Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Me and @JEFFRON27 Bought ours six months ago.

Finally! King K Rool is here.

3 Likes

This is amazing too

1 Like

I know that was one of the best momments in the video.

This is the best Super Smash Bros ever!!

1 Like

Good lord this game already feels mind-bogglingly massive and they’re not even done revealing everything.

I’m betting that blurred-out mode on the main menu is for the single-player features. Less sure about the one on the system dashboard, though.

1 Like

It could be the adventure mode.

Saw Max’s stream:

So much coming to Smash. Pretty cool stuff.

… still no playable Waluigi though.

Yeah I don’t think that’s gonna happen. I’m not that big of a fan of Waluigi, but I understand how his fans feel, and I hope for their sake he makes it in this one somehow or in the next smash.

But man I’ve been waiting for K Rool since Brawl.

Heck even now Jeff is still talking with our friends about it.

He’s already an Assist Trophy, so I doubt it too.
Poor Waluigi fans though.

Yeah. also to any Castlevania fans out there I want to say congratulations on getting in Simon.

So we have 3 echos and two new characters. Do we have any room for new characters at all?

Yeah that was one of those “Max’s hype got me hyped” videos and I always enjoy those. I loved the inclusion of Richter and Simon, and adding a meter for smashes is a great idea. Cannot BELIEVE the number of stages though… 103!? I also love that you can choose the stage transitions. That’s just awesome stuff right there.

Only Smash I’ve really played extensively was the N64 version and it never truly grabbed me. I owned Smash on the Wii-U but didn’t play it much at all and sold the Wii-U a long time ago. I’ve been very hesitant to buy a Swtich simply because it seems like little more than an upgraded Wii-U and I was worried sales would stumble after launch like they did with their previous effort.

Still, I must say, they’re doing a great job with this system. This video and that game really make me want to truly dive head first in to a Smash for the first time. Between this, Octopath and Mario Kart Deluxe (not to mention Odyssey and Zelda) plus new Metroid on the horizon, I’m really starting to consider adding a Switch to my console collection.

Speaking of… Who is Richter? Is he also a Castlevania character?

I guess so.

I’ve never played the games but @JEFFRON27 did play them when they were on the Xbox 360.

Richer is a descendent of Simon.

1 Like

Yeah I think so too. Also watch this if your a castlevania friend.

Now the question is how many new stages will we get now?

I personally would like a legit Bowser’s castle.

It’s funny how Simon looks like this manly Conan-like character…

And Richter looks like a standard anime hero…

Nintendo is covering their bases.

2 Likes

I must confess, I like how they did King K Rool’s model. It’s got that Crocodillian skin look to it,

see for yourself

2 Likes

He was the main protagonist of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. It’s widely regarded as one of the best Castlevania games ever and it was a precursor to Symphony of the Night. In fact, Symphony starts where Rondo of Blood ends, with Richter fighting Dracula.

Rondo of Blood was only released in Japan, but a watered down version was released in the SNES called Dracula X. I don’t know that it was all that popular though given that it came out the same year Saturn and Playstation came out.

Anyways, it was rereleased as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP much later, which includes the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night and that’s where I played it. It’s a pretty standard Castlevania game, but it’s a good one and I think it can be said that it was sort of the forerunner to the 2D Castlevania format that we’ve seen so many times since. I’d probably say Rondo started that style for Castlevania (I know it already existed for Metroid), and Symphony popularized it.

Sorry that’s so long-winded, but he’s a relatively big character in Castlevania and I just wanted to explain why… For some reason lol.

2 Likes

Good explanation

So, I know have four mains in smash.

1. Bowser
  2. Luigi
  3. Squirtle
  4. King K Rool

I might even give Simon a Whirl.

1 Like