Soul Calibur 6

Found this pic. Someone speculates this is what the roster may look like.
I think this is almost accurate. Though I think some would prefer Yeun-Seung over Hwang.

granted they added a few more slots.

1 Like

They gotta have more characters than that. Tekken 7 launched with 36 characters. This needs to be comparable. Even with those added slots it only gets up to 29. Then you add the three DLC characters that you know are there thanks to the Deluxe Edition and that only get you the 32. But Tekken seven had three DLC characters as well. So technically it goes up to 39. Soulcalibur should not be shorted.

1 Like

It should add all the characters from SC-1 to SC-3 as far as I know.

2 Likes

Also for that matter someone should Ask Okubo if 23 is the base roster.

Iā€™ll hold that judgement for when my baby daddy yun seong comes- did you also not see maxi tho

Letā€™s not forget mitsurugi in that fundoshi

(Wrings fists like a mad scientist)
I also LOVE taki soul charge kanji on her blue P2!

And regarding that character speculation screen @justathereptile I can do without Cassandra sheā€™s so similar to sophitia
I would love viola and her unique weapon moveset

while I agree that Viola isnā€™t all that bad, (actully the one new gen character I thought was okay) Violaā€™s only chance of getting in is DLC. So be sure you save up some money.

Personally, I never cared about Cassandra. Heck the only thing I even respect about her is that she will do anything to protect her sister. If I was in her shoes, Iā€™d do the same.

Also, while I think Lizardman has a sword and shield I still think they can make him very unique in more than just his appearance, even though I do miss the dual axes.

This video is SO GOOD
It shows full screen the graphics/ and how the HUD TELLS you exactly whatā€™s happening so at least those who donā€™t know can understand better I LOVE those scroll info thingies on the side

It appears Takiā€™s new Projectile move requires no meter or soul charge. Awesome!
Great showcase :trophy::trophy::trophy:

Erh, no thanksā€¦ You can have those all to yourself.

#besthusbando

4 Likes

Keep him.

1 Like

No doubt in my mind mandrill that Voldo will be showing up too.

1 Like

Interesting. Iā€™ll be kinda surprised if the game only ends up with three total new characters, though I suppose itā€™s not unprecedented. I think SC IV only had threw newbies in Hilde, Algol and Dampierre, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Still, the timeline is supposed to be set between Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur II, and while I know theyā€™ve said (and shown) that theyā€™re willing to bring in characters from outside of that time period, such as Zasalamel, it wouldnā€™t shock me if Setsukaā€™s left out. Maybe she has a large following that Iā€™m not aware of, but I could see her either being DLC or simply avoided altogether.

I also wonder how safe Cassandraā€™s spot would be in the game. Obviously, she was in SC II, so she fits the timeline, but if Lizardman makes the final cut, do they really want three sword/shield moveset characters again on a roster thatā€™s not all that huge to begin with? I could see them having three, as theyā€™d be able to reuse a lot of animations and what not, but I could also see them limiting the number of semi-copies t two.

Tira could possibly be left out, as sheā€™s also SC III, but she seems to be more popular, though that may just be my imagination. I wonder if theyā€™d have both Hwang and Yun-Seong, perhaps, as I belive Yun-Seong was Hwangā€™s student and he was introduced in SC II.

Tough to say. Either way, I think that there will be at least one or two surprising omissions from the main roster. Iā€™d probably just consider Setsuka, Tira, Cassandra, Yun-Seong as maybe more on the bubble at this point. Maybe even Hwang as well if Yun-Seong makes the final roster. Iā€™d still love to see Li Long make the final roster, but thatā€™s probably not happening.

Also, one last thought here, but are we all convinced that Geralt is the only guest? I mean sure, maybe they use one or two of those three new slots for another guest character or two, but that would leave SC VI with VERY few actual new Soul Calibur characters.

Still a lot of questions, I think. But thatā€™s an interesting layout in that picture. Besides, even if some characters that we want donā€™t make it initially, I meanā€¦ Thatā€™s (hopefully) what DLC is for, right?

Have they confirmed three additional characters for the deluxe edition? I havenā€™t seen that.

As for needing to match Tekkenā€™s number, has Soul Caibur ever really tried to do that before?

Look at the amazon page for it. Itā€™s right there. I think itā€™s saying it might be four characters now that Iā€™m reading it again.

1 Like

Ah, okay. So thereā€™s a season pass. I didnā€™t see that before. I thought you meant that the deluxe edition would include three characters that you couldnā€™t get in the regular edition, and that surprised me a bit. Stupid of me to assume that though lol. Iā€™ll blame it on the fact that itā€™s still early and Iā€™m not entirely awake yet. :slight_smile:

At least itā€™s three characters and not two characters and a bowling game. Seriously, I know that junk is a Tekken staple, but it was just not worth it as dlc. IMO. Although the idea of bowling with Akuma is undoubtedly hilarious.

1. Okay I can answer some of these.

2. While Geralt is likely not the only guest, he will be the only guest on the disk. So no more guets characters until post release.

The story takes begins at the end of Soul Edge, runs all the way through Soul Calibur 1 and heads on to Soul Calibur 2. So I doubt they will leave out Cassandra so easily. for all we know they may give Lizardman more than just his sword and shield, maybe they could add something like a second weapon his tail tip.

Thats the best I can think of.

I love Voldo! I wish one of his alts would expose his whole face

If they add Lizardman soon, Iā€™ll buy that.

The soundtrack alone is worth that. But having 4 characters (whether they are added in the upcoming months or not) is awesome!

1 Like

just because more matches without commentary