Shadow Jago: The Real Hollywood Story

Not a Jago user

Will be a Shago user fot sure!!

Sick stuff! My only question isā€¦

How will the people who donā€™t already have Shadow Jago be able to play him?

I think that weā€™ll be seeing far less Jago players now because a good chunk of them will convert to the Dark Side. :smiling_imp:

Full screen slide being safe (but negative) for the cost of presumably less than 1 stock of meter is preeeeeetty good. Talking in a vacuum, of courseā€¦ I donā€™t know how the rest of his tools will make up for it, but that alone sounds really good.

Instinct is cool. Iā€™m guessing it just means Shago gets to go nuts with surge specialsā€¦ maybe itā€™ll feel similar to Cinderā€™s in that way, which is good but not gamebreaking. I also imagine, like Cinderā€™s instinct gives him access to bomb loops, it will give Shago access to new combos since heā€™ll be able to surge way more often.

Tiger knee air fireballs, I imagine, will also be pretty fun. They are less risky than grounded fireballs (because projectile invincible moves will not hit you grounded), but I imagine IG is smart enough to put a decent height restriction on these to avoid MKX-style zoning.

He has a ā€œpush kickā€ that can cancel into dash? I guess this will feel similar to Abel pressure? Cool that he can cancel moves into overhead, but I imagine this is reactable by shadow counter since the overhead is probably 20+ frames startup. And if heā€™s giving you meter via instinct, youā€™ll have meter to shadow counter.

Weā€™ll have to see on Shagoā€™s defense, though. Is the uppercut as bad as the Aria booster body uppercut? If so heā€™ll struggle on defense (where Jago never will).

Jago is still a beast and not everybody will dig the direction of Shago, so I donā€™t see Jagoā€™s popularity decreasing all that much, to be honest.

3 Likes

Oh my Satan Shadow Jago sounds absolutely bamf.
The sword uppercut, the meter steal, the surged specials, the ninja slide, the bullet-like air-ok fireballsā€¦
So hyped for real boy Shago.
I have a feeling heā€™s going to be a huge chunk of my time, since I like his design more than Jagoā€™s. And the possibility of him coming out this monthā€¦
Letā€™s hope the trailer winds up half as cool as I imagined it in the trailer thread.

@TheKeits , @TempusChaoti , I know this is a shameless plug, but feel free to send Maximilian some notes from this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Overall, ultra hyped for real boy Shago. A nice twist on a good character.
Fingers crossed for more tiger vocals like in his intro

Rock on dudes. Thanks for the news. Good day to all!

1 Like

I canā€™t wait until the stream. I hope he gets colors and accessories to make him equally customized with the cast.

3 Likes

So will other characterā€™s shadows also get new moves and instincts??

Fact: I NEED a deep, wine red Shadow Jago in my life.

3 Likes

LOVE sounds awesome.

Canā€™t wait

Haha, Ono really thought he could kill KIā€™s hype of Shago by announcing 'Gief on the same day??!

2 Likes

Freaking AWESOME!

Holy crap does Shago sound fun, and also very original as well. Some really great ideas at work here and I canā€™t wait to see them in action.

My initial reaction to real boy Shago was to wonder if anyone would even play Jago anymore, but they really do seem like two different characters now.

It does still make me wonder though if IG does some sort of pre-season 3 rebalance, if Shagoā€™s moveset making Jagoā€™s look a little less by comparison maybe makes them a little more inclined to add a few Jago bells and whistles. Kinda wish theyā€™d do it for all of the Original Six. Love their vision for character design.

That probably wonā€™t happen, but back on topic, Shago sounds amazing. Hope he gets some awesome colors and accessories to go with sweet new skills. :smile:

They eliminated quite a bit of his moves which are a critical point to him, I donā€™t know if this was done to make him more like a Season 2/3 character or to make him more distinct from regular Jago. Really wanted an exact replica from Season 1 but only playable.

I couldnā€™t log into the satellite MS sites when this went live, you have no idea how painful it was to not jump right into the hype!!!

1)ā€¦ Did I call the Axe Kick (Cleaver Kick?) for replacing the Neck Cutter to mix things up a little? Itā€™s said overhead kick, but is it similar to Kenā€™s or Evil Ryuā€™s from SF?

Mother of god!
That Slide or Kick mix-upā€¦ Itā€™s a mix-up wrapped around the neutral low or high mix-up!!! DP surge to confirm a recapture punish!

1. Does having his DP be with his sword mean itā€™s a larger hitbox? (I understand that due to his dash with cancelable specials, itā€™s straight up, which is COOL!)

Interesting trying to figure out what purpose this may have besides just being aesthetically different for a similar 5-hit effect.

1. [quote]Shadow Jagoā€™s throw automatically transitions into the Laser Sword
    animation, giving him a launcher and juggle opportunity. More sword
    still.[/quote]
    To clarify; his throw is a single hit Laser Sword that lets meā€¦ Oh letā€™s say quickly follow with a Dive Kick for a Linker or a surged DP for a heavy recapture? Maybe use a command normal too?

2. That Dark Tether!!! Can you throw an Endokuken, go into Instinct just before it hits and get its effect?
    Cause of course, you know, could also surge a 2nd FB for a baited hit confirm and Instinct just before it hits them out of the air (or whatever the bait was) and gain a DT so we can vogue for a stock of Shadow before the opponent standsā€¦ Now weā€™s got at least a Shadow Opener and Ender into whatever combo we feel we can start!!!

3. After reading what you were willing to do;

Canā€™t wait for the upkick of people who donā€™t have Shago going freakinā€™ nuts when heā€™s released. :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty sure itā€™s the same kick boss Shago already has so it looks more like a mini tatsu, similar to the one Akuma does.

Oh my, this is awesome!

lmao this dude is insane with what he can do(Kind of awesome). Keits plz show us shagos weaknesses.

1 Like

AWESOME!!! I cant wait!!! I guy had a good question thoughā€¦for those that didnt purchase the Xbox live day one skin or the fund raiserā€¦how do they obtain Shago? I already have him on both accountsā€¦ Skin and the fundraiserā€¦so Im goodā€¦but curious how it works for others that didnt help pay or have the day one bonus.

But itā€™s so entertaining when you guys complain how broken characters are before release. :smirk:

ā€¦ im not complaining and who said he was broken? im just wondering what his weaknesses are lol