Support KI and don't hate or we lose it

We definitely live in an echo chamber world. If someone argues with you you just block them and surround yourself with people who agree with you. Then fight with those people about trivia.

1 Like

These threads are killing me.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done to an extent with this board. I followed some pros for a while, but found some of them to be too negative or too douchy, so I stopped following them. I thought about joining the FB group, but Iā€™ve heard thatā€™s a bastion of negativity, so I didnā€™t.

For me though, itā€™s not that I only want to hear people praise MS / IG or the game itself. I donā€™t think thatā€™s what we have here. I just try to find people that I think are mature, generally positive, and smart about games and while I donā€™t need all three of those things in every person, I tend to pull away from places where a lot of the people lack two or all three of those things.

I enjoy this game and I want to spend time with others that also enjoy it, even if weā€™re not always positive, I at least enjoy hearing peopleā€™s informed or well reasoned, constructive criticism. I donā€™t always get that here and I donā€™t always live up these standards myself, especially on the informed front. But I feel like I can get the general vibe of a community and this one tends to be more informed and positive and I feel like that fits the type of environment I want to be in to talk about this game.

I just wish that there was more of that environment in other places as well and not so many people acting the way many act on twitch streams and what not, which honestly feels like a snake pit, at times, in comparison to what we have here.

Honestly, I donā€™t particularly understand it. Is it just internet snark, where everyone wants to be the funniest, most cynical person in the room? Is it finding a group of negative people and giving in to your own negativity and somehow gaining enjoyment that way? I dunno. Iā€™m not trying to sound naĆÆve, and Iā€™m sure I am, but I just donā€™t get why acting that way and fostering that in others is enjoyable to people beyond soothing their own misery by engendering it in others. If that many people in our society need to do that, then weā€™re either far more coddled than I thought or far more jaded, which is kinda ridiculous given how many people actually have cause to be so jaded, but whatever. I guess we all have our crosses to bare.

2 Likes

I liked things better before the Noobs
invaded my world of tech, now its all
fake in every way,

From Click Bait -to- Fake News.
Because everything deserves to go Viral.

I disagree on supposed DH superiority over IG in terms of visuals and charactersā€™ presentation.

Most S1 retros are a$$

Sabrewulfā€™s fur looks awful and it is my personal #1 graphical thing to improve since even Tuskā€™s wrist warmers and Retro Eyedol legs have better fur effect. And why the hell is he even default blue anyway?

I would say Riptorā€™s animations look pretty good. Same for Tuskā€™s sword swings and Rashā€™s everything, so I donā€™t understand IG hate.

You gotta understand that Keits wont shell out few hundreds of thousands bucks from his pocket to make super duper venom-injected lovecraftian vendigo who shoots lasers from his butt. It is Microsoft who controlls the budget, and seeing how IG stands on their ears trying to recycle assets to make new characters, MS does not care whole much about KI.

Steam port will be Microsoftā€™s last try to squeeze some money from this game and this will be final dot of KI2013 development, i am sure of that.

You support this game by playing it, not by crying on forums and waiting for updates for the sake of updating.

1 Like

In there defense I must say, rendering things
like Fur, Hair, Fire, Water, fibers etc is very taxing
on the PC, and the xbox is a fixed system.

I agree that Saber-wolf needs a new haircut
though.

Also, itā€™s funny how people complain, and
complain about the same things over and over
yet they keep playing the gameā€¦

LOL many donā€™t even play the game and just
like to Trollā€“

Please people, stop feeding the Trolls, its
not good for everybody else.

So many people obsessing with the future,
and Im still rocking PSP Tekken on my
hand held and loving it.

Because Sabrewulf is based off the antagonist from the game of the same name (Sabre Wulf) Rare made a long time ago:

Itā€™s available in the Rare Replay collection.

9 Likes

I donā€™t have time to address the rest of this post, but Iā€™ll say that this point is very exaggerated. Every S3/post-S3 character has a full suite of ADs besides RAAM (3) and Arbiter (5) and Eyedol (5 between both forms?).

1 Like

I dont play the game anymore (I stopped when Kilgore came out. I hate recycled characters and cant stand them. One i can accept, two i can tolerate but it became too much) but Rash does not have a full suite either.

Rash, Raam, Arbiter, Eyedol thats 4 out of 8. Compared to 8 of 8 S1 and 8 of 8 S2. I left the Remix characters out cause it is just copy and pasted.

No need to address anything. Its my opinion and how i feel about the current state of the game.

1 Like

Specially Eagle, his move set are kind of familiar, itā€™s like I seen most of his moves on other characters. And yes, the post season 3 characters are copy paste and clones.

Mira tooā€¦people forget sheā€™s a Maya clone. Omen and Shago are as well. But the thing is, while they are remixes, theyā€™re not straight-up copy paste as you guys are sayingā€¦maybe asthetically to some degree, but gameplay-wise they are all radically different. You cannot play Shago the same as Omen or Jago, nor can Maya and Mira be played the same way. Hop on over to Street Fighter and you have Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma, and Dan to a lesser extent, mostly share every move with only a handful of differencesā€¦same normals, same throws, same fireball, DP, and Hurricane Kick. KI has none of that. Theyā€™re not copy/pasteā€¦if anything theyā€™re more like collages with plenty of freehand drawings mixed in.

