Soul Calibur 6

If I recall correctly, nightmare is supposed to be the personification of soul edge. Him and the sword are literally one in the same.

Spawn is pretty much a demon with an axe
pretty medival if you ask me Vador is also thematically knight like (specifically a black knight or a death knight) clad in metal and able to use “magic” in conjunction with his sword attack. Again something similar if not reminiscent to that medival theme. Orchid on the other hand in KI 2013 has a super modern design of denim short shorts, and sleeveless combat shirt not as much

Fulgore actually might work if they slightly redesign him to be closer to that knight theme (like that armor set in dark soul 3 that has a helmet that looks super similar to fulgore helmet, tuft of hair on the top and all)he has but I don’t think the KI devs would let them change fulgore base design if he ever got into the game

Siegfried’s sword is quite larger than Tusk’s, so I don’t see the issue

2 Likes

All this sword comparing is getting me a little
 bothered

5 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s not the size of your sword that’s important

is what people with small swords try to tell themselves. :wink:

1 Like

Bow-chicka-wah wa wa waaaaaaa

2 Likes

Isn’t Tusk super tall though? I guess that doesn’t really matter.

Anyway, if a KI character does make it in, I’d like to see if they can somehow incorporate the combo system in. I highly doubt they would but I think it would be cool.

And yeah, I think anyone with a weapon could work as a character. It doesn’t really matter whether they look out of place or not since they could just say time travel happened like in KI2. In the past, I would have said Tusk but now I realize that he already has a bunch moves similar to Siegfried. With that in mind, I think I would want to have Kim Wu in the game.

Well your correct though it didn’t happen until SCIII.

When soul Edge was was corrupted by the bloodshed and hatred, it manifested into Inferno, turning the sword into what he is now. There were three nightmares throughout the series.

one was when Siegfried grabbed the hilt of soul edge and became the first nightmare, then with Zasalimel’s help, Inferno took hold of the azure armor and became the second nightmare. then there is Gram Dumas which was the third nightmare.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oops you’re right, I must have confused him with Rock. I recall someone on the roster having a hammer for a weapon.

With that said, I do find it weird then that people are saying Tusk’s sword would be too big for the game considering all the other greatsword users. Unless Namco is planning to retcon the size of those weapons for the sake of game balance I see no reason why Tusk can’t get in unchanged. Maybe people were just looking for reasons to not have Tusk as the KI guest character?

Come to think of it, I could see Hisako’s counter-style gameplay working really well in this game, and she is originally from the year 1493 so she runs no risk of being “too recent” in terms of fitting in (though that didn’t stop Heihachi in SC2) so if Tusk is a no-go she’s still an option.

Both him and Tusk seem like nice ideas. But if I had to choose someone from the KI group it would have to be either Jago, Orchid, or Fulgore.

simply because they are the faces of KI.

New SC6 trailer is here!

8 Likes

I think this Groh dude is my calling. Xianghua looks cool in this one though.

Pretty

Wow, this game looks awesome! Groh looks badass, though I wonder if him being able to separate the lance in to two swords means Cervantes won’t be in? That’d make me sad, though I tend to doubt that’d be the case. Either way, his moves looked REALLY fun.

Kilik looks a bit more rugged, which is kinda cool. Xianghua looks about the same, I think. Nightmare looks awesome. Man, I couldn’t be happier with how this game is coming along!

1 Like

YES!!!

Thank goodness Nightmare looks good again

If Zwei doesn’t make it, then Grþh is definitely a potential new main! Damn he looks cool! I love me some edgelord stuff like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just one thing
 what kind of stupid name is Grþh?! It’s not a Scandinavian name, if that’s what they’re trying to make it sound like (the letter Ø is typical Scandinavian)

English version:

1 Like

So I just saw the English version and it sounds like Xianghua and Kilik have their normal VAs. Grant George is awesome!

I just looked it up, it is a nickname for a grizzled or gray-haired man, from Middle High German gra ‘gray’

2 Likes

Well, that makes sense then. I still think the name is absolutely horrible though.

Yeah, they went literal with that name.

1 Like