Soul Calibur 6

If both of Tekken 7’s dlc characters were guests, that’s probably what will happen here too. The extra one you get for pre-ordering will probably be a SoulCalibur one, but the DLC will probably be all guests. But hey, that’s what soulcalibur does, right.

If it that is the case then my condolences to the folks who did not get their favorites in this game.

Personally, I think if we have to have another, it should be the only other guest. Leave the rest for those who’s characters aren’t likely to make it.

Also I don’t the rules apply necessarily. Soul Calibur doesn’t have to add just guest characters.

They basically started the whole guest character craze as early as SC2, it’s pretty much an obligation from Team Soul to add at least 1 or 2 guests at this point. Though they could pull a SC4 and have a bunch of anime characters made by guest artists instead, people forget the Star Wars characters were not technically the only guests in that game.

I wonder if geralt’s moveset will be available for CAS

Also, guest characters’ styles have never been available for CaS characters, from what I know.

Personally I think one guest character. Let the rest be filled by characters people want but didn’t get.

it never was.

About that spear thing. What about Hilde?

Sc5-hilde

3 Likes

Possible, though it could also be Seong-Mina since she was in SC-1. Thats not saying Hilda is impossible. If not there’s always DLC.

I hope it’s Hilde. Seong Mina doesn’t use a spear, but a naginata, or whatever the South Korean equivalent is called.

Though knowing ESRB they’d call it a spear anyway simply because they may not know what one is.

Of course as angrey a some will be this mostly the SC-1 so it’d make sense that we would see Seong-Mina and Rock.

I also noticed in this shot. Is it me, or is that Aeon in the middle.

1 Like

Unless he wields two axes and plays like he does in SCV, I don’t care about him. I’m getting so tired of clone characters… people on the SC sub-reddit want him to wield a shield again and play like he did in the old games, AND they want Cassandra too! So 3 Sophitias! Some even suggested they give Aeon/Lizardman Patroklos’ style…

Ugh…

4nPWQFp

1 Like

I doubt they will make him into a clone. I think they will just take his SCV animations and give it to his new design. Besides even if he was a clone he is still unique in my opinion and the one that will determine whether I buy SC-VI or not. all I’m saying is don’t assume that he will be a clone when they have the tech at their disposal to prevent it. But who knows maybe he will get two axes. We can’t say for sure. Heck people thought Tusk, Maya, and Kim were gonna suck years before they showed up in the KI reboot. Trust me, I doubt they would reuse the animations they gave him in SC-1.

Also I highly doubt we will even here anything from Patroklos again and good riddance.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. Personally, I like using my creativity this way, as I’m terrible at drawing, plus I’d rather see something in the game itself and actually use it, even if it’s not my 100% perfect vision for how I’d want it to be, but that’s just me.

As far as Armageddon’s CAC mode, I thought it was incredibly light on options, and while I liked that you could create your own move list, that alone left the mode rife for exploitation, which I guess wasn’t a big deal back then, as I wasn’t playing MKA online, but whatever.

I think a more ideal scenario would be for devs to let players both use all of the existing character movelists, but also create a ton of movelists just for use with CAC’s. Let people customize audio visual elements like chaning a projectile’s color or the sound it makes or adding visual flourishes to special moves that make them look more unique.

Perhaps, at most, they could give variations on special moves so that while they do the same damage, come out at the same speed and hit the opponent in the same place, perhaps providing different animations for special moves might be nice as well. I think MKA kinda went this route, but I think they took it a bit too far in the moves you could select. Maybe that’s just me though.

Either way, I think CAC modes are usually pretty fun and SC usually tends to be among the best, but I get what you’re saying about why you’re not a fan of these modes, so no problem. To each his own.

I’d also agree that three Sophitias is ridiculous. Two should be the absolute limit. I’m not usually a fan of clone characters, but there are some that I like. I just wish that Namco did a bit more to differentiate characters movelists. I mean, Seung Mina is my wife’s favorite SC character and I like her too, but I kinda wish she didn’t play SO much like Kilik.

1 is my limit.

Also…

Over a 100 CaS parts locked behind the Season Pass.

Like I said, I think they will add alot of Aeon’s animations form SCV and even more. I doubt he will be a clone.

1 Like

Well darn…

At least I don’t use it that much…

Wow, I’m hope those means a lot more stuff here.

I’d be surprised if we had classic costume sets for characters,

Those beautiful stages!! :trophy:
My faith in excellent game development is restored

3 Likes

They have to make money somehow. There’s a reason it’s been so long since SCV, and isn’t selling cosmetic items always held up as the “right” way to sell add on content?

I’m not a huge fan of CaS for some of the same reason as @CausingThought6. It’s cool to mess around with but then instead of spending time playing with the excellently designed characters Namco designed you are playing against thousands of bikini girls hauling Siegfried swords. I feel like this somehow devalues the game.

2 Likes