1 Like

The whole characters sharing moves might bother me if KI was the only game that did it. All fighting games do it. Tekken has characters that share moves, MK does it, heā€™ll Injustice 2 does it in two ways. The game has characters that share moves, and they also share moves with MK. If characters sharing moves is a problem, then you are going to have a hard time enjoying a fighting game.

4 Likes

Yeah, at least KI isnā€™t so blatant when they reuse assets and animations, and in many cases it makes the new characters even better. Iā€™m honestly glad that Eagle has so many animations that are similar to Fulgore. It makes perfect sense, given that Fulgoreā€™s AI is supposed to be a copy of Eagleā€™s neural net. Iā€™d honestly be upset if Eagle shared NO animations with Fulgore. Sharing moves shows their connection.

So you donā€™t play any fighting games I guess.

11 Likes

What are you talking about?

Did you ever played Blazblue, Guilty Gear, UMVC3 - even Mortal Kombat X or Injustice 2 (though i dont like them that much)?

Street Fighter V also has zero recycled characters til now.

KI has 29 Characters and 4 are recycled characters (even more if i take mira into the Math). Recycled characters to me mean a lot of shared animations (like the Idle animation cough shin hisako cough and even worse when they reskinned on top of that like Shadow Jago, Shin Hisako and Kilgore).

And i think even SFIV had less recycled character. Evil Ryu and Decapre come to my mind. Everyone else was different animation wise except for signature shoryu animation (even they were different).

And im talking about recycled within the same game.

So it seems you dont play any fighting games beside KI.

Recycled characters are not the norm in fighting games. They are a rarity nowadays.

And the funniest thing is always the argument but but others doā€¦ i dont care what other games/devs do. If Uniel has 10 recycled characters i dont care cause i did not dropped 120ā‚¬ on that game.

Its the same stupid argument that people had about the stages in S3. We have enough stages - other fighting games have less stages than KI now. Who cares? This is KI not the others.

This is about KI and not Street Fighter or Injustice or any other Fighting Game.

So you dont need to drop your unqualified comment on a post like that and act as the ā€œmy fighting game knowledge tells me that every fighting game has recycled charactersā€ savior so i post a cool looking sarcastic assumption without any knowledge behind it.

MKX is filled with recycled and re-skinned characters and moves from MK9 and Injustice. SFV currently has three shoto characters. They are as different as theyā€™ve ever been but the idea that thy arenā€™t clone characters is still preposterous. And laying aside the fact that Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are each in their umpteenth iteration of reintroducing the same characters and reselling it as a new game, even the character designs in this games are recycled from each other. Tell me you never confuse Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge or Ky Kiske and Jin Kisaragi.

The point is you drop in here and make a declaration ā€œI canā€™t stand recycled charactersā€ but your definition is meaningless and only applies to this game. As you say in those other games it doesnā€™t bother you. Iā€™m just offering you some perspective. True to form you donā€™t want to hear it and respond with ad hominem.

Go play and enjoy those other games. But donā€™t expect people to treat your arbitrary declarations as sacrosanct just because you end your post with ā€œdonā€™t argue with me.ā€

8 Likes

Genuinely curious if some of you ever get tired of complaining. It has to be exhausting :confused:

8 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

8 Likes

So 4 out of 29 characters are recycled, which means we have 25 characters that arenā€™t recycled. Doesnā€™t sound so bad to me.

1 Like

Within one game. I dont care if a new Version gets updated versions from a previous game or borrows from a different game cause i can only play one game at a time. When i play Injustice 2 - i dont see Batman and a different version of him taking up a new slot nor do i see a clone within mkx. This is something totally different than what KI does. And even when they clone at least make it look good. Shin Hisako having the same idle as hisako while Holding a different weapon is just amateurish. If you like that fine that is your opinion or taste. I dont like and i dont try to convince you that im right. I posted jede cause i know MS/IG reads feedback on here.

Evolving/Updating a character is different than copy the character and give him a new playstyle within the same game.

And the three shotos in SFV have never been more different than now. They have their own animation set.

It does not matter how much you try. In Injustice 2, SFV, Guilty Gear are no recycled characters within the same game.

And reselling a updated version is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  practice i never liked. But that has nothing to do with KI.

Yes Blazblue has 2 recycled but 35 or so charactersā€¦ I only played the first two versions and then stopped due to your named reason.

However the point is your comment was to provocate me and i named a lot of fight games that have no or less recycled characters within the same game than KI. And tbh even the clones are better executed than KI clones. And than you come up with but they are recycled from their previous game lol

You sir have my empathy for trying hard.

I expressed my disappointment for the Development KI made and you still try to show what other games do.

I dont care what other games do - i want the next installment of KI to get the Development time and budget it deserves.