The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

I’m sure you’re not the only one but I don’t think it’s a majority view.

Lots of things don’t really excite me about the iPhone X but I was also one of those people who wondered when the iPhone came out why you would want such a lousy phone just so you could surf the internet on a tiny screen. So what do I know. I’m typing this on an iPhone 6…

3 Likes

There’s a lot of phones with big screens these days so its pretty safe to say: your initial sentiments weren’t entirely off.

1 Like

It’s almost time for me to quit gaming. It might be permanent but, then again it might not be.

I’ve had all the fun that I wanted to have all those years ago when I was young and didn’t have to worry about anything. Today, things are different and much has to change.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me saying so, I’d say don’t “quit” playing games if you enjoy them. To me saying you’re quitting games is kinda like saying you’re quitting watching movies or enjoying looking at paintings.
I’m not saying if you feel the need to scale back to make room for life that you shouldn’t. It’s good to have your priorities in check. But I’ve been in your situation before, and personally going cold turkey like that gnawed at me, and I regretted it the whole time.
If it’s community drama that’s the issue, yeah f*** that noise, it’s not worth the effort, but as far as just sitting down and enjoying the occasional game session whether it be a FG, FPS, RPG, or whatever your in the mood for, yeah, cut back for sure, but I’d definitely recommend not cutting it completely out.
But that’s just me. If you still feel like you need to, go right ahead. :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Well, allow me to further explain myself here. As much as I enjoyed video games, the time spent is something that is not possible to get back, plus my responsibilities as an adult are very important, not only to myself, but to my family. I’m well prepared to finally give it up (not permanently) in order to build new things that well help remedy the issues I currently face while my Xbox is turned off.

As far as the community drama, that’s not the reason why I’m quitting video games because I was still playing KI in the aftermath, I could care less about the lives of trolls and the people who simply want to do nothing about it.

My family is more important than any video game or any unfortunate events in the forums because they remind me of who I am as a person and remind me that I should take care of my responsibilities.

So if that means going cold turkey, I’m good.

There’s bigger things that I want to create in life and I’m taking the time necessary to get there.

5 Likes

I’m gonna miss this…

1 Like

Fleshy AESTHETIC

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Welp. I made my decision and quit gaming for now, until things in my life (personal things mind you) have improved.

I’m still going to buy the KI comics though.

2 Likes

I may be joining you, though not by choice. This new job seems so far like it’s going to be a lot more involved than I initally thought. On top of that one thing I’m struggling with is a script I was supposed to have memorized by today. I didn’t understand its importance and had maybe a very shaky %50 down . In fact, everyone in the training class save maybe 1 person was in the same boat. I’ve spent most of my time since then working on memorizing it, but I don’t know if I’ll even have the script down by time tomorrow, and if I don’t have it by then my training may get pushed back to next week.

Do you need to know an exact script verbatim or just know the #'s/material you’re talking about and have some freedom in how you relay it?

No, it’s pretty much verbatim.

So im supposed to be working on my assignment yet half an hour later I find myself watching videos of cats dry heaving to techo music, changing wikipedia pages and googleling “Are Russians Asian?” I think its safe to say that I should probably hide my phone the next time I try to do college work :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve been working through my upper-division courses for my senior year of college. I work on campus, so it’s pretty laid back in terms of time management. Otherwise, I’m either doing assignments for my English Major or working in media for my Tech. Com. Minor.

I’m not truly confident with my major/minor combination so there’s a chance I may go for a pre-law degree afterwards. Sky’s the limit.

Outside of school, trying to spend quality time with the family and loved ones and get in a few games here and there in the late hours.

3 Likes

I didn’t know there were single character stats and honestly, this has made my day :grinning:

One day I’ll beat ThrashHeavy and claim my spot as Eagle king!

In other news, I just got a new leash for my dog. The old one was getting a lil too small. We got one of those extendable ones that let him run around. The little bundle of joy has never been so happy! Makes any day turn to a good one.

I’m almost finished paying off the repairs for the broken IPad. Can’t wait for that sweet Fulgore T-shirt once I get the money.

1 Like

Ugh… I’m already starting to 2nd guess that company for you! GL regardless

It’s mostly because they want us to get it down pat so they can show you how to manipulate it.
In a sense it’s kinda like learning how to play KI. It’s hard to show someone how to do more advance stuff like resets and counter breaker baiting and stuff like that when you don’t understand the basic combo theory of opener>AD>linker>AD>ender, or even how to do a basic fireball or DP.

1 Like

Nice job! I’m expecting you to make it to the top! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiley:

I will post of my Gundam gunpla custom picture when I finished it!

8 Likes

Bought 2 Overwatch Backpack hangers. Got a Rare Golden Reinhardt and a Dva.

1 Like

Work still stinks, but Halloween is around the corner.

2 Likes