The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

I like skittles soo does that count?

2 Likes

Eh, sure why not?

2 Likes

With this quote…it is now confirmed. WrathofFulgore is now my spirit animal.

7 Likes

“Youth is wasted on the young,” as they say…

Being a teenager is hard. No matter how many people tell you that life goes on and you will get over it, you feel like your world is ending every time something bad happens to you, socially. Some of it is chemical and some of it is a lack of life experience to put things into context. And nothing helps except time.

I have never met anyone who looked back on their teenage years fondly. The few who say “it wasn’t that bad,” when asked if they would do it again invariably respond “hell no.” All those other kids who you think are living awesome lives? They feel exactly the same way as you do.

7 Likes

Well I passed my licensing exam, so now I can sell life insurance in Arkansas.

Who ever thought I’d be excited over life insurance? :confused:

7 Likes

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I’m so dumb! I was disinfecting my hand after cleaning up dog ■■■■ with alcohol, and then I forgot…I got a freaking paper cut on my hand! Such unexpected burning.

Congratulations @WrathOfFulgore! Now if I ever need life insurance in Arkansas you can give me a lil discount _nudge nudge, wink wink _ :yum:

1 Like

A new thread regarding daily lives? I’m all for it. Just finished work today. During the four-day weekend, met the new member in my family (through FB of course), and finished my latest chapter in my fanfic.

3 Likes

While I’m still kinda waiting for a new KI update, I’m playing Smite on Steam. Soooo many exclusive skeleton related skins.

I wish IG had the same workflow and budget.

I got Shin Musha 1/100 gunpla yesterday! I thought that I can make it by myself, but it was very hard than I expected… So my mother help me how to make this thing. It take us to finished make Shin Musha gunplay for 3 or 4 hours… But it was fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am very sorry for use potato quality…

I’m going make my Gundam gunpla custom!
My next gundam gunpla is 1/100 MG RGM-79SP GM Sniper II.

And I will add some battle damage and weathering rust on my next gundam gunplay like this.

I’ve already ordered 1/100 MG RGM -79SP GM Sniper II, colors Tamiya, and colors marker. I will buy orange and red sprays at Walmart soon!

5 Likes

@KevBones10 that’s some amazing paint work. I know you didn’t do it, but wow, never realized Gundam models were painted that style. There are lotsa Gundam collectors where I live and I think they all paint it sleek and clean. I play miniature wargames and I never paint my own stuff, cuz I suck lol. Whoever did those weathered/damaged models is elite class.

As for updates for me, I got a call today for a promotion interview. If I get the job, it’ll increase my pay about 50% and be a 5 mile round trip instead of 25. I need to ace it b/c this is just the 2nd promotional interview i’ll have had out of about 80+ applications… :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

I hope you get it. I know the feeling about applications. The recession was not kind to me. I got to where I had filled out so many applications I started having my wife (who was nice enough to do it) start filling them out for me because I was starting to spiral into a depression from the constant rejection. :sweat:
And to add insult to injury to my application attempts my current job I didn’t even apply for. My boss called me up out of the blue one day because she knew me (she used to be a supervisor at a poultry processing plant I worked at) and heard that I was unemployed. I mean, I’m glad she did, but still.

Anyway, I’m currently doing my last shift as a security officer. I gotta admit though I’m really not feeling like giving my all tonight. I mean obviously I’m keeping an eye out for major issues, but on the little things there’s that little voice in the back of my head that just keeps saying "what are they going to do…fire me?"
I did talk to my boss though and I’m probably going to keep on doing 1 shift a month just to keep me on the payroll in case this insurance gig falls through, but it’d only be until February anyway because that’s when my security license is up for renewal.

Thanks =)

Definitely a good idea to keep it as a 2nd job, just in case. And yeah, I definitely feel you about the burden of applying for jobs. They say looking for a job is a job itself.

I think I had alluded to the mentality of accepting rejection in the job application process. It took me almost 2 years (and I assume triple digit applications) to even get hired by the State. It got to the point where it was just like the status quo -
put in 5 apps, expect nothing.

The competition was high for lowentrylevelpositionX at the time b/c the State was doing a hiring wave to replace retiring Baby Boomers. Now, advancedentrylevelpositionY (which I’m applying for) is posted more regularly so it attracts college grads and those same new hires from 2 years ago, so the level of competition is crazy. I wasn’t sure of the #'s 2 years ago b/c every app was done through mail. But now that it’s 95% online, you can see the amount of other applicants for the job. The job I’m applying for has about 100-250 per posting. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m thinking of quitting video games altogether.

Why? Time.

Time is something you’ll never get back in life, never. I enjoyed Killer Instinct throughout every season, devoted countless hours into KI, Tekken 7, SMITE, etc., but the time to do other things had to be spent in order to practice, grind, and troll online.

I’m at the moment where I need the time necessary to try other things in life, and live differently. With this said, I hereby declare that my time for video games as a whole will be over after this week.

To my fellow forum members, I’ll still support KI until the end, but this time, I’ll stick to what keeps me going; Music.

(Note: Please do not treat this as my last forum post, I still got memes to posts and a KI related project to think about.)

4 Likes

What about still playing SP games? (Or are they called “story games” these days?)

How many HND Computer Science students does it take to operate a scanner? Apparently 4 because the scanner hated us and everytime we inserted paper copies of our work it wouldn’t accept them and we had to get the lecturer to help :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This guy has got his priorities checked!

Mad respect man!

You do you!

4 Likes

Single player. And no.

My mind is made up.

1 Like

The weekend is near, but…it seems that Saturday will be a day of checking trucks. Hope they give many of us a comp day for this

Sweet! Look what I just got in the mail!

In case you’re unaware, it’s the Dragonlord, the final boss to the original Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior.
DW was the first NES game I ever owned outside of Super Mario/Duck Hunt, so getting this guy is a real treat and nearly 30 years overdue.

12 Likes

Alot of people are excited about the IPhone X…

But it’s weird :upside_down_face:. Am I the only one that thinks the IOs is hideous, and the large screen highlights the ugly UI?

There’s a disconnect between clean modern look on the outside and the messy clusterfuq of Chiclet icons in obnoxiously loud eyeball raping colors on screen… :no_mouth:

1 Like