Soul Calibur 6

Kind of disappointed by the Taki reveal, mainly since she’s been in the series from the start so her being here was basically guaranteed to happen. Considering how Groh turned out I want to see a least 1 or 2 more new characters to balance out the roster, which is otherwise obviously going to be pretty much any legacy SC character worth caring about.

Also the Geralt trailer implied “challengers” so I’m curious if they throw any more guests into the mix, that’s more morbid curiosity though since guests have historically gone either way on the spectrum of interest.

Hopefully the build will be seeing will show the expansion of the roster. I think Okubo confirmed we are getting more than 20.

Congrtas to you Taki lovers, even though she was pretty much guaranteed a spot.

I’m still waiting for Yun Seong

1 Like

Only time will tell.

Only one sI need is Astaroth and Lizardman/Aeon and I’ll be all set.

1 Like

Yun Seong is on my list too! Really hoping

So question.

If you were in charge of the CAC mode what will you add to the mode?

I’d have each soul available for selection, availability for that soul to be male or female as in scv, a full set of costumes and hairstyles NOT found on the original characters along with customizable colors for the existing costume pieces found on the original roster.

I’m not certain how the monster additions that may be implied would affect rigging, but if I can recall I did make a Lady Death character from Lizardman in scv- she did look a bit broken-back and odd, but it was what made it cool

I would had a beast type character bases. Add Skeleton, Lizardman, Beast men ect.

I’d also release a pack called “Beast style” something that can work with the Beast character model.

Waiting on that Maxi reveal, hoping of course he makes it in

1 Like

I think you have nothing to worry about. Maxi will be in no matter what. I’m sure of it.

1 Like

I kinda hope Li Long makes some sort of return as a hidden character. I like Maxi too, don’t get me wrong, and I’m sure he’ll be on the main roster at launch, but Li Long as sort of a bonus or whatever might be a nice call back to Soul Edge.

Aside from Lizardman, I can’t wait to see how Inferno will play out. I also can’t wait to hear how the music will sound now. I can already tell these songs will be remixes of the characters themes from the first game.

I liked Li Long would have been nice to see a sort of reference to him with Maxi, it’s a shame because as soon as Maxi came along Li Long sort of disappeared. Well apart from his bit part in 3

I wonder what yoshimitsu will look like here…?

If he makes it in.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe Li Long died in his Soul Edge ending. That’s kinda why I want to see him return if they’re going back to this sort of “early Soul Calibur” time. I still want Maxi in the game, but yeah, some sort of reference to him, like maybe as a hidden character / skin that you can select for Maxi or whatever.

That’d be cool.

SCVI seems to cover the year 1856 (Soul Calibur I’s story.) Li-Long may appear somewhere but probably won’t be likely in my honest opinion.

1 Like

No, I don’t think he’s likely either. I mean, I’d say he’s so unlikely that while it’d be a pleasant surprise, I’m by no means expecting it. I’d put the percentage change of him appearing at less than 5%.

True. He’s also likely dead in this story like you stated too.
Because this is also a reboot taking place its safe to say nearly everyone in SC-1 has a shot. But also adding characters that are possible for the series as well.

I’m Guessing Zasalamel was a chose due to Resurrection and all that.

I actually had no idea SCVI was a prequel of sorts? I really am out of the loop with gaming news :frowning:

SCVI is a reboot not a Prequel.

According to Bandai Namco, Soulcalibur VI will take place during the 16th century and revisit the events of the first Soulcalibur game to "uncover hidden truths

1 Like