Mortal Kombat 12

Part of me wonders if Shang Tsung will have dedicated transformations like he did in 11 where he could turn into ninjas that weren’t on the roster (until they added Rain grumble).

I just hope if they do fan outcry doesn’t end up making them reverse course on creative decisions. I don’t care what they say after the fact. If they had been planning Mileena and Rain from the start, their movesets would not have been a part of Shang and Kitana’s kits.

1 Like

Surprised they didnt add Smoke to MK11 instead of Rain, seeing everyone loves him.

However NRS missed a massive opportunity with MK11 by not having “Noob-Smoke.”

I mean with custum variations, you could make one dedicated to Noob, one dedicated to Smoke, or have a combination of the two tag team style. Hell, they could’ve even made their fight intros unique by having either Noob or Smoke start the conversation depending which one was chosen. Alas, was not meant to be.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the biggest thing for me right now. I’m already operating under the assumption that a lot of the characters I want to see on the main roster will likely be kameo characters instead, so I’m really curious to see how they’ll work.

Like, are we talkin MVC1 style assists? Are we talkin MK11 character konsumables, as in you summon them in and depending on which direction you flick the analog stick, they’ll do one of four moves and then automatically leave? I’m really hoping it’s something more new and unique than those options, like maybe they’re a tag fighter but they’re on a timer or something, and certain moves drain the timer faster, Idk. I want to actually CONTROL the kameo characters. If it’s just an auto drop in, do move, drop out kind of a deal, I’ll be disappointed, but we’ll see.

As for replacing variations, I think that’s all but written in stone at this point. I believe Boon said in one of his Q&As that variations weren’t coming back, but I could be mistaken. I really think the “customization” this time around will come from which kameo you pick and how whatever they do connects with your character can do. Like maybe Erron Black as a kameo can do a specific move that helps your character transition from one combo to the next where they wouldn’t normally be able to otherwise. Just a guess though (of course).

Yeah I wonder if they can be disabled to, or if they’re not meant to because it might cut your character’s options down so badly? That’d be kinda weird, but I suppose if it’s your main gameplay gimmick…

I wouldn’t mind seeing that return, though I’d hope that with the power of the current consoles, they could maybe kick it up a notch and give you more options. Not sure how they’d do that though.

Yeah Human Smoke is definitely near the top of my list for most wanted characters to return. No doubt. I’ll be shocked if they leave him out for three games in a row.

I want my ro-babies back. Cyrax, Sektor, and Frost. Please.

1 Like

How about Raiden in MK1, could he be an npc in story mode or as a kameo?

Or if he actually does become playable, how do you think hes supposed to play if Lui Kang took his god powers? Only theory I have is maybe they’ll integrate his bo staff gameplay from 11 as his main moveset, but then again going from The God of Thunder to Guy with hat and very large stick might not be as cool.

Or maybe they’ll pull a deus ex machina and just give him his powers back, really wanna know what they’re gonna do with him.

1 Like

Considering this is a rebooted timeline and not the same Raiden, I don’t see why this version of Raiden couldn’t also be a god. Liu Kang is kind of the god above all others at this point, above even the elder gods. So Raiden could probably be restored to his original status and not change much.

1 Like

Smoke too, yes? :slight_smile: :+1:

People seem to like Smoke more as a human than as a robot. Plus the first game in the series I played was 9. So I don’t really consider him one of my Ro-babies.

1 Like

His hair in MK9 was a bit much.

Clever design choice, but gotta go with full mask.

1 Like

Eh. I like it. Makes him stand out against the other Ninjas and showcases his whole smoke deal. Maybe that’s just cause it was my first.

1 Like

Would be cool if they actually made his hair into real smoke flowing. MK9’s hair just looked like a mop on his head due to hardware limitations.

1 Like

Another opinion I’m getting just by playing MK11, i hope that if Kotal comes back they don’t feel the need to call him Kotal Kahn and justify it in the new timeline. Just call him Ko’atal or General Kotal. That way we can have him but not need to justify him as the leader of Outworld over Shao Kahn.

1 Like

Considering how they botched his rulership in X and 11, he didnt really feel much like a “Kahn” to begin with.

1 Like

A mop on his head :laughing:

You wanna know something else I’ve been hoping for? I want Clancy Brown to voice Raiden again. He voiced him in the animated series and I love that voice for the character. Way better than Richard Epcar’s that’s for sure.

Ever since MKvsDC, I’m gonna really miss Epcars performance as Raiden. The new guys voice from Onslaught just sounds very…bland. Assuming its the same actor for MK12.

To me, Epcar playing Raiden is like Patrick Seitz playing Scorpion, or Steve Blum being Sub Zero. Those actors really gave the characters an identity.

Hell, even Epcar’s Joker voice has gotten better if you compare Injustice with MKvsDCs version. Its no Mark Hamil, but its not bad.

1 Like

LOVED Epcar and Patrick Seitz as Raiden and Scorpion. Steve Blum as Sub-Zero? He’s a good voice actor, but I actually kind of prefer Jim Miller’s voice from MK9 personally.

If Mortal Kombat could just stop changing random cast members without any rhyme or reason, maybe I could agree.

Still dumbfounded by them changing Scorpion’s voice for MK11 and NOT MK12. Like the fact Seitz himself said he didn’t even knew MK11 was a thing until he saw the E3 trailer was a pretty ■■■■ move by WB.

I dont buy that whole “we needed an authentic japanese actor” If that was the case, why the hell keep Steve Blum to voice Sub Zero then? Makes no sense.

2 Likes

What about Kari Wahlgren as Mileena? :slight_smile: :+1:

Sometimes I think about what it would be like if we got ports/updates of 9 and X with additional characters added. Mostly just the unplayable boss/story mode characters made playable and then maybe like one or two other extra guys. I think it would be cool, but there’s no reason for them to do it. Maybe in a decade or two when they’re nostalgic.

1 Like