My suggestions for KI updates in 2017

Time to bring out the popcorn It’s been a while since someone started barking off requests at the devs for changes that “need” to happen or the apocalypse will rain down because ultimates, more stages, and butt floss orchid aren’t in the game and if god forbid they add a character based off another. Speaking of which why is it that when anyone wants orchids original costume they want KI2s orchid and not KI1? Don’t all original cast members have a KI1 retro(not counting thunders for obvious reasons) so why does she need to have her KI2 costume?

1 Like

This is a troll thread, right?

Has to be a troll thread. You don’t throw that much in to one post without purposely trying to anger people.

With that in mind I’ll just be quick:

1. The devs aren’t lazy, it’s called a budget.
  2. Learn how to speak for yourself.
  3. We have enough.
  4. Arcade mode with no endings is utterly pointless.
  5. No.
  6. More money for fleeting novelty. No thanks.
  7. Never happen. Drill those words in to your skull.

Alrighty, that’s enough time spent here. Good luck on that whole “insulting the devs / ignoring budgetary realities / crying about SJWs” thing you got going on here. Wonder if it’ll work out in your favor… :unamused:

8 Likes

Deep down, we both know why OP and a few others want it.

5 Likes

Actually, I really agree on the point that a universal Arcade mode would be nice. Especially if they make new boss versions of characters for it, like ARIA. That’d be near the top of my list for new modes I’d like to see, along with Online Training.

No idea why anyone would want to go back to the old knockdowns after combo breakers, though. Flipouts after CBs made KI a better game, and there’s a pretty good consensus for that.

Hmmmm I guess I’m slacking off.

Note to self…try harder…next time.

2 Likes

OMFG. I’ve heard this complaint so many time it’s driving me into a wall at top speed! This is another entitled post about how they need to go out their way to stretch the limitations of KI’s engine to satisfy YOUR wants. I’ve heard it all the f*ck before. “ADD MORE STAGE ULTRAS” “ADD NO MERCYS” “ADD MORE CHARACTERS” “ADD A MORTAL KOMBAT CHARACTER TO THE ROSTER” “ADD MORE COSTUMES AND CUSTOMIZATION” All I hear from people like is “Turn KI2013 into KI1 cuz my mind is still clouded with nostalgia and in turn, Have unreal expectations for a game with under the amount of fans of some cancerous yearly shooter” The devs cannot cater to everything. Stop expecting greatness just because when you were 7 you were in love with KI.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. This thread is what I call “Entitlement”

3 Likes

This is how I sum up this thread…

1 Like

Agree

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]2) No more knockoff characters
[/quote]

Disagree not saying go and make some but I don’t mind if they do.

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]3) Add more stage ultras
[/quote]
Agreed

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]4) Add a proper arcade mode
[/quote]

AGREED!

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]5) Restore the original combo breaker animations
[/quote]

doesn’t bother me

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]6) Add ultimates/no mercys
[/quote]

Yes Agreed

Disagree about the Thunder thing but yes agree about the KI2 Orchid thing

[quote=“KRX8, post:1, topic:17213, full:true”]And these are my suggestions for future Killer Instinct updates. Take notes, @TempusChaoti @rukizzel and
[/quote]

You know how they will get everyone to stop asking for these things … By doing it. They add in all these other things that a small number of people ask for but seem to ignore what the Majority ask for and when they do finally do these things the Majority are asking for they leave it as this big thing that doesn’t happen till after they do everything else right at the end. If they focus on what they Majority are asking for 1st and then do the stuff the Minority are asking for after you will find the request will stop coming in as much at least.

So as for Stages, Characters, Costume, Stage Ultras, Arcade, No Mercies, Mortal Kombat Character, Customisation also the other request you see the most… Ultimates, Eagle, Shadow Orchid, Joanna Dark, Real Thunder, KI2 Orchid, Mod Support, Better Classic Costumes but also keeping the Current ones, Tag Mode, More Slots in Shadow Labs, Comic Character’s, Wendigo, Geni, Sharkman, Humiliations.

I’m going to be honest on the whole KI2 costume with Orchid. The only reason they want it so bad is of two things: fanservice and the fact that some people (not going to name names) don’t have girlfriends in the real world, so they decided to look upon female virtual characters with revealing clothing to have the urge to…well, you know. Being a lady myself, I like how Orchid looks in the new KI: conservative and still wow the guys with her looks. If they want Orchid in her KI2 costume that badly, they should go on YouTube, look it up, and go from there.

My two cents

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I didn’t even read the whole post. I got to “no one wants them anyway” and had a good laugh.

Did you know there is a difference between “pandering to SJW’s” and “catering to human trash”? It’s not even subtle. I’ll give you a hint:

Orchid’s Flash fatality is catering to the scum that stains the bottomside of humanity.

And let’s not pretend that by “outfit” this isn’t what you meant. Nobody, like really nobody (not just the imaginary nobody that you cite above) gives a damn about KI2 Orchid’s aesthetic except for the flash.

Or is KI2 the one with the butt-floss for little boys who can’t get real women to look at them because they say dumb shxt like “pander to SJW’s” in real life? Maybe if you didn’t behave like swine, women would smile at you from across the room instead of snickering w/ their friends as you walk by, and you wouldn’t have to angrily fog up internet forums demanding megapixel butt cheeks in 1080p.

Food for thought, little fella.

EDIT: Okay, like 3 people actually care about the old-school jazzercise aesthetic.

2 Likes

DAMMIT… I WANT STUFF.
(Stamps feet)

3 Likes

LOL, I didn’t even see the part where he actually told the devs to “take notes” AND tags them.

Holy… Seriously, the value that a super duper unique snowflake needs to place on their own opinion to think that’s a decent thing to say to the people actually making the game is just unreal.

Either one’s just completely up their own backside, drunk on their own self worth and dizzy from the smell of their own farts, or they’re really just that far removed from reality.

Man, if this isn’t a troll thread… I mean, wow…

3 Likes

(These are a new implement I’d like to make to the forums. These are called Mute Lines. For very special cases like this one, I suggest that these be used to tell other visitors that this thread does not need any more attention and we can move on to more productive things.
I quite like the Mute Lines, but if anyone has any alternative suggestions, we can discuss them elsewhere)

3 Likes

eh, I dunno man. ya the flashy boob thing takes it a little far. In the mortal kombat series some of the female cast would kiss of death an opponent. I guess that’s kinda offensive…and let’s be real here for a second. armika for SFV? heck all the females basically. we even saw chum-lee’s
crotch during a few animations back in the 90’s.

I get what u mean above…but to some extent it might just be engrained into the FG culture.

if my no mercy need black background … then I do not want! I like to think black background with shadow jago is only a temporary solution.

“Pandering to SJWs”

There’s more to it than sucking up to people who want equality. It isn’t even sucking up. For starters, that Thunder costume is “pandering to SJWs.” They could have given us the original Thunder design, but they chose a more respectful one, and it seems pretty well received to me. In case you didn’t know, social justice is for more than just feminism. Orchid is a similar case. They could oversexualize her and repel female gamers, or they could be fair and treat her how they treat male designs. It’s nice to see a female design that doesn’t scream sex appeal at first glance. Furthermore, if you really want to see that kind of thing, there are better places on the internet that can satisfy you more than a T rated game.

1 Like

Somebody else doing something doesn’t just automatically make that thing ok. I think you can see that IG is not focusing on T&A but rather making their characters look stronger and still appealing. Maya, Aria, Mira, Kim. I can show these characters around without the first thing them seeing be flesh strung together by tight clothing.

1 Like

What majority are you talking about? I just see a small amount demanding these things and the rest prefering something else.

6 Likes