Movies recomendations Thread

It’s the secret of NIMH. NIMH is the National Institute of Mental Health, which is is real thing and I’m sure they aren’t thrilled at being associated with villainous animal torture in the movie. It is a great movie though, one of my favorites. I’m sure @TempusChaoti is a fan because his avatar is Nicodemous from that movie.

This is one you can watch and appreciate as an adult because the animation is beautiful and the plot is actually very complex with a lot of different interesting threads woven throughout. It was a book, which I admit I didn’t read.

The book is actually called, "Mrs. Brisby and the Rats of NIMN.

I read it when I was in 2nd Grade. It’s a good read.

Dark City is a solid and unique movie, Equilibrium is also pretty cool.

Someone (VergoVan?) mentioned Black Sheep earlier, if it is the movie I think it is, them it was awesome. Also watch ‘The Lobster’ with Colin Farrel that movie is something else alltogether! Please watch the trailer if you havent heard of it…

Edit: Dont want to make another post for this, but in the catagory of animated movies, I have to mention The Iron Giant!

Since I got tagged, here’s a few of mine:

• Robocop (the original one, not the remake)
  • Forbidden Planet
  • American Beauty
  • Evil Dead 2
  • Raising Arizona
  • Big Trouble in Little China
  • Alien / Aliens
  • The Matrix (only the first one)
  • The Silence of the Lambs
  • To Live and Die in L.A.
  • Godzilla : Final Wars
  • StarTrek II : The Wrath of Khan
  • Terminator / T2
  • The Secret of NIMH
  • Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
  • The Changeling
  • Suspiria
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street

…I could go on…

7 Likes

Big Trouble in Little China is in my top 5, so good! And I think is the only movie where the hero is the sidekick and the sidekick is the hero LOL

1 Like

Pool Hall Junkies is a decent indie film. It’s basically Rounders except with Pool instead of Poker. But it’s got some nice scenes, and fun actors like Christopher Walken and Chazz Palminteri.

I read them all in the last 5 years… I like the Hobbit book too. But I also loved the moves… I thought the Desolation of Smaug was the best.

i wrote and recorded a song about LOTR…Its called the Great War of Our Time. You can listen to it on my Mercurial Myspace page. It has clips from the movie too! lol

Suspiria? lol…what do you know about Dario and Italian horror like Lucio and The Beyond, Demonia and House by the Cemetery? Cool!

Why has no one listed HALLOWEEN? Come on now!!!

Here are a few of my favs

The Omen
Halloween
Burnt Offerings
LOTR
The Hobbit trilogy
Fury
Friday the 13th
Rocky
RAMBO!!! (greatest movie of all time!)

Omen hype

2 Likes

That’s why you main Omen? :smiley:

Why yes…yes it is… and I just like Demons and evil beings from hell.

1 Like

Lol. Can you imagine if Omen get Jason’s hockey mask accessory? That would very awesome!

1 Like

That would be cool! Id like to see him with the 3 Jago masks that didnt make the cut in S1. there is a different verison of the wooden demon mask, and a Skull wooden mask.

1 Like

What no NIMN? O.O

Good taste in film.

Here’s a few from me.

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla(1974)
This was the ninth entry in the Show Godzilla time line (1954-1978). This was the first Godzilla Movie I have ever seen when I was a kid. I’ve seen it so many times that I can reenact every fight scene in the film by heart, especially the kaiju fights.

The others here are below

• Zootopia
  • Godzilla 2014
  • Jurassic World and Jurassic Park
  • King Kong (2004)
  • Pacific Rim
  • DBZ: Resurrection F
  • DBZ: Battle of the Gods
  • The Lion King
  • Disney’s Tarzan
  • Jungle Book (both 2016 and the cartoon)
  • Space Jam
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • King Kong vs. Godzilla
  • Godzilla vs. Destroyah
  • Godzilla and Mothra: Battle for Earth
  • Godzilla: Final Wars
  • Godzilla: King of the Monsters
  • Secret of NIMH
  • Wakko’s Wish
  • Eight Legged Freaks
  • Kung Fu Hustle

A fellow G-fan I take it? That was also a favorit eof mine but I didn’t want to make the list get too many Godzilla films.

@JEFFRON27 Show them yours my sibling

Wow, how did I leave off Big Trouble in Little China, or the Matrix for that matter?

I’d also have to put Enter the Dragon on mine. Also loved Rumble in the Bronx when it first came out in the US, but I’m not quite so sure it’s aged all that well. :slight_smile:

A few more I’d put on my list:

Dazed and Confused
Go
Reality Bites
House on Haunted Hill
The Thing (original)
Jewel of the Nile
Romancing the Stone
Wall Street
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
Magnolia
Flight of the Navigator
The Neverending Story
Aladdin
A Few Good Men

Here some more

• Aladdin
  • D-Wars
  • Son of the Batman
  • The Amazing Spider-Man (first one)
  • Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
  • Godzilla vs Biolante
  • Halo: Legends
  • Halo: Nightfall
  • The Emperor’s New Groove
  • Ferngully
  • Inside Out
  • Monsters. Inc
  • Turok: Son of Stone
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
1 Like

Godzilla(2014) I know not many will agree but even though the movie did tease the heck out of us I felt the climax was worth it. Not only that but I think it personally redeemed the idea of an American made Godzilla film without making him as disposable as Zilla was in that 1998 film.

Aside from that it’s music was great, the monster designs were fantastic and it was just all around awesome!

Other movies I’d recommand:
-Jurassic World (Fun cast of characters, awesome beasts that haven’t been touched on before in mediua like the Mosasaurus and it even gives you a nice little taste of nostalgia from the first film)

-The Gaurdian (I forgot if that’s the actual title but if I remember it’s about a man who was looking for a stolen Elephant, it’s a GREAT kung-fu flick and it does a wonderful job with the fighting and such. Plus it takes place in Thailand which for me was something new)

-Eight Legged Freaks (The thing I like, second only to Kaiju, dinosaurs, and robots; giant bugs! it’s hilarious, and fun to watch. Not recommended for arachnophobes though)

-The Prince of Egypt (It’s a pretty neat film, I like the little tragedy behind what happens between Moses and the Pharoh in this one and it has some wonderful art related to the Egyption myth. I may not be an avid bible reader, but the story of Moses is probably one of my favorites)

-Halo Legends (If ya ever wanted to see Halo as an anime, this is a nice go to)

-Halo Nightfall (if previous suggestion wasn’t your thing, this is a bit more to the western taste)

Lol I almost forgot about Annihilation. I actually watched it with my neices. Granted one was still reading on her tablet and the other was never really focusing the entire time. But it is a reat watch for a laugh.