider Eyedol anywhere close to a quality character in terms of fighting game characters. “Not our best work” is an appropriate way to say it.

From me: I was totally honest in finding original Eyedol to be “goofy”. While I’m a huge fan of Ray Harryhausen and his work, Eyedol seemed to be drawn from the later Simbad films wherein all the creatures got goofy, not like Spinal, who was closer to early Harryhausen work and awesome in focus.

Most of the team at DH and IG also found Eyedol’s original form pretty silly.

We saved Eyedol for last because, as I’ve said, we needed time to figure out how to “un-goofy” him from his original form. The split head concept was what I believed would satisfy the bi-cyclops aspect of the original while also adding a ton to his backstory and keeping him out of the typical tropes that two-headed creatures fall into.

Nostalgia is a great thing, but we can’t lean too heavily on it, especially for a series that was dormant for 20 years. Keeping Eyedol looking the same for the new version wasn’t an option for us (that’s why we do retro costumes) because times have changed since KI first released, and the old Eyedol wasn’t going to fit in the world we’re building with KI’s lore.

As for why Cinder doesn’t have an ultimate yet while Kilgore does, it’s because Cinder’s needs to be really special as we already have two “toasting” ultimates, and didn’t want to rush to a “he burns the opponent up” one. As the guy who wrote Cinder’s trailer and established his new persona and attitude (remember when Cinder took over the KI Twitter? Guess who that was), he means a lot to me, and that means I wanted time to make sure he got a really unique one when his turn comes around.

So if you’re looking for someone to blame for that, I’m right here. Come at me, bro.

27 Likes

Well the diffrenc e being is when Jago throws his big endokuken bomb, they end up like burned ham.
Fulgore’s on the other hand blows to ashes so much, they would have to add whats left of him in a vase.

I think that Fulgore landed on whats left of the enemy after he destroyed them.

How likely would it be for us to get more details in the character inspirations when you guys are making them? It was recently revealed that some of TJ’s new backstory in this KI was inspired by Rukari’s actual life, and we know the length you guys went with the Nez perce for redesigning Thunder. I imagine almost every character in the game has some interesting background inspirations/stories that we don’t know about yet.

Like ARIA for example, I would love to know what led to her creation/design/backstory.

Lol I just find that stuff fascinating. I would pay good money for a full lenght KI documentary :wink:

@TempusChaoti

I understand fully now what your choice is. If anything maybe have Cinder use his trail blazer and go all out and strike the opponent a bunch of times and stick some bombs on them. Maybe fireworks?

I expect that it’ll be challenging but I have faith you guys can do it. Thank you again for the amazing Ultimates!

I hope Cinder will be here in the third pack, take the time you need to make his Ultimate awesome and interesting.

1 Like

If this is accurate writing, then you just confirmed that Cinder is getting an ultimate.

Maybe I’m reading into things.

Love the behind-the-scenes story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which is smart by them.But i still think they all die :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t look into that, that doesn’t really confirm anything. Cinder may not be one of the 15 but I hope he does get one. If not hopefully the time taken before if/when they decide to do the Ultimates for the rest of the cast we’ll have a uniqe one.

Can RAAM get an Ult. pls? Would like to see how that would go :slight_smile:

Confirmed-Pack 4 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hopefully this means all the cast will get an ultimate in the future. I’m not holding my breath though. If not, the community can always fight to get it.

(SF2 voice) Round, One… FIGHT!

2 Likes

Wait! could this be the elemental pack maybe?
Ooohhh I hope so.

I’d love to take this as hope that one day orchid could have her awesome due and I don’t mind waiting until

Or at least another KI ultra Fan bok

1 Like

That would be sick! I wasn’t around when the first one was a thing (Was that like a launch collectors item?) so it would be sick to get another one.

I think if I could pick one thing though, I would like to see one of those huge Marvel/DC styled encyclopedias but for KI. That would be so amazing! Have some sick notes from the devs detailing all of the creation process for each new character and the redesigns for the new ones. Have detailed character profiles for the in-story lore like the S2 backstories and dossiers just the whole wombo combo all things about this KI from when IG started to whenever they decide it is time to move on.

TLDR: Essentially my most wanted KI item would be KI history book/encyclopedia.

PLEASE MICROSOFT AND IRON GALAXY PLEASE DO IT.

1 Like