Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I’m confused what is being sold

Cool. A little too late, but still… cool.

1 Like

Huh. Given all that they’re offering here, I might finally take the plunge. Still don’t love many of the character designs, but I think there’s enough in there that I could enjoy. Seems like a good deal too.

3 Likes

Now can we get a KI Arcade edition? :grin:

2 Likes

If you don’t already own the game it’s a solid buy (assuming you like SFV’s gameplay). All the base, S1, and S2 characters, plus whatever arcade and balance and V-Trigger updates they’re doing.

If you already own the game @BblackorchidD, nothing is being sold. Your game will auto-update with the new arcade content, expanded V-Triggers and all that jazz. If you’ve never bought SFV before, then you’d be purchasing game with all the bells and whistles mentioned above.

Starting to warm up to sfv and AE. I didn’t get into SFIV until the Super Edition either. Have been meh on the game so far even though I like it’s core gameplay.

I like the gameplay in almost all fighting games. With the exception of maybe TimeKillers, I’ve never played one that isn’t fun to play with a friend and try to figure out.

My problem with SFV isn’t that I think it’s broken or fundamentally bad. It’s just that there’s nothing about the game that makes me want to come back to it over and over again. Plus a combination of little annoyances that add up to “death by a thousand cuts.” You want more colors? Play the absolute worst single player mode ever invented where we let you flow chart through 28 matches then drop a bomb on match 29 and 30 to keep you from getting the colors. ■■■■ you player! And by the way you have to do this for each and every character otherwise you can just play with the two default colors. Because. Playing online is cool. You just have to pick your character yesterday by selecting a “favorite” in an obscure menu. And those colors you busted your hump for? Pick one because we won’t let you change on the fly. And it just kind of goes on from there.

7 Likes

LOL… your so right… who the hell thought of this ? Its so dumb! No changing on the fly because someone might want to search for a great ken player and thats why we have to pick our favorite and stick with that.
You can still be searched by your best character… not sure why they couldnt do that like KI shadows menu search filter.

Apparently a free update for current owners…

This game is missing its best character, Blanka. I hope they are putting him in and giving him a darker story than the one he has after Dan appeared.

Yes and no. I think I the modes and the new character abilities update for free. But if you haven’t unlocked (ha ha) or purchased the two DLC packs they aren’t going to drop those on you for free. I’m curious too, because this is clearly an update for the game but they are releasing a new retail package that doesn’t include any new characters… does that mean we shouldn’t expect more characters or that we should expect to hear a bunch of people whining in February that they bought the arcade edition so they should get the new season if characters for free?

You’re funny.

1 Like

2 Likes

Tomorrow…

2 Likes

Hopefully Zeku joins Akuma in being above trash tier this season. I mean I get that Akuma moves units so they had to make him top 5, but did the other characters have to be so weak to compensate?

2 Likes

Abigail trash tier???

nah m8

Finally a character I can see myself maining!

Zeku revealed as the last character for Street Fighter V’s season 2.

He looks awesome, and I love that he can change into what looks to be a long-haired Guy or Strider Hiryu, or maybe just a younger version of himself. And it appears he has some of Ibuki’s kicks as well. Either way, love his looks and gameplay. Definitely a new daddy husbando. :heart::heart::heart:

Edit: His costumes…

And a preview of how he looks in Story Mode:

Aaaaand official wallpaper artwork:

3 Likes

And some screenshots:

3 Likes

Pretty cool. Very unique transformation(v-trigger most likely) skill. Love the scarf

2 Likes

Apparently it is his V-Skill, and not the Trigger, as we can see him activate the Trigger without him changing.
However, it’s kinda cool, as the younger Zeku kinda has Guy’s moveset, so if people prefer that, then they can just switch.

And also, the whole turning younger thing… it’s pretty cool lore-wise as well, as that is the former ninjutsu style from his former clan, the Bushin Ryu, and now after having been gone for years he is now back and is forming a new clan with a new ninjutsu style.

Also, people have been speculating that the new clan he is starting might be the beginning of the Striders, hence his Strider-like look of his younger self. Nothing has been confirmed yet though, but someone from the SF subreddit noticed how his kicks have the same effect as Strider Hiryu’s blade.

Honestly, I haven’t been this excited for a SF character in a long time. Truth is, I was excited for Ed and Menat, but they both heavily disappointed me. Ed because of his appearance and his odd playstyle (I prefer motion characters), Menat because of her lack of gameplay (I had hoped she would have more moves to play with so I wouldn’t have to repeat the same combo over and over again).

Of course we still have to see how Zeku plays, but he appears to have a lot of fun tools and cool moves, not to mention that alteration skill he has makes, giving him some new moves. The only thing that could ruin it for me would be if he was a charge character, so I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t be the case. :slight_smile:

1 Like