Omen of Sorrow

MORE NEW gameplay footage of Omen of Sorrow :grin: :smile: :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

1 Like

It honestly doesnā€™t look that great. The background is really cool, but the animations are very stiff. It feels more like MK4 than anything else.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s definitely stuff. Iā€™m still seeing more KOF than MK4 but itā€™s stiff animation. Vladislav III looks a bit out of place. With his ripped upper body he does look a bit MK4 ninja and not so much vampire. Further, he contrasts with the angel girl (canā€™t remember her name) who has some hanky move animations but is lovingly animated for things like her idol pose. Whereas he looks like a puppet from the old 60ā€™s Thunderbolts.

Recognizing that criticism is easy, and animation is nothing Iā€™ve ever done. I have a hard time deciding if this is an amazingly impressive amateur made fighting game or a pretty awful professionally made one. I still hope it works out for all involved and produces something fun.

A (small) interview with AOne Games on the making/behind-the-scenes look of Omen of Sorrow :grin: :smile:

1 Like

From that interview, I noticed something from one of the stages:

In the broader strokes (color, basic shapes) it looks awfully similar to this:

1 Like

The developers have just revealed the final boss of the game.

4 Likes

ā€¦huh. Juri hair style huhā€¦unfortunately just like juri it would look 100x better if it was down like in that amazing juri costume in sf5.

I do like the feathers though. It gives a bloodborne feel to the character and the blindfold is kinda cool too. Iā€™m curious how the character will look in motion. Iā€™m curious if that weird long neck would make the model look too weird

New official trailer this time with release date:

5 Likes

Nice trailer. The gameplay looks more and more like KOF to me, always with the caveat that I havenā€™t really played those games much.

Just as an aside, I wouldnā€™t call ā€œ2018ā€ a release date.

I like the atmosphere and graphical style of this game. It doesnā€™t look nearly as stiff as it did in the beginning, which is nice. Still doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s a ton of characters, but maybe Iā€™m mistaken? Either way, new fighting games are usually on my radar and this oneā€™s no different. Hope it turns out well!

1 Like

Any more characters in mind? Where there are creatures like Darkstalkersā€™

• Morrigan and Lilith
  • Demitri
  • Talbain
  • Felicia
  • Rikuo
  • Victor
  • Anakaris
  • Bishamon
  • Lord Raptor
  • Sasquatch
  • Donovan
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Huitzil
  • B.B. Hood
  • Q-Bee
  • Jedah

Fairy Tale-based characters to join in?

Itā€™s looking a lot better now, though I wish we would have seen some more gameplay instead of just a compilation of clips that didnā€™t even take two seconds, so we could get a better look at how smooth the gameplay and animations look.

1 Like

Or rather in this case a release year? :wink:

1 Like

A new for trailer for Omen of Sorrow -

1 Like

Have anyone tried the omen of sorrow demo? It ends today

I just found it and downloaded itā€¦didnt know it ends today though ā€¦that sucks. I guess Ill try it for a second before it goes a way.

Ah damn, Iā€™m not home before Wednesday, so wonā€™t be able to try it out.
Why do demos have a deadline these days? Canā€™t they just throw it up for people to try out until the game comes out, like they used to?

1 Like

Well you arent missing muchā€¦ its kind of janky. Only 2 characters available. Its def not as quality as KI, IJ, or SF

Itā€™s made by an indie company though, right? So I wouldnā€™t expect for it to have as high a production value as any of those.

And indie company in South America, something hard to do in this lands and probably they put a lot of love.
I think it might be the first figthing game ever in this region (I guessed in Brazil a studio was working in a 2D fighting game, but donā€™t know what happened).
However game production here is very far from the ones in North America. Still I was told that game characters 3D models (like the ones in Injustice and SFV, among others) were done here! =O
In short, thereā€™s outsourcing, but not full game production, thatā€™s why this game did a very good job.

I would like to try it sometime, I want to play with the werewolf XD

2 Likes