Soul Calibur 6

Still I’m confident that the final roster is noit the amount we are seeing here.

3 Likes

I hope we get on on all the cast members.

I like that the others are reworked starting from the scratch default of the new sophitia & mitsurugi, in the vein of Adam & Eve.

They are the top of the bloodline so that others (new and familiar ) to come are modeled from their likeness
This is all too exciting

The likeness bit being metaphor for gameplay style.

Evolving from the new rigs and smooth animation mechanics ( non-specific, not clones)

As he said, well-balanced based on how each new fighter responds to and counters the unreal4 sophitia and mitsurigi movesets etc

I’ve also been hearing that this game covers the story of SC1-3.

Personally I’d like for Aeon to wield the Dual axe but they might take him back to an axe and shield.

They could still go Double Axes. That Kratos style would be gone if they didn’t. lol

In that Sophitia video, they talk about how she influenced other characters and that obviously transfers over to Lizardman/Aeon too. We’ll see if they stick with it or they say that he used two axes the whole time.

Retconning characters to be more unique, such as making “Lizardman” be more like Aeon was in SCV, would be completely welcome, imo.

If they decided to retcon Zwei so he could be part of the main roster as well, I’d be more than fine with that. :heart:

I wonder who that character with the double saber like weapon was at the end of the first teaser.

Kilik?

Looks like a new character. Besides, it wouldn’t be right completely changing the look and style of a character so beloved and memorable to the series like Kilik, am I right? Looking at you SCV

New character.

@swordman09 and @anon39655210

I know, I felt like an absolute beast when I was playing as Aeon in SCV

@MasterStone1994
that’s not Kilik, because the weapon is all wrong and the character appears to be female.

It’s weird that last night I had a very awesome dream related to Soul Calibur.

Apparently, people are saying Tusk’s sword may be too big for Soul Calibur (based on what VerminatorX said in a recent topic on this forum). I kind of don’t believe it considering stuff like Ivy’s long reaching whip attacks and how Asteroth uses a greathammer as a weapon, but at the very worst just they could just give Tusk some very unsafe moves that would prevent people from just spamming long-range specials all day.

Alternatively, they could use another KI character like Thunder, Spinal, or Hisako instead if Tusk were to be deemed OP by design in Soul Calibur’s engine.

Personally, if Soulcalibur were to pick a KI character, I feel like Spinal would fit the mold so well.

6 Likes

I bet he will have shadow meter in matches like Akuma and Geese’s meters from Tekken 7.

Honestly anyone from KI that holds a weapon would be suitable. Given the variety of characters and styles in the SC series carrying a melee weapon seems to be the only real qualification for a character.

Well you also have to kinda fit the time period. Soul caliber although has a little anime majority of the characters are from that medival time period. So while tusk and spinal fit like a glove character like orchid and fulgore probably wouldn’t fit

But apparently Darth Vader & Spawn are suitable?
Seriously we are talking guests here, and if Vader and Yoda are good to go, anyone with a weapon is.

I don’t know about Fulgore though…I mean is it considered a melee weapon if it’s built in to your forearms? I mean it’s kinda like saying a sword is in the same category as really sharp fingernails…kinda.

1 Like

Correction, Astaroth uses an Axe.

As for tusk, I don’t think size matters here.

Heck even Nightmare wields soul edge which is a big sword. (come to think of it a great sword is Soul Edge’s mist iconic form, but when placed on the floor vertically, his hilt suprasses nightmare’s head (Yes The two swords have genders apprently)

2 Likes