Taunting & Tea-bagging

LOL!! now that’s funny!

I hate trying to explain it to my kids (5&6 years old) They will be watching me play and then ask…

“did you win daddy? why is that guy bouncing his booty on your head?”

“…I lost son…I lost. That’s what they do when you loose.”

Next time me and him play, my son is tea bagging me when i let him win…ughhhhhhh… great!

9 Likes

Could be worse. He could send you a message taunting you XDDD

I only teabag people if they do it to me first. Its pretty immature honestly, specially when you can see that somebody is trying to learn a new character. Sometimes learning a new character can be difficult for people and having somebody teabag you or taunt you with their main is absurd.

When i do get somebody respectful(Which seems rare at times) Ill stick with a character im learning and just try and get better until ive had enough of losing and then switch to my main.

1 Like

I NEVER teabag people. I use taunt when the character has a “HYPE” taunt when I lose a round.

Example: Aganos/Thunder/Omen/Riptor, I lose a round, get up, taunt, like saying: Well sir, now I’m ON!!!

Always respectful of course. I don’t like Jago or Fulgore’s taunt for this effect

When I get teabagged, I always try to make a comeback, I don’t taunt or teabag in retaliation. When the match it’s over, whereas I won or lost, I send a message, always the same:
“GGs pal, but don’t teabag, be a gentlemen!!”

Always get the same respond: Ggs and an apologize. People usually gets ashamed of themselves if you point them politely a bad habit

6 Likes

Ive sent a polite message like that before…I didn’t get a reply though.

Ive also sent a really pissed off nasty message too…I got suspended from Xlive for 1 month for it …lol. I didnt play online for about 2 months after that. Thats how bad TB would get to me. I would already be frustrated from loosing and trying to climb up the Ranked ladder…and bam…this guy just went off… excessive taunts and tbags…constantly…and he barely beat me. And i just went berserk…lost my shift…bad.

2 Likes

If I’m playing against my buddies, then yeah, we might do that for the lolz. I’ll admit that freely.

But if I don’t know you, and we’re just having a match online, then regardless of your intentions, to me it sends a message that you like to brag or rub it in. That you like to be disrespectful at my expense and that you might also think it’s funny to do so.

I don’t mean that in a melodramatic, uber-offended way either. It’s just an immediate assumption based on what I’m seeing. I played a decent amount in the arcades back in the day and I never saw that done at any point during a match. Not for strategy and definitely not for fun. It just didn’t happen.

So why does it happen now? Well, the internet, obviously. So to me, if you’re doing something long distance like that when you likely wouldn’t do that standing next to me at an arcade cabinet, that immediately tells me it’s something negative.

You’re fully aware that it’s rude, juvenile and disrespectful, yet you’re choosing to do it anyways either to get a rise out of me for a strategic advantage, or because you think it’s funny to anger, frustrate or otherwise annoy someone else.

While that doesn’t mean I think you’re a horrible person, to me, none of those things say anything positive about you either. However, I do think that some of this could be mitigated with the advent of a (long) overdue respect taunt. Why? Because right now, there’s no way to tell if you’re just trying to use some strategy or if you’re just trolling me.

If there was a way to say GG or whatever at the end of the match with a respect taunt, it’d likely send the message that you were using strategy, or that you were frustrated during the match, but you still appreciated facing me as an opponent. You might not mean that… It might be sarcastic in your mind, but if I have no way of knowing that, then I have no reason to assume it.

Right now, there’s no way to convey anything positive in a match like “I appreciate your abilities” in the middle or “let’s have a good match” at the beginning. It’s just taunting and tea-bagging.

Personally, if you’re going to have some negative aspects like that, I think it’d be nice to have something positive as well. I think that’s been a more substantial oversight on the part of the devs than many others might believe.

I do think that there are a fair number of people out there that tend not to play online (in general) as much or at all because of the lack of sportsmanship or outright immaturity that some hardcore players tend to show.

I for one used to play KI online, but got too much cussing in my ear over how I used Glacius, hated the tea bagging, etc and just stopped seeing the point in it. Being amused at others anger or lack of sportsmanship became less enjoyable, and it became more fun to play offline or just with friends.

I tend to wonder about those new to the game or learning a character, or just the more casual players. How many have turned their noses up at the game or at playing online after having player after player dance on their characters face after they destroy them? Some might see it as motivation to “git bedder,” but for some… It might just be their indication that this game, and this community, might not be for them.

The more ways you make it easier to show that your community is a good one, filled with good people that just want to play some matches, the easier it might be to find some solid people to play against and perhaps even grow the community some. That last part might be a stretch, but who knows, I mean… It can’t hurt, right?

7 Likes

lol. Many really should take on @rukizzel’s Jago-shadow. If I didn’t know better, I’d say he’s sponsored by Lipton!

Would also like to point out, taunting itself isn’t always an outright disrespect. Quite a few characters just taunt, no more.

Fulgore, now THAT’S an insult! LOVE IT!
Jago insults as well.

… Riptor’s is rather neutral. Not so much a taunt or insult. Especially cancelling into a back-jumping fireball or headbutt.

There’s no denying T-bagging is an insult. Especially between round steeps. The taunts are not always so.
Definitely like the idea of a “no interpreting” respect animation.

Wulf’; he’d do a form of bow due to nobility and dog-like submission nuances. Nothing to make him overly submissive.

Kan-Ra: make a box with a bow with his rags or have him to some pondering pose while saying “Impressive.” Do it twice, “Most impressive.”

Aganos: grow a sunflower. Leave it on the stage and if it gets trampled, he growls and glows his eyes red for a moment.

Jago: Fist in palm head bow.

Orchid: Spin and extend a thumbs-up. “Good job” or something. She is enunciated for a character.

Spinal: Pull out a jack’o lantern and laugh. There’s never a reason to not laugh with Spinal.

ARIA: Can nod her head in approval after a scan. “Fascinating” is something she’d likely say.

Sadira: She’d hold out her hand with a small spider asking in her language if we’d accept her gift.

Maya: Would cross her daggers and bow her head.

Rash: Tilt his head down, pull his glass down slightly and quip “You’re not half bad!”

Cinder: Punches a fist into a palm at chest level and says “You’ve got me fired up!”

Hisako: can do a form of bow supported by her weapon.

Glacius: grow a large ice hand giving a thumbs up.

Fulgore: stand at attention, one arm crossed over chest, retract blades. “Fulgore” as though recognising at least equality in ability.

Riptor: She can give of a reptilian howl followed into a shallow bow with a snort.

TJ: Sign an autograph, toss it on the ground. Dan and Johnny do it. Yes, TJ would jump off a bridge if it got him on TV.

Shadow Jago: Taunt should be turning his back to the opponent and snarling in disgust. The respect should be a be a flaring of shadow energy from his head and fists while showing a sign of anger followed into the ready stance. Can’t ask for too much respect from such a being :wink:

Omen: Remove the mask. The mask is a mockery to us all. Removing it is his way of saying “You are worthy to gaze.” To him, it’s a big thing.

7 Likes

Usually when I play with Jago it’s against my buddy at my house, and yes, I give him the teabag business. Plus the idea of a shadow using that tech is friggin hilarious to me, so every chance I get I’ll do it.

2 Likes

@rukizzel

:wink:
It’s not often he gets to, but he does with ferocity when he does!!

Speaking of Tea, Respect and Taunts, I have to toss this out there about the nature of all competitive games/sports:

1 Like

I find that tea bagging and taunting all depends on perspective, I’m ok with distant tea bagging because I’ve realised that there is a body language in the game for those that don’t have their head sets on all the time like me. Distant tea bagging is like saying “are you ready? because I’m ready”. It has happened to me on numerous occasions that my batteries died and needed to get a quick swap, the respectful thing was the opponent telling me in tea bag morse code that he won’t attack until I’m ready and I tea bag from a far letting him know “we’re good now” or “I’m ready”. I only think it is poor sportsmanlike when someone plays cheap (doing the same thing over and constant trapping) and after all that un-sportsman attitude they decide to sit on your face, tea bag your face or taunt.

wow man…I couldn’t have said it better myself. Great post. seriously.

this pretty much sums up exactly how i feel about online. I go through phases…depending on my mood…if I’m irritable, i def will not play online because i know by the end Ill be ready to choke someone.
If I’m chill I’ll give it a go until I’m ready to choke someone lol

1 Like

Thanks man!

See that’s exactly how I used to be too. After a while though, it just got to the point where it wasn’t worth it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I met some cool people. It wasn’t all just angry trolls and what not. But I always forgot to get people’s gamertags at the end of matches and after a while, I heard enough vitriol to the point where I turned off my headset and then got enough visual yelling (not sure how else to view taunt cancelling and aggro bagging) and was like “eh… I really want to level up my characters and I love a good survival mode in a fighting game. Think I’ll just stick to that for a while.”

Pretty much been doing that ever since. Also played story mode and loved that too.

I shouldn’t say that I NEVER go online. KI’s netcode is too awesome not to venture on every now and then. But yeah, that stuff is a deterrent for me. If it was an online only game? Sure, I’d play through it. Not a huge deal. But if I don’t have to bother with it, why would I?

I taunt between rounds, and if I’ve got a wide opening in the match to do so.

I don’t tea-bag, but I couldn’t care less if someone else does it.

It just happened to me last night, I was playing online exhibition with this guy and after going back and forth with wins the tea bagging began at the beginning of matches. Now understand we both weren’t with our headsets on but I understood what he was saying to me so I replied with: down, down, down, down.

There was the unspoken language that we respect each others’ skills and decided it was time to mess around and practice moves if needed. Now he chose Thunder and I was Spinal, my Spinal is more advanced than his Thunder so I signaled back: down, down, down (it is fine go ahead and practice) and he understood.

After a few of the rematches of that, he chose Kan-Ra and same scenario was communicated through the art of Tea-Bagging morse code from across each other. I had my level 50 Aganos but let him practice and also tea bagged me a thank you note. Now all this tea bagging communication was from a distance and not over my body or face. When we were done we just so happened to be writing messages to one another at the same time. He wrote: "Thanks, ggs and see you later brobean :slight_smile: " while I sent him: “Thanks for the matches, no disrespect wanted you to practice your Thunder and Kan-Ra, take care brohan”. He replied, "I know and I appreciate it! ". So all that tea-bagging translates pretty well

Kix, your situation is most definitely a very small percentage. in no way does your situation reflect the majority of whats happening to most people online.
no offense

Glad you were able to meet someone that tea bags morse code

1 Like

This was one of the many times it has happened to me with different opponents. I agree the rude ones I encounter as well but in that case all you do is beat their sorry ■■■ and leave, if you stick around they will just find new ways to annoy you. Then block and report them for unsporting conduct, it is simple.

Yeah i usually block them, i hate to do that but, some ppl just really irritate me…it will change my entire mood for the night if i encounter someone like that

I know how you feel but as far as changing my mood for the rest of the night, it doesn’t effect me to that extent. You will always encounter jerks, in public, at work, school, so online is no different since it is a community.

Wow, better go to a therapist. No offense but to me it seems like you have some issues with your self-esteem.

2 Likes