Soul Calibur 6

I agree. I’ve heard a little bit of it too. Trying to see if they were remixes of the original songs from SC-1.

1 Like

CREATE A SOUL CONFIRMED!!! DLC plans re-confirmed as well

ORCHID
NIGHTWING
STARFIRE
PSYLOCKE
XMEN
KENSHI
SINDEL
JADE
RYU
RASHID
CHUN LI
PENNYWISE
COOKIE MONSTER
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
BARBIE
ICHIGO
NARUTO
MARIO
LUIGI
PAPA SMURF

ALL the guest characters you ever wanted OCTOBER

But seriously-
What popular character will you be making in Create a Soul?

1 Like

No one. I’ll be pretending it doesn’t exist thank you very much. I’m anti-create-a-Soul and you all know why

Lol! you’d need a professor x type mental capacity to pretend to ignore one of the best features in gaming!

I don’t know why you aren’t for it, but that’s your right to not like it or buy the game

Specific text from ESRB:

ESRB RATINGS
PUBLISHERS
RETAILERS
PRIVACY CERTIFIED
ABOUT ESRB
SOULCALIBUR VI

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Rating Category:
Content Descriptors: Blood, Mild Language, Partial Nudity, Violence
Other:
Users Interact (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
In-Game Purchases (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
Rating Summary: This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one combat with a large cast of supernatural and human characters. Characters punch, kick, and throw each other to drain opponents’ life meters. Several characters use swords, spears, pistols, axes, and nunchucks while fighting. Finishing moves and special attacks are often depicted with brief slow-motion effects; combat is highlighted by cries of pain and impact sounds. One cutscene, rendered in a painting-like art style, depicts a character sitting in a pool of blood. Several female characters wear skimpy, low-cut costumes that display large amounts of cleavage; one female character is stylized to appear nude, though no discernible details are seen (i.e., no nipples; crotch region flat). The words “a*s” and “■■■■■■■” appear in the dialogue.

1 Like

I think it’s a waste of programing space. There is no way I could create a character as good and fleshed out as one that the official devs made, and they could have spent the time making it making more actual real characters. or stages. or ANYTHING else.

1 Like

Astaroth teased in story pic

2 Likes

It was already kinda confirmed a long time ago, but cool. ^^

Lizardman was kind of confirmed too.

1 Like

Most likely none.

Though, if they get a lizardman base for me to work with and an animal fighting style for created characters I might take a shot at making Riptor.

You might see mostly original characters from me.

1 Like

How so? From a gameplay perspective or the way they look? There’s plenty of stuff to customize characters with, and the movesets are created by the devs, so what do you mean?

Are you talking story-wise? If that’s the case, then while I guess I could see where you’re coming from, most of Soul Calibur’s stories tend to focus on a few characters on the roster, with some characters having only brief cameos. Plus, it’s not like each characters’ background is so deep and so rife with Shakespearean tragedy that it renders any created character a waste of programming space.

Sorry, I think we might’ve had this conversation before, I’m just not remembering. You’re entitled to your opinion, obviously, but a lot of people enjoy creating characters in Soul Calibur, so it just seems odd that someone would be THAT against it, I guess.

Check this out

1 Like

Also, thought I thought the person in the article I posted may have been assuming the mention of Spears in the Serb rating description could have been speaking of Groh’s weapon -

Honestly, the whole “I couldn’t make a good one” thing is just an excuse I use to try to sound more reasonable. You know the way people feel about guest characters, that’s how I feel about create a character modes in any game. That’s a “slot” that could have gone to someone else that didn’t make the roster. Or they could have used that time and space to make another stage, or more costumes. Or a longer story mode. Or in many cases these days, arcade mode endings. I may be a creative person, but I don’t feel the need to insert OCs into my favorite franchises. If I want to do that, I’ll use a pen and paper and place them in a world I have complete control over. Plus it does open up the devs to say “we didn’t include your favorite character, well you can approximate them yourself”. No. I want you to make the characters, not me.

Also, unless the mode is infinitely expansive, you can only approximate your favorite characters looks and playstyles from other franchises. No. That’s not psylocke, that’s your best aproximization based on the available tools. To me, that’s no bueno. Plus, what are the odds that create a soul mode will give me things like a grenade launcher or wolverine’s claws. Those don’t fit in the world of Soul Calibur.

The only game that has this mode that I don’t object too is MK:Armageddon because that game has ALL the MK characters up to that point in it. So no one was left out.

Also, I challenge someone to use create a soul mode to make a good representation of Bayonetta.

1 Like

I don’t think Groh has a spear.

2 Likes

Double-bladed sword, in fact :wink: :slight_smile:

So to tally it up here’s whos been teased and likley confirmed.

1. Lizardman
  2. Talim
  3. Cervantes
  4. Astaroth
  5. Seong-Mina

Characters I think we should expect in the game (since it’s SC1-SC2)

1. Voldo
  2. Raphael
  3. Rock (SC-1 story)
  4. Hwang or Yen-Seong (one of the two)
  5. Edgemaster (Maybe)

DLC

1. Tira
  2. Setska
  3. Guest Character

I bet someone will make this

2 Likes

Neither do I, I know what it is, but maybe they did…:woman_shrugging:
Not saying seong Mina isn’t in, idk, but
Even evil kilik’s Super could’ve been thought of as a spear at the time of their review

If we get literal animal beast bases for characters, then yes I can see that happening.

Add 5 types of beasts.
Wolves
Big Cats
Sharks
Snakemen

1 Like