Soul Calibur 6

Hmm …I guess so. But you didn’t say that Lizardman was a dinosaur :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think he’s Aztec or Egyptian. I could be wrong cause those tattoos do have somewhat of a Aztec/Egyptian deity flair. And are you sure Astaroth is a giant ogre or golem? He seems more like he’s some sort of monster made of fire and magma :confused:

I’m not sure if he’s even Egyptian since it mentions he’s part of an ancient tribe unknown according to the manual.

He isn’t a dinosaur. He’s a man called Aeon Calcos who was experimented with and turned into this lizardman he is now. ^^

As for Zasalamel, due to having been reincarnated so many times, he no longer has a place of origin, however, his overall aesthetics are very Egyptian/African. Even his scythe looks very Egyptian inspired.

Same with Algol.

1 Like

2 and 4 are both very good in my opinion. I didn’t like 5 although I honestly couldn’t tell you why. It just didn’t feel very good to control and the combat sort of devolved into trying to landthese ridiculous super moves and break armor off the opponent in both 4&5. It wasn’t great. 2 looks very dated now but it had the best gameplay of the series.

As far as this thread - yeah it’s old and the “tease” wasn’t a tease at all. Just a baffling anniversary announcement with no game accompanying it.

1 Like

Ah well then I guess that makes more sense. I really need to catch up more into this series :confused: .

So what new and inspirational characters would you wanna see in a next SC game?

SC3 was great despite the bugs. I had the luxury of playing SC3AE while I was living in Hawaii. The game was definitely balanced out, and even added Amy, & Li Long as playable characters. Also being a Zas main, I experienced his complete overhaul that he got which did balance him, so no more low hitting launchers that were safe on block lol…

SC3AE is definitely worth purchasing a board for a supergun setup imo.

I loved SC3 especially tales of souls. I never got to night terror though.

Here are things I’d like to see on SC3

What I’d like to see.

• Tales of Soul Mode (done for all characters)

• Lizardman/Aeon Calcos returning (Nightmare and Astaroth are a given

• Have Create a Soul have us make beast, alien, monster, characters while being very flexible with our weapon and clothing choices.

1 Like

What do you guys think?

1 Like

I can’t click on the video right now but I would probably vote reboot for Soul Calibur. I really think it could benefit from the kind of step back, think about the core elements that made the series fun and popular, bring these up to date and then build a game philosophy that seems to have worked so well for MK9 and KI. I think iteration of the last game has really gone as far as it’s going to take them and I’m tired of seeing children and new characters introduced that are just iterations of old characters. I realize you could do these things in a sequel as well but to me it makes sense to reboot.

I agree. A reboot would work perfectly.

I think having a story going off of the newer cast isn’t as bad as it sounds.

The newer characters actually have backstories that they didn’t put in the story mode at all. If they focus on those more, I think it would be ok. That and they can fit next to their successors, although I guess it’s too late for Kilik to come back lol

I must confess that there’s not a ton that I remember about SC’s story beyond Li Long dying in Soul Blade and a bunch of kids of characters kinda taking over in more recent games, so if I’m off on my timeline here, feel free to correct me.

But as far as characters and the story is concerned, I’d actually like to see them go back to events prior to Soul Blade or Soul Calibur, which ever. Bring back the best characters in the roster and find a story way to retcon a lot of what happened, because maybe I’m alone in this, but I wasn’t a fan of bringing in other characters that were basically the same as the old ones, just to make things look new or fresh or whatever. I also wasn’t a fan of some of the later character designs like Sophitia’s kids.

So yeah, maybe just pull an MK9 here. Have Soul Edge be wreaking havoc in the present, and have someone somehow magically send the sword back in time with some sort of message. Then have a more cohesive, compelling narrative that plays out differently then it did the first time.

Maybe new decisions and events mean some new characters become involved with the old ones. Maybe certain other characters that they don’t want to bring back are left out due to story reasons, and maybe they’re still referenced somehow. Maybe some characters looks are completely reimagined due to story reasons.

I think there’s a lot they could do from both a story and gameplay perspective to sort of reintroduce the older characters, set them along new and interesting paths and add in new characters that people will connect with and hopefully like more than some of the later designs.

SPOILERS!!!

I kid. :wink:

1 Like

Reboot!
Really want taki yun seong ivy & leixia
I had awesome male viola created souls

Hahaha! That made me legit lol.

4 Likes

Hopefully Zwei will return, along with Ivy.

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m holding my breath, but an announcement at the Game Awards would be pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

Same. I don’t get my hopes up for rumours or leaks, but it’s nice to speculate. ^^

3 Likes

Updated viola please

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone saw this OR IF IT IS REAL, as Max points out it’s unknown, but…

3 Likes