Ultimate Pack 2

Because that’s apparently where one previous forum member guess at the theme of the Ultimate pack 2. And Sadira is actually part of an assassin’s clan how worked for UT during the original season 1 story in some capacity, but in Season 2, ARIA decided she outlasted her usefulness and sent Cinder to “deal with her.” Her base alignment isn’t UT, it’s to herself and her clan.

Yes, there is a switch in logic, but still a valid point of argument, still tied to the theme of UT. Cinder was UT back in KI 1, Sadira (if you do count her as an UT agent) is much newer to the series. You have so much to work off of with some of his older material and finishers, and there’s a certain loyalty too.

Listen, I’ll be honest with you. Yes, I’m a bit salty mad right now, so I’m not even going to try and hide it. Don’t mistake me though on this, it’s not that I don’t think Sadira doesn’t deserve one at all, because she does and I’m happy for you, so enjoy it. But yes, I do feel like they are trying to sidestep loyalty to an old character to sensationalize what might be more underutilized characters, and I feel like Cinder more often than not is the easiest one to pick on for that.

So to be fair, yes, a lot of main character loyalty and support from me right now, and saltiness coming there from. But the truth is, I think ALL characters do deserve ultimates, but at this moment, I’m not sure it’s gonna happen. I’m, at this moment, prepared to accept Cinder will NOT have an Ultimate at all for the current longevity of this game’s life cycle, and if he does ever get one, it’ll be at a point beyond caring at all, like “why bother?”

I’m grateful for what IG does for us, but there are moments where I disagree with some of their decisions. Still it’s their right as developers, and even if Cinder doesn’t get an ultimate, I’ll at least offer my thanks that they at least made this happen for some of the characters. It was a long time coming, but it happened.

I appreciate the sentiment, and hope you can put her Ultimate to good use. It’s probably gonna be like some sort of thing where she cocoons them in spider webs and summons spiders to feed on the opponent or something. My guess anyway, maybe summon Shelob or something to feast.

2 Likes

Guessing what a character’s side is versus how much on that side they are might not be the same thing though. Do you think they took just how Ultratech a character is into consideration?

Or do you think they were going 2-2-1 and Sadira fits this group for season one, whereas they decided to go with Riptor and Aria from season 2?

So I’m not really sure that being a contracted employee versus full time employee (regardless of what happened in the story) really factored in here much, do you?

Why do you think old material is helpful here? If anything, that just sets fans up for disappointment. Do any of the first five Ultimates look like old, classic Ultimates? Unless I’m misremembering (it’s late, so that’s possible), I don’t believe they do.

I also don’t believe that they’re starved for ideas and need to look at the old games for inspiration. I could see them using the turret head for Fulgore or Kilgore, but I’ll be shocked if there are any more than that.

I can see why you think this appeal to history argument is valid, but I personally disagree. IG has worked to create a ton of great characters in this game, I don’t see why they should have to put their creations (or DH’s creation) at the back of the line for this or anything else.

I really don’t see what loyalty has to do with it at all when there are many old and new players. At this point, isn’t showing loyalty to the whole fan base that’s wanted Ultimates enough? Why do they have to now go back and prioritize loyalty based on who played back in the day? That logic seems a tad self-serving and as I said before, somewhat arbitrary.

I don’t blame you one bit. Sorry if I sound like I’m trying to pick a fight here. It’s definitely not my intention.

Loyalty to an old character in favor of propping up an underutilized character? I really doubt it’s that much of a conspiracy here. I think they just took two characters from season one, two from season two, and one from season three. Sadira fits the bill for season one along with Fulgore. Kilgore is literally the only UT character in season 3. In season two, Cinder had more competition. I really think that’s all it was.

I just really hope it has to do with summoning that giant spider. I don’t care if it’d be utterly nonsensical on some levels.

Anyways man, I’m really sorry your guy seems shut out for now. I also really hope they don’t limit it to 15 and can ultimately finish the rest of the cast. Hope I wasn’t too much of a knob here. I know you’re angry and you have every right to be. Didn’t mean to come off like I was trying to take that away or anything. think I’ll kinda shut up about this now, as I don’t want to rub salt in the wound any more than I already have.

I doubt Sadira’s ultimate will be anything close to that dramatic, more than likely it’ll involve her basic moves and maybe webbing someone in place via her instinct webs. Don’t expect any new assets or crazy new dynamic features to come into play.

1 Like

Horror Theme for the final pack please :+1:

Spinal
Sabrewulf
Hisako
Mira
Gargos

1 Like

No hard feelings, but yeah there was saltiness in the reaction to a lot of this, and mostly towards a logic on the devs part I just can’t understand or justify in my own mind at the moment, but I may as well be honest about it rather than try to hide it under some hypocritical pretense of illogical reasoning.

I can get that maybe my arguments don’t make the most logical sense, and there are reasons probably on the dev team I don’t know about as to the decision process. I’ll accept that, and honestly, talking about it has kinda exhausted me on the point that I’m kinda done being upset about it as well. I guess a little too much of a knee jerk reaction on this one. I try to avoid doing that, but occasionally it happens.

1 Like

Nice List but Kim-Wu really needs to have a Ultimate, I know I am slightly biased because seeing as she is my main, but lets be honest, the dragon motif could be basis of quite a cool finish. Plus seeing as she struggles to pull off Stage Ultras it would be a nice compensation for that.

I’m not even gonna ask.

I think he’s talking about how she has Counter mapped to 3K, which makes it fairly easy to accidentally get that instead of the stage Ultra if you aren’t careful. Same with RAAM not getting his Ultra because of Kryll Cancels before the patch, or Omen’s kick version of Around the Underworld not working with meter because of shadow form.

Don’t know if that’s much of a cause for balance changes though

Oh yeah, stage ultra gets screwed over by dragon cancels sometimes.

They just teased on the KIWC stream something about “monsters” being a theme of some sort. It was during a discussion of skins, but all three guys on the stage got cheeky as if it were also about more than costumes. That said, the monsters from your list:

1. Spinal
  2. Mira
  3. Sabrewulf
  4. Hisako
  5. Kan-Ra

a. Gargos
b. Eyedol

I separated Gargos and Eyedol, because they aren’t as tropey as the first five monsters, and KI is all about honoring tropes. I’ll bet those first 5 get the final batch of ultimates.

I heard aganos being said with the monsters pack

Coming May 2nd.

3 Likes

Did they say the Shinsako builds at the world cup had ultimates from ultimate pack 3 in it for people to find? Anyone find one yet?

Guess I was right about the dates and @rukizzel’s trolling.

Next pack won’t be out for two months, then the third probably sometime in July.

“Through summer” indeed.

How’s that trolling? I purposefully worded my statement in such a way that you’d understand that throughout summer meant…throughout summer.

2 Likes

You tell me!

[quote=“rukizzel, post:25, topic:18802, full:true”]

When someone reads what I say and begins to understand just how deep the troll rabbit hole goes

[/quote]You wrought this on yourself, half the time I don’t know what the hell you’re saying! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is easy! In this case I’m laughing about you understanding the ambiguity of a release of next character - because we implicitly said Ultimates through summer.

3 Likes

Is it true they said no more ultimates after the monsters I haven’t seen it yet.

What’s going on at Microsoft :speak_no_evil:

True true, I guess I’m so on edge that I’m seeing trolls everywhere.

The plan of record is that 15 characters will get Ultimates.