Ultimates Ultra Pack

In my opinion Shadow Jago’s Ultimate is still the best! Trying to understand Riptor’s Ultimate. Missing jaw bite, but burning body? The top Ultimates other than Shadow Jago’s so far are Tusk, Jago’s, Sadira’s, & Fulgore’s, Looking forward in seeing Spinal’s.

Spinal isn’t getting one.

Both sides need to show respect, period.

1 Like

I agree with you. People are free to like or dislike whatever they want but I really enjoy this one. Riptor’s time out animation (where she curls up) is the most awesome animation in the game that never gets seen - so I’m glad to see it show up here.

3 Likes

Specifically, I think my issue with the presentation of this Ultimate is the very end of it. All I see is Riptor doing her short-range flame breath animation, and a plain camera angle of Riptor lying down for the results screen.

I would have liked to see some better indication that Ritpor is doing a much more powerful flame breath than what she does in-match, and an adorable close-up on her sleeping at the end. That would make the scene good for me.

1 Like

The white fade out during the flame breath is the only part that bugs me. They should have shown the flames hitting the opponent similar to how they showed Fulgore’s hype beam. There wouldn’t even need to be any blood or anything.

not trolling just don’t know if I’m allowed to say it because of @rukizzel

1 Like

About Kilgore? What else could you say?

Fx_x no! Quit liking stuff! :slight_smile:

People should respect one another regardless of likes or dislikes.

2 Likes

Only when you start liking stuff :grin:

not sure if joke, or what lol. If you don’t like something but respect the people who do like it then the same can be done to you : >

I like Riptor’s Ultimate and you don’t which is fine, we’ll agree to disagree : >

2 Likes

Not too keen on the ultimates myself, they come across as an action scene from a Saturday morning kids cartoon. By that I mean they are very cinematic but also don’t push the violence bar. The original ultimates pretty much made death clear apart from one or two (TJ comes to mind) however this time it’s not even implied in some of them.

I think you can have a violent finisher and show very little, I’ll attempt to explain below.

Here Bruce is about to kill the villain O’Hara and you never see the impact.

Yet you hear the crushing of bones the screams of agony, Bruce lifts his foot and walks away. Cut to a shot of O’Hara bloody clearly dead but the actual impact is never seen. This is still a very violent scene and yet the actual violence is unseen.

Thunder’s Ultimate for instance could use that bone crunching sound and the agonizing screams from the defeated opponent to convey something has actual happened. As it stands he just comes down but we’re unsure if he actual stomps on them, it’s all implied.

This is my only gripe really you can imply violence and STILL have a very violent scene

1 Like

The developers deliberately want to keep the death ambiguous, though. And screams of agony would best be done by getting all the voice actors back, which probably isn’t an option for the devs.

Though I do think some of the Ultimates still come off as pretty brutal even though they don’t explicitly show the final blow or have any death screams. Like Maya’s and Tusk’s.

5 Likes

How each character takes it.

Thank you so much for making this.
I fell so much better.

1 Like

actually that ins’t hard to do, just use the death screams in the game.

So it’s unique for each character? Cool, who did they perform it on when you saw it?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Really? You guys couldn’t tell that was a joke?! You guys just on edge, ready to snap! Nom nom nom!

2 Likes