Soul Calibur 6

We need this sorely in our community of fighting game lovers

2 Likes

I wish SC4/V was on PS4 so I could play either of those again.

2 Likes

I still have my ps3 connected just for that reason

I had to sell mine to afford a PS4.

I do miss playing soul calibur. All I have is SC1 on the xbox one.

:smiley:

10 Likes

WOOOO, my soul burns!

5 Likes

so dreams DO come true after all

3 Likes

The Legend will never die

3 Likes

Man as soon as he asked the question, my hype went in to overdrive! So happy this is out there now and I canā€™t wait to see more. Hope it sticks to that 2018 release date.

Man, that game looked GOOD too!

2 Likes

YESSSSSS
FINALLY to stop holding on to empty hopes for all the other fighting games

THIS will trump all

UNREAL ENGINE 4 already looks amazing. The MUSIC!!!

Crossing my fingers they bring back the create-a soul engine

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::star2:

1 Like

A DOUBLE-BLADED SWORD?!?!

It looks good. I wonder how the blocking will work. Seems like a lot has changed even just from that little clip.

1 Like

Somebody I know owes me $5 :joy:

This is very exciting news! So glad to see Soul Calibur return in this generation! :smiley:

Now for some speculationā€¦

Just looking at them in comparison, the SCVI designs for Sophitia and Mitsurugi are definitely taken from the first Soul Calibur. So it could indeed be a reboot or a prequel of sorts, though not sure if calling it Soul Calibur 6 would be fitting then. I mean, yeah, sure, itā€™s the 6th in the franchise (well, 7th if you count Soul Edge/Blade), but if they choose to go back in the story, itā€™d be appropriate to have something indicating that in the title.

And if they do that, then I guess thereā€™s not a lot of hope for Zwei and Viola to return. I grew to love them a lot in SCV, but they were newcomers to that game.

I do hope to see Ivy, Taki and Kilik though. :heart:

Also, look at this beautiful official artwork:

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen the trailer yetā€¦ But Iā€™m hyped.

Although Iā€™m slowly moving away from video gamesā€¦ there isnā€™t any excitement in them anymoreā€¦ at least for me :frowning:

Holy fuckles Iā€™m hyped. Make Tusk a guest character PLEASE.

I freaking knew it! I knew it was going to be a reboot by the look of the designs.

Considering it is a reboot w eshould see them for sure!

Iā€™m confident to see what they can do with Aeon/Lizardman.

Max has done a trailer analysis/breakdown, almost frame-by-frame, and found with some interesting stuff:

Iā€™m betting there will be a Dark Souls guest.

1 Like

Iā€™m cautiously optimistic. The game will for certain look fantastic. Every Soul Calibur game has looked fantastic. To me the trailer indicates that - reboot or not, they are going for a better looking version of the same game rather than a truly innovative new entry.

Iā€™m a bit worried that we will see all the same characters with all the same moves in a new engine. Iā€™m reasonably certain this will be true except if you study the frame data for minor differences or find that one string in page 32 that has changed. But I can live with that.

Obviously thereā€™s a lot left to reveal but I hope they donā€™t get bogged down in plot lines or timelines. Just bring all the characters everyone likes back and say the sword has fractured Time. Itā€™s not rocket science.