Mortal Kombat 11

while I agree it’d be great to have Kabal a good guy again, he’s still a reverent in the current timeline. But who knows, maybe we will get to see a good kabal just like they did with liu and kung lao.

I would like to point out that Takeda uses these whips like Scorpion since that’s who he essentially learned from. He has a whole variation based around Scorpion’s fighting style; and to further make this point, they gave Scorpion new chain moves similar to Takeda in MK11. Granted, there are still things that make Takeda unique, but I just wanted to point that out.

A whip is very different from a spear. I see what you mean though.

I mean, yeah. But does he look like a revnant in the main costume being used in the trailers or kast?

That’s the only explanation I can think of. If he was alive he wouldn’t be among the demons.
But here it is from the Kabal Trailer. Look at the arms.

He does look like he’s a reverent here.

He’s also a burnt and scarred man. He has that headpiece because Kintaro Fire-bombed him.

Yeha that’s still there. But I’m sure burns don’t grey out the skin. His arms look like they are the same as the current timeline’s Jade, Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Jax, Scorpion and Sub-zero where the only revenants that were freed.

It does make sense for him to be in his Revenant form in this costume though. Both him and Jade have Revenant forms along with a Human Past version of themselves. I’ll have to assume that Liu Kang and Kung Lao will have that as well.

The first story trailer did show them in there human form.
Right here

They changed Kano’s voice!!! Dang it, I really liked the old guy.

They get rid of all of the good MK voices and they still keep Richard ■■■■■■■ Epcar!

I mean… I like his joker voice.

That’s the voice I hate the most! It’s just knock off Mark Hamil.

Saw the trailer here.

A kick below the belt that sends the skull, spine and rips up out of the body. What horrible way to go.

Kano’s voice sounds cooler. I like it.

It sounds cleaner IMO, he sounds too charming.

Man, the Cage Family is so fun and cool looking. Now I’m having a Character Crisis on either Cassie, Johnny or Sonya to play :disappointed:

Man, this is what I like about MK11 so far… I see some moves, I think “okay, that’s alright” and then a few more, and then a few more and by the time they’re done, I see more than enough moves to put together a character I’d definitely like to use. For Kano, I dig the Molotov, the magnet, the jumping slash that gets a ground bounce, all the throws, the many striking plus throw combos, the eye laser, the throwing knives, and I always love a good parry.

I didn’t like everything that I saw and some moves seemed more useful than others, like the move to get armor on the cannonball would be great against a zoning character, but otherwise I wasn’t that in to it. Yet there’s still enough there to like; stuff I find flashy or looks fun to do, etc. Kano looks really fun! Still trying to get used to the voice, but I’m sure I will after a while.

As for Cassie, I really dig the increased gunplay, though it really makes me wonder how Erron Black will turn out. Maybe she’s more or less the lead gun character now? Or there’s two of them. Either way, between the filthy gun stuff, all the fun stuff with the drone, the downstairs kick, the shadow move variations, etc… She seems like a really fun character too.

OKAY SO CASSIE DEFINITELY HAS SOME OF THE BEST FATALITIES I’VE EVER SEEN

The heart hands thing is absolutely sweet and cute. But THIS?!

LITTERALLY KICKING YOUR GROIN SO HARD YOUR SKELETON FLIES OUT?!
I
AM
IN
LOVE

What a way to go too. Ouch!

I just want to put out there that I think Cassie Cage is interesting simply because she is the daughter of Sonya and Johnny. I also think her fighting style is unique but blends elements of both her parents and that by itself is plenty interesting for me. More interesting, to me, than many other characters (e.g. all of the 3D era characters put together, frankly).

That’s extreme. I was like ‘wow’.