Ultimates Ultra Pack

Bite bite bite! Om nom nom nom! Chow chow chow! Yum yum yum! Yummy yummy yummy!

1 Like

@KIFANATIC8488 @Hayabusaslice @JEFFRON27

6 Likes

I wish people would remember that one of Thunder’s finishers in the old game was just an uppercut, that turned Sabrewulf into a can of dog food

15 Likes

It’s a funny one though.

3 Likes

Chomp chomp chomp! Munch munch munch!

3 Likes

(Looks Up Thunder’s Old Finisher on every character)

He’s not lying

Thunder also turns Riptor into a giant slab of steak, falling from the godlike heavens above.

4 Likes

No way man. You must be lying. KI was a dark, gritty, serious game about a dystopian future with violent and extreme finishing moves that were dead serious and clearly showed the impact of certain death every time. Not like the colorful, Saturday morning cartoon crap of this game.

Kappa

13 Likes

That was good sarcasm.

4 Likes

LOL
beautiful.

I find it funny how people keep going on about how dark KI1 was
when honestly the only thing that made it dark was the lack of backgrounds for the cut scenes
and Jago’s temple

Well, it was gritty but also very comical. It was the perfect combination of both.

2 Likes

research the original ultimates? dude I have the games, they had on screen stabbing, jago’s fire blast in KI2 completely burned the opponent ablaze, which means his current ultimate(which I admit looks awesome minus the lack of burns) is actually weaker than his older ultimate. TJ uppercut you so hard you never came back down, which alone although simple is better than his current. Tusk made meteors rain down on you,(granted his current ultimate Is really cool I just don’t like the offscreen stab at the end) Thunder’s electrocution wasn’t implied it was shown, and burned you. fulgore in KI2 left nothing but a pile of ashes left
or shot you whichever you prefer.(which again his current is awesome and matches perfectly with what he’s always had)

No one is asking for MKX scale fatalities, We just want the ultimates to 1: Be on par with the old ones or better. 2: NOT be censored or implied

Remember when Jago made a car land on you or when Orchid gave you a heart attack? those were dumb AF BUT they were hilarious thus making them MEMORABLE and GOOD

What I expect is what we’ve always got in this series, not a watered down version of what could have been.

1. Subjective
  2. They aren’t censored and the game is rated T now
2 Likes

ok fine 1 is subjective. but they actually are censored. the original games were T when they released and were changed recently for their re-release when packaged with this game.(which subsequently makes this game M when you get the bundle)

like I said, the game should be how it always was. Though I suppose its the ESRB’s fault since they can’t make up they’re minds on what is or isn’t allowed. what makes this more annoying is that there are other T games with on screen violence(though those games were made before KI2013 when the company had different people working in it so that plays a role in the system as well.)

They’re not censored:

The only time this game has been censored was Hisako’s naginata going through the opponent’s body during her influence move. That is it. KI 1 and 2 were rated T on the SNES and N64 which were toned down compared to the arcade versions and now they’re rated M.

It doesn’t matter that other T rated games are explicitly showing violence on screen:

To pull one more quote from Adam Isgreen:

This isn’t the same game as 20 years ago. It’s a different developer and they have their own vision for KI.

5 Likes

There are many different types of censorship, not showing something is 1 of the types. In this particular circumstance however, while the traditional use of the word doesn’t apply, this counts as either soft-censorship or self-censorship.

it does mater what other games did because this is a continuation of a series, a series that has a history of doing it. by removing that you remove something that fans like about it. It gives the feeling that something is missing

I don’t care what line their riding, I’m giving my feedback for the game I love in hopes that it leads to the game reaching its full potential. It isn’t just me either as plenty of other people not just on this site but other sites as well are asking for better ultimates.

Even if you completely disregard the past games, and treat this as something brand new and pretend it has no predecessors, It doesn’t change the issue that people are disappointed in some of the ultimates.

Something that was clearly never intended to be shown in the first place cannot be called censorship.Why?Because it doesnt even exist,therefore it cannot be censored to begin with

So in closing we can call it - Doesntevenexistbutwecangiveitacensorshipnicnameanyway

self-censorship is the act of not showing something in the first place. what I said did not need to be corrected.

In this case you are wrong.There is no type of censorship going on.Something that doesnt clearly exist cannot be labeled as censored.Whether you agree with their reasoning or not doesnt take away from the fact nothing has been censored.

It does exist, the model’s and animation are right there. The Camera is simply pointed the other way.

1 Like

Read the quote, the ultimates aren’t being censored by any means. There’s no soft or self censorship, the devs have made ultimates as they intended to make them.

Again, read the quote, the devs aren’t going to lean on nostalgia too heavily for a game that was dead for 20 years. The history of the game doesn’t matter as long as they’re remaining faithful to a lot of the core of what KI was. The core of KI was the loud announcer, the menagerie of characters, the combo system, and the music. It was never about the somewhat over-the-top, yet silly violence.

It’s fine to not like the ultimates, but this feedback has already been addressed over and over. The devs are not going to explicitly show the killing blow. Everyone just has to deal with that, but it seems like every time a new ultimate is shown we have go through this.

A small amount of people here and on other sites are unsatisfied with the ultimates and want better ones. So what? What do you want the devs to do about it? Make newer, better ultimates? Make changes, possibly drastic changes to them? I can tell you that certainly won’t happen, that just isn’t realistic. I wouldn’t exactly call a dissatisfied minority of players an issue.

2 Likes