The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I’m having trouble deciding if I should cosplay as Eagle or Jacket from Hotline Miami. Eagle would be hard to make however…I’ll have to figure that out soon.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m dead :laughing:

This is too much.

Send help

Seriously

My moms scared

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

So i’m 1,500 words into my 2000 word assignment due on monday, slow progress but im getting there!

2 Likes

Wow, this is the first time I’ve seen this thread before! Maybe I haven’t been around as much as I usually tend to be? Either way, it was nice scrolling through and seeing what people are up to. :slight_smile:

Either way, as far as what’s going on in my life, I just got a new car recently, which I love. My first truly new car; a 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX. This is basically what it looks like:

Car

Nice mix of practical and fun. A 1.5 liter turbo engine that has some nice pickup, all the new bells and whistles inside, though I’m going to miss the Sirius XM when the free trial runs out lol.

Anyways, I see people talking about stuff they have to do for school and man, that brings back memories. Finished grad school a while back, but I still remember doing an entire 30 page research paper with 20 or so sources; started reading the sources (or rather, scouring them for quotes), working on the paper and finishing the paper all on the day it was due. I don’t recommend it. :slight_smile:

But yeah, other than that, and defending my portfolio (thankfully didn’t have to do a thesis), I loved grad school. Small classes, group work, case studies, etc. Don’t miss the work, but the class stuff was great.

5 Likes

I have a 2017 Civic. It’s a great car. Obviously the EX is the sporty version but I’m curious about the hatchback. It doesn’t seem to do much for the roominess of the car or trunk, but maybe I’m wrong.

Hard for me to make the determination as far as the trunk goes. I’m going from an Imprezza which had a ridiculously small trunk, so the trunk in the hatchback looks huge to me. It may be stupid, but I also love having a rear windshield wiper. As far as interior space, I’d say it’s about average. Maybe a little cozy, but not too much.

I don’t know if you get this impression in the Civic Sedan model, but in my Imprezza, I always felt so low to the ground. In the Civic hatchback, I actually feel higher up, which is kinda nice. Almost like being in a crossover or something, perhaps. I think the drawback of that though is that when you’re closer to the ceiling, it kinda makes the car feel smaller somehow. Small gripe though, if you can even call it that, as I kinda prefer it.

I used to drive a PT Cruiser, which I got specifically because the seats were high off the ground, so the civic is definitely lower than that. The trunk in the regular model is very roomy. It’s a pretty big car, substantially larger than older civics.

Anyway it’s a great car. Approximately a jillion miles per gallon

1 Like

My favorite part, right there! No question.

Hi.

4 Likes

I’m so stupid. How stupid? I procrastinated 2 weeks worth of notes. Now I have to finish them by Tuesday. Then I got a project due on Tuesday I didn’t even start, but was assigned a month ago. Plus I got 3 pages of Spanish homework to do by Tuesday(not that bad but still bad). What am I doing…no biggie Kappa

Today is my 18th Birthday!

10 Likes

Happy birthday ryan!

Indeed, Happy Birthday!

You not stupid. 90 percent of kids your age dude that. You’re average.

I don’t think i need to counsel you on how wrong your approach to your school work is, but you shouldnt stress to much. Stress can sometimes make you work, other times it makes you fold (like me).

4 Likes

Unfortunately I wish I could enjoy my birthday but I have college today and am extremely busy as I currently have a bunch of assignments I need to do. I currently have:

I have a 2000 report to hand in today for Human Computer Interaction describing the choices we made in reguards to our digital prototype UIs.

I have a 1000 word report for Managing a Web Server for Thursday based on a case study where we have to recommend different choices for web hosting software.

I have a large database that I need to normalise to 3NF and join back together along with an entity relationship diagram for Relational Database Management Systems

I got outcome 2 for Human Computer Interaction issued today where I have to create a working model of my Digital Prototype Interface in Adobe Animate using ActionScript

I have assessment 2, 3, and 4 for Software Development: Developing Websites For Multiplatform issued today to be submitted as this semester goes on focusing on creating a forum for a movie company with automated moderators.

So yeah, I am unfortunately really busy right now.

1 Like

Haaaaaaaaaapppppppyyyyv Birttthhhhhddddaaaaayyyy!

2 Likes

Amazon re-stocked on pre-orders for the Xbox One X today so… even though I literally have no excitement for this console, I pre-ordered one. It’s cheap enough since it’s less than a weeks pay. I figured I’d end up getting one anyways so I did. They even offered me $5 off my next shoes purchase. Win win I say. lol

2 Likes

I have zero interest in owning it. I don’t feel the need to buy a new console to play games I already own. Maybe if they spent time on making top shelf games, then it might be worth it.
I swear they act like 4k turns a crap game into a great one.

I hope you have a external HDD already or plan on getting one soon.

2 Likes

Just got done with my last homework assignment a few minutes ago. Conveniently my copy of Linux decided to brick on me at the precise moment that I needed it so having to reinstall Linux and do my assignment problem all over again added some unnecessary stress to my evening. Now I have my research paper proposal due on Sunday which I need to get done on Saturday night because Sunday I am flying to Japan!!

Soooo excited!

3 Likes