Omen of Sorrow

Kinda makes me think its Playstation’s attempt at KI, of course KI doesn’t own the formula and these characters are based in history/classic literature but the simple style of the game and the theme is reminiscent of KI if you ask me. I think I even saw Sabrewulf in there somewhere. Not saying this is a ripoff by any means but hey, it is what it is.

9 Likes

Meh… That gameplay look boring. :confused:

Seriously, we really need new fighting games on only Xbox One. Xbox One had one fighting game, it’s KI…

1 Like

So that’s the game they developed in Chile. I’m kind of impressed, I dind’t know they were specially working in this game, I thought it was and rpg or similar…Well, the idea seems fine, and I like it has a werewolf. And yes, could use some advanced graphics/animations. I thought it was a mobile game at first.

3 Likes

The official site

http://aonegames.com/en/index.html

4 Likes

I clicked the link expecting to see some similarities, but this looks like a KI 3 fan made game from before the 2013 KI official announcement. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But the game itself looks pretty bad. I’m kind of surprised that they would show this at the PlayStation Experience.

4 Likes

Jeez, the site makes it even more obvious. The bell tower stage even looks overly familiar.

I guess we know what game these guys are playing in their spare time, lol

6 Likes

Beterthnyu finally finished his KI mod?

7 Likes

Wow. Now this all-new fighting game looks REALLY cool, neat, and impressive as well as interesting and fascinating especially the mystical and fantastical creatures/monsters/beasts from various diverse myths, legends, and lores featured in the game :slight_smile: :grin:

2 Likes

Well, they managed to take a really cool concept and make it…boring. :confused:
That’s the worst thing you can do. If it’d been all dumb, I could’ve forgotten about it. But I hate it when people take a really neat idea and squander it on something lame.

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic that they call it “fast paced”, and “high mobility” and then a good chunk of the gameplay they showed was tiny characters walking on huge (admittedly nifty) stages or using moves that looked like they had a cubic buttload of start up and recovery?

2 Likes

I just thought it was funny they showed half a second of gameplay for the bat girl.

1 Like

Was left pretty meh at it but if it improves I’ll give it a look. Maybe we’ll finally get a frankensteins monster

It looks alright when i saw it. Its like Castlevania mixed with Thrill Kill and Street Fighter. :confused:

The intros, some of the stages. Very reminiscent of KI. The gameplay though, looks like early KOF14 videos, rigid and sluggish. I like their theme, just needs a lot more work.
Can someone tell me if this is a PS exclusive or not? Could be a fun casual fighter to pick up if it isn’t

2 Likes

Its been confirmed for Xboxone, PS4 & PC.

2 Likes

That’s cool, in that case I might try it out if its cheap.

3 Likes

In my case, I will get that game once it comes out soon :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

If it’s not too expensive, I say why not. And who knows, perhaps the gameplay will be super interesting in the final product.

3 Likes

this is just shameless, looks like they couldn’t really come up with an original idea and just decided to make a cheap knockoff version of KI.

I’m at a loss for words here…

Yo! I just discovered this game last night when I was searching through youtube for “games similar to killer instinct 1” and low and behold Omen Of Sorrow popped up. It looks very promising no doubt and if it’s any good I will gladly drop KI2013 and jump ship. The new ultimates are a disgrace smh.