Soul Calibur 6

other wish, gettin hit during 8 way run not to cause counter hit state and you eat half a bar in damage. SC5 it was almost suicide to 8 way run :confused:

Yes and leixia viola and ivy had perfect horizontals to punish 8 way runs. Fun :face_with_monocle:

Also I almost forgot how much I love the Japanese voiceovers. English dialogue is consistently cringe-worthy in fighting games so I love hearing authentic foreign script

Lightning seems like a really strange pick to me. I mean, I suppose it goes with Tekken getting Noctis, in a sense, but why go back to FF XIII of all things? I mean, if youā€™re going to have a Final Fantasy character, how are you picking her over someone like Sephiroth and his comically large sword or some other character with an iconic weapon thatā€™s actually beloved by fans?

FF XIII is irrelevant in 2017 / 2018, the character was divisive, the game series was divisiveā€¦ I donā€™t really see Lightning selling any more copies of that game, but maybe Iā€™m mistaken.

I know itā€™s just a rumor, of course, so Iā€™m certainly not intending to shoot the messenger here. :slight_smile: If anything, itā€™s nice to hear this so I can sort of prepare myself in case it actually comes to fruition, rather than getting legit pissed a the WTF nature of such a selection when Iā€™m surprised by it coming out of left field in a reveal.

im lookin forward to Ivys reveal. the lols are gonna flow hard

1 Like

My waifu will be awesome in SC6. :wink:

shes also gonna cause a conniption with her appearance. much has changed since 2012ā€¦lol

1 Like

No aeon no buy

No yoshi no buy

no voldoā€¦ no buy.

1 Like

How are these characters perceived in Japan? A lot of Japanese companies are very inward looking - even though Japan is not their largest market. For example, there is no US based developer at this moment in time who would be releasing a fighting game with Sophitiaā€™s outfit and her proportions and the poses they have her in. (look at KI and MK and Injustice. All are toning down the blatant sexuality of female characters and all of those came before the recent spate of awareness on sexual harassment) But Japan has no ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  to give about that stuff. So they just do it.

Speaking of guest charactersā€¦ I just saw the new video released with Darksiders 3, and Fury would be an AWESOME skin for Ivy! Not sure about stand-alone guest character though, as she basically has the same weapon as Ivy.

4 Likes

As for character creation i would love to be able to make a lizardman or a full on monster character with accessories and a different weapon style. Heck have us make full on creatures such as Minotaur, monsters and other stuff that wonā€™t get broken when enough damage is applied.

Character creation will be the meat and potatoes

Cannot wait to see the options!!!

Iā€™m also hoping we can choose disciplines again

1 Like

A lot of people were very creative last game as they provided shapes and size control
It was really nice as Iā€™m sure this time we will see unicorns griffins shark heads lol

Yeah but Iā€™m talking more than just simple heads. Like a full blown like they did with the skeleton. basically take Aeon/lizardmanā€™s body, but as a character creation base.

Ya know

• Give it a weapon style
  • new armor sets
  • Give it wings if you choose to (like they did in SCV)
    the list goes on and on.

SC6 Rosters

New Gameplay:

1 Like

That character select screen is fan-made, Kev.

Fanmade?? :confused:

Yes, as in, a fan made it. Itā€™s not the official select screen.

ABSOLUTE Gold.

Iā€™m so happy the replays are back, the ring out is back, everything feels so Soul Calibur

It seems as if the reverse parry sequence is a bit like a mini super

Iā€™m SO EXCITED for this game and the announcement of more characters!!!

Canā€™t wait to switch the audio to Japanese tho-

ā€˜Itā€™s time to end youā€™ sounds like itā€™s read by a caffeined-up university professor rather than a lethally dangerous samurai

I completely misunderstood, that IS the official character select screen. Someone on the Soul Calibur sub-reddit just made the empty character mugs transparent for people to put in who they thought would return.

Sorry Kev. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Bandai Namco seems to be making deals everywhere. Is it too hopeful to want Tusk as a guest?

2 Likes