Super Smash Bros Ultimate

The only one or two characters I want in Smash Ultimate are Black Shadow and or Blood Falcon

Those two will be the echo fighter me thinks. Though if I had to choose, it would be the black shadow.

1 Like

Seeing as we got King K. Rool, who was in Donkey Kong Country developed by Rare, could there be a possibility of another Rare character coming to Smash? Possibly a KI rep or will K. Rool be pretty much Rare’s rep?

Late on my reaction here but I’m super hyped for Chrom and Richter. They represented Chrom the best they possibly could within his echo fighter limits, and I loved playing as Richter in Symphony of the Night. I also love the new modes they showed and that stamina mode is customizable now.

Still waiting on Shadow because that’s almost a given at this point.

It’s worth it trust me. The games on it right now are already worth the purchase alone.

sigh I think even his fans know he doesn’t deserve to be a playable character at all. They just want to be loud and obnoxious while Sakurai works his a** off. I couldn’t care less about Waluigi.

1 Like

I know there are some who were loud and yes 3 of out of thousands of them even threatened him, but hey there were some doubters of Ridley and even King K Rool himself. But in all seriousness though, I do have to give them credit for trying to hold on to whatever hope many of them have.
On top of that I’m sure they can come up with something.

Sakurai’s doing great so far, I hope he gets a huge bonus and a month of vacation for this. He’s earned it. Nintendo should give him and the team a large Christmas bonus after that.

Now I have not seen Shadow yet. But his chances are possible. So far we have not seen him as either playable or an Assist Trophies it could go either way at this point.

Don’t know abut another Rare character but I did find this interesting.

But what I find amazing is they showed us a lot and they are not even done yet. this game will never disappoint me. I’m actually wondering if Sakurai is spoiling us.

Is that a real question lol

Just something I’ve been thinking.

Yeah, I’m coming to that conclusion. I actually just told my wife last night that I decided I wanted a Switch. Might get one around Christmas perhaps, assuming they’re in stock. I’d love a price drop, but I kinda doubt that happens so soon after a launch. But between this game, Octopath, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Tennis, ARMS, etc
 It’s getting really hard to resist this system!

They will be and probably reduced price too. Jeff and I bought ours in November.

1 Like

Gave you a like just for this :joy:

Black Bull would actually be kinda sick. That was my bro’s “main” in F-Zero GX.

That game was so dope :3

I think you mean Black shadow, but I get the message. It would be interesting though.
Though I’m not gonna lie a ton of memes and cartoons popped up revolving around all of that.

Here’s two of them here.

And of course the bomberman one too.

But despite that, we got other characters coming in. So far, Skaurai has been listening to fans since we now have Ridley, King K Rool, and so on. Heck we even have Simon and Ritchert from Castlevania which are welcomed additions. I never played the games but I’m happy for those fans.

My guess the next character they will reveal is Geno. I know some folks out there have been asking for him too.

Hey guys, long time no see!

Ok first off, my two cents:

1-RIDLY’S IN AT LAST! So happy to see him back.

2-King K. Rool is finally here.

At this point I think the sky is truly the limit. The roster has expanded with more diversity with Ridly and King K. Rool as villains.

The echo fighter terminology in my opinion at first, I figured it was just Sakurai attempting to soften the blow of adding characters like Lucina as a separate character, when her sharing a slot with Marth would’ve been better. But the echo term means that the cast can be more then just play the same so it opens the door for some variety.

As much as I dislike his inclusion cause he is yet another FE character: Chrom is a good example of this, he looks like he shares moves with Roy (Who I despise) and Ike (who I’m ok with.) but he is faster, so I hope his damage isn’t too good. He looks kinda OP tbh.

Despite that I am not even mad, I honestly can’t be. This game already looks like a ton of fun and I can’t wait to see more. How’s everyone doing?

3 Likes

I mean the new term doesn’t really change anything. Clones and semi-clones have always existed in Smash, “echo fighter” just puts them in the same category.

2 Likes

the best news I’ve heard was that Eco fighters don’t take away slots from newcomers which is good. Honestly I don’t have anything negative to say until I play the game. I’m excited for it.

Feels like it’s been a while, man! Hope you’re doing well. Things are good on my end. Been a bit busy lately but can’t complain.

The “take away slots” mentality has always been wrong. Clones, echoes, whatever you want to call them because they’re the same thing, have always taken less work to create and thus are a great way to add beloved characters without straining development for others.

He’s basically Roy with a flip up-B similar to Ike, and his damage will probably (not confirmed yet) work like Lucina where his blade has no sourspots but he lacks the precise damage potential that Marth/Roy have. Honestly I have no idea how he’ll turn out since I feel his attacks work better at close range where Roy is better anyways. It remains to be seen.

Honestly there are other FE characters I would’ve liked to see take his role (Alm, Leif, Seliph) but considering how most Smash non-FE fans know about him from memes it was probably for the best that the devs went with Chrom. I hope in a future Smash game they add a character from the franchise that doesn’t use a sword, like Ephriam/Hector/Edelgard.

1 Like

that just makes me feel less concerned about them. But regardless I can’t complain. I got Bowser, Luigi, King K Rool, and I got Squirtle back too. But I do hope those who are waiting for a possible character gets their wishes granted.

I just find it ridiculous that some people want to add Goku and Shrek. Don’t get me wrong I love the Dragon Ball series, but I think video game characters that have a history with Nintendo should be getting in. Not anime, comics, TV, or movie characters.

Pop’eye for smash

that’s funny. But keeps the topic going.

Mario and DK was born out of necessity after Kings syndicate pulled the Pop’eye license.

The whole Donkey Kong concept was initially planned for Pop’eye, Bluto and Olive Oil.