Mortal Kombat 12

1. Kenshi is officially confirmed to return in Mortal Kombat 1 now.
  2. Both X-Rays and Fatal Blows are combined together in Mortal Kombat 1 now.
  3. Certain elements from Injustice 2 are incorporated into Mortal Kombat 1 now.

Am I the only one who found it frustrating that, when they briefly showed us the character and kameo select screens, they didn’t have every confirmed character on them? They just had a few each. Like I get it but I found it annoying.

So far the only critique I have (aside from the Shang Tsung thing) the designs for Scorpion, Sub Zero, Kitana, and Mileena just feel… off.

They’re not nescisarly bad designs, but something about them just gives me that "AI Generated" vibes. Wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.

Lui Kang and Kenshi look spot on though. Kinda digging the yakuza mafia style attire Kenshi wore when he fought Cage.

Also that penthouse stage… cant lie, that looks CLEAN.

2 Likes

Exactly that for sure.

Yeah I miss the voices of Richard Epcar and Steve Blum.

Epcar also voiced Jospeh Jostar if I’m not mistaken.

Apparently he also voiced Akuma in SFV (Most likely SF6 as well.) and one of the Create a Soul voices from Soul Calibur 6.

Least his resumes still packed.

Yeah I have some mixed feelings after seeing the gameplay.

The good:

Those stages look GREAT. Some of the best graphics, lighting, use of color, background effects, etc. Where MKX’s stages looked flat, colorless and kinda boring, these stages couldn’t be further in the opposite direction. Also love that there appears to be day/night versions on all of them.

Air combos! Love that these are returning. The combos in general honestly looked really fun and compelling. Lots of ground to air to ground type stuff. Very cool.

The bad:

The character’s faces seem to have taken a step back, which is… Odd? MK11 was a last gen title, how do the characters faces look so much better and more detailed in that one than they do in MK1? The level of detail on the kameos is far worse too. Kano and Sonya look like cartoony fortnite characters. It’s downright bizarre.

Not being able to control kameos manually sucks IMO. I get that you can call them in to do certain attacks and what not, but this really makes it feel like they just took the MK11 summon character resource (can’t remember what it was called) and made it the full-fledged hook for this game. I already know I’m going to be bummed too when characters show up as kameo only and aren’t playable.

1 Like

Regaurding a step down, I don’t know why but from the gameplay they’ve shown, some of the animations look a little floaty when compared to X or 11.

In the trailer, attacks just didnt have that extra weight or “oomph” when they struck the opponent. Which sure its still in early development I guess… but again even 11 and X during their E3 reveals felt a lot more brutal with how the characters fought eachother. Here, idk just looks pretty strange. Almost looks like a triple A version Of “Shaolin vs WuTang” in some spots, and that is no exaggeration

Like you said, how is it the last gen games are somehow outshining something thats specifically made for next gen hardware, doesn’t really add up.

Some more footage of the game, via youtuber “LegacyOfKaiser”.

Jax MK3 Fatality

Sonya MK1 Fatality

Other finishers so far

(Whelp apparently Youtube had to blurr them out… fantasy violence isnt allowed anymore it seems.)

Intro Quotes (Guess they shortened them for the character select screen.)

3 Likes

anyone worried about Kameos deconfirming characters?

This will put this to bed.

Along with the legal process of obtaining AND using potential guest characters in Mortal Kombat 1

Few other Kombatant characters we seem to have forgotten about from the 3D-Era Mortal Kombat games are Li Mei, Kira, Kobra, and Nitara :slight_smile: :grin:

No kombat kids here.
From what I also hear this may not even feature any new characters either.

On one hand I do express empathy for any fans of the kombat kids. At the same time it means slots can be filled with 3d Era characters

4 at the top of my head are
Nitara
Havik
Tanya
Quan Chi

2 Likes

That new MK looks cool. Im glad they brought Kenshi back. :slight_smile:

I would like to see Nitara too!

1 Like

No new characters at all would definitely be a move. Reminds me of how MK9’s only newcomers were Cyber Sub-Zero and Skarlet.

1 Like

yeah they were new.

1 Like

Is there an echo in here?

Frankly I’d prefer Nitara over Skarlet

2 Likes

Another feature that I like/want to see return in AND for Mortal Kombat 1 is the Animalities, hopefully :smile: :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Nitara and Skarlet don’t need to compete with each other. Vampires have tones of cool powers that don’t relate to “magic blood control” at all.

1 Like

Whos to say Nitara couldn’t do blood magic though. Her moveset back then was very limited, but now they could do all sorts of crazy things with her gameplay wise.

I liked Skarlet’s inclusion in MK9 as a surprise fighter, and I’ll admit MK11 did do some cool things with her, but if I had to choose one, I just prefer Nitara more.