Soul Calibur 6

YAS!!! I am so glad to see these two back! It was a certainty Ivy would return, but not so much Zasalamel, so I am so happy that he made it into the game.

What they won’t do to make Ivy look as naked as possible. That costume is clinging onto her as if its life depended on it. That outfit makes Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive designers blush.

Zasalamel looks absolutely awesome, a nice combination of his past designs with a new added flair to it. Beautiful costume design.

I actually used to play Zasalamel. Nice to see he’s back. That might be my go to character if no other characters interest me enough to play.

Yep Jojo

1 Like

Damn Ivy, look at her… combos ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

NAMCO WINS

for staying true to character design
Can’t wait to see her costume options! I really want that royal retro look from SC2

Didn’t care for that snaky fur alt in a previous game

On their voices, I’ve never cared for the English voice actors enunciation for most fighting games, which is why I favor the Japanese choice in Blazblue/ etc as well as this fabulous game. I just don’t envision Zasalamel saying the dialogue in the way he does in English!!! It doesn’t fit his character.

I do, however enjoy the voice actress for Ivy’s English version- I hope they have where you can choose for individual characters like SCV, if not, I will just have all voices Japanese. Such choices given to the user is golden in my eyes!

“Tear apart!”
“Worm”
“Scum”:heartpulse:

3 Likes

The DIVA And the IMORTAL!!! Bandai Namco the best ever

3 Likes

Ivy… Much Combo… very Ultra…

I hope she has options for actual clothes. I think more polygons went to her… um you know, then the entire game combined.

1 Like

@BblackorchidD Now decided to ask you this: From what I just seen as well as judging by Ivy’s demeanor, does she come across as a bit pompous, haughty, and arrogant even by any chance?

1 Like

Yes, she is. Indeed also. A lot, even. Affirmative.

1 Like

@KIFANATIC8488 yes! Pompous is a great term.
And I so love that about her!!!

1 Like

@anon39655210 By any chance would you considered Zasalamel to be Soul Calibur’s version of the Grim Reaper even especially with him wearing a hooded cloak and using a giant scythe?

DOMINATRIX too? :wink:

1 Like

No, Zasalamel isn’t the grim reaper. He’s a sorcerer who obtained immortality and wields a scythe.

1 Like

ivy and zas are back! hell yeah thats hype, cant wait wait to get them into the lab and learn what they have in the way of new moves. lol ivy didnt get changed at all, same look as always. bwahahahahaha i figured namco wouldnt care

Still no news about newer characters after Groh yet.

Any older ones coming back next?

Probably a 2 character a month reveal all year.

1 Like

Really glad they decided to bring Zaselamel back. Cool design, though I didn’t see a ton of gameplay that looked all that exciting. Obviously it was just a snippit, so I’m not judging. Hope they’ll give him a lot of cool stuff to do with that awesome scythe.

Ivy’s one of my favorite characters and it looks like they really went all out with giving her some cool stuff to do this time around. Huge fan of that. Not quite sure why they’re still going the whole “dominatrix” route with her, but maybe there’s some story element that I’ve long forgotten and it’s not just a developer fetish thing. I don’t personally care that much about consistency if something looks consistently silly or out of place, but that’s just me.

Either way, I’m really happy that both of these characters are returning. I’m really hoping that they’ll show us two characters each month from here until launch (which can’t come soon enough).

Who do you guys predict next?

I think/ hope it may be Seung Mina/ Taki or Yun Seung/ Astaroth

One more alternate choice would be Voldo/ Rock/ Lizardman

2 Likes

i liked tira, and that one chic with the crystal ball…valerie? she was cool. pretty sure taki is in, it seems theyre bringing the OG charas back for this one. real excited for this game, finally somethin to look forward to now that DBZ fighter is released (and which is so much fun). i anxiously await a release date

1 Like

Viola